The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's GT-R

johnny g

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive, as is the intake air temp below ambient!

That is impressive! There again the fan could suck children off the pavement I think.

From my datalogging on the road, by intake is usually ambient +4 to +6 degrees. The SRD FMIC works amazingly well.

Sounds awesome!!! Shame I missed Silverstone, but only got car back from Sly on Monday last week and only driven it home.

It was superb yesterday, but we saw 3 very Porsche's get stacked. I had an hour with Jake, very much worth it.

That torque curve is phenomenal! No wonder these things are so quick. :cool:

It's taken a lot of time on the dyno to get it like that. But, it's awesome to drive now. Was very nice at Silverstone yesterday, just need set of tyres :D

Looking forward to the video's that is pretty special!

I'll try to get some at the weekend, weather depending :)

Just had a read through your thread and must say your car is looking great and must be an awesome drive on the road seeing your dyno graph :) looking forward to the videos as well.

Cheers mate.

Great result mate, i think we need to get a forum trackday arranged and see whats what:cool:

Let's not get carried away! I'm a decent driver, I got some very good feedback from Jake Hill, but I'm not at your level!!

I love the way you modify your GTR John.

You raise the bar always a bit higher (going through the different stages), fine tuning your car to a degree to take the most out of it on the road.

THAT is how it should be done in my opinion. I bet there isn't much on the road that can keep up with your GTR.

Congrats mate : your GTR is the example of how to do it right. :thumbs:

Thats brilliant, an amazing torque curve! 600lbft at 2000RPM is unreal.

Must be a great drive!

It's amazing. Power everywhere.

I love the way you modify your GTR John.

You raise the bar always a bit higher (going through the different stages), fine tuning your car to a degree to take the most out of it on the road.

THAT is how it should be done in my opinion. I bet there isn't much on the road that can keep up with your GTR.

Congrats mate : your GTR is the example of how to do it right. :thumbs:

Thanks, mate. Coming from you, that means a lot :)

What an Epic graph. Does your vision start to tunnel :)

Actually no! It's rock solid at 200mph (increased rev limit allows 204) - and getting to 140 is just ridiculous.

• 1 month later...

Just to keep this updated, I've been bitten by the trackbug again, after a hiatus. I was at Silverstone on Saturday for a truly fantastic day of tarmacrobatics.

Just scaring a 911 off track

Destroying a Ginetta racecar

Session 4/4 - Final laps, the fastest ones.

Session 3/4 - Solo laps, getting quicker

Session 1 was just sighting laps and was only slow :)

Not quite at Bignum's level, but certainly enjoyed putting the car through it's paces, and used 200 ltr of fuel during the day, including driving home to Liverpool.

You did a great job of "destroying" the 14 to 17 year old novice cross 150 BHP G40 driver, who let you by with excellent use of his indicators :)

Careful, you'll be on the Yewtree Inquiry stalking kids like that... ;)

LOL! Well, I'd have to call that consensual :D

There was one other Ginetta going around there and it was much, much better through the twisties, neater overall. It just had no grunt down Hanger straight.