The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's GT-R

johnny g

LOL! Well, I'd have to call that consensual :D

There was one other Ginetta going around there and it was much, much better through the twisties, neater overall. It just had no grunt down Hanger straight.

Not much does when compared to the R35 GTR ;)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Ginettas are for the Junior championship, 14 to 17 year olds straight from karting. Some have V6 engines and have a

fair amount of grunt. Some are historic, and in that group lie some of the real quick ones. Like all one make championships the cars

end up well sorted handling wise, but often lack big BHP as it keeps the running costs lower. As in how much fuel did you say you used? ;)

*HOW* much are new tyres??? Looks like you have the disease to me, there's no cure, just control it with more power and downforce!

Not much does when compared to the R35 GTR ;)

Amen to that.

Some of the Ginettas are for the Junior championship, 14 to 17 year olds straight from karting. Some have V6 engines and have a

fair amount of grunt. Some are historic, and in that group lie some of the real quick ones. Like all one make championships the cars

end up well sorted handling wise, but often lack big BHP as it keeps the running costs lower. As in how much fuel did you say you used? ;)

*HOW* much are new tyres??? Looks like you have the disease to me, there's no cure, just control it with more power and downforce!

Ahh, interesting. The fast Ginetta really did look sorted.

I'm running 265/35/20 and 305/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s, they're incredible tyres for the road. £1250 a set though! The day before, I also had some 400mm Alcon discs and some Pagid RS29 pads fitted.

Oh, and there was a short matter of 200 litres of fuel (2 full tanks and 6x20 ltr Jerry cans).

Taking it all into account, with time off work, weekday trackdays are too expensive. Weekend is more manageable, though. But it's still:

Entry: £250-300

Fuel: £200-250

Tyres: £400 (1/3rd worn per day)

Brakes: £250 (get around 2-3 days out of a set of RS29)

Hotel: £50

It's not cheap, but epic fun.

LOL! I'm more of an MX5 guy hehe! Hope you're well mate.

Me too :) mines in for a supercharger as we speak :D cant wait!

Taking it all into account, with time off work, weekday trackdays are too expensive. Weekend is more manageable, though. But it's still:

Entry: £250-300

Fuel: £200-250

Tyres: £400 (1/3rd worn per day)

Brakes: £250 (get around 2-3 days out of a set of RS29)

Hotel: £50

It's not cheap, but epic fun.

pricey but fun!

I run the R888s and for £1066 they are great!!

• 3 months later...

Just had my first trackday of the year, at Silverstone. Car was awesome as usual. Great to get back in the saddle.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had my first trackday of the year, at Silverstone. Car was awesome as usual. Great to get back in the saddle.

Good vid. Car looked fast and well planted. What happened at 10:14, brake fade or just driver error? Is it filmed on a go pro, it's very clear.

I hit the brakes too hard, too late and just unsettled the car. So rather than attempt the corner, I took the easy route.

Filmed on a GoPro Hero 4 Black, with extension arm. Spot metering on. I've tried 4K and 1080p, there's no appreciable difference to justify the huge file size differences, so I just shoot in 1080p30 with ProTune enabled.

• 4 months later...

Well, another small update, I've changed the wheels to the Track Pack wheels (I did it back in May, but never really shouted about them), added some carbon side skirts and the Esprit rear wing.

Wheels and sideskirts close up

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13418626_1213853328638764_6383432873415208695_o.jpg

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13443320_1213853321972098_4853327770518921773_o.jpg

Then the new rear wing from 4SRC in Warrington

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13987552_10154450962725799_2442001712184531744_o.jpg

Then all put to the test at Rockingham for Niss Show 2016 on the 14th August

[video=youtube;Hjq-45aI1lA]