The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's GT-R

johnny g

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the GT-R down to the EVO Triangle in North Wales earlier today, had a 4-5 hour blast out from home and back. It's a stunning place to view in the current conditions, with snow and clear blue skies. It was cold, at 2-3 degrees C outside, so I didn't "push" on too much, but I wanted to check out some new software for the iPhone for telemetry and video capture.

It's almost there, the refresh of the OBD2 data is a little too slow, which I'll work on and the G-Force is actually out on some videos which I fixed later on in the day (I think so some videos have it sorted).

The software is called "Harry's Lap Timer". It's pretty good, controls Multi-Cam and also controls a single GoPro camera if you have it all hooked up. I used the OBD2 PLX OBD2 WiFi transmitter. The GPS is the iPhone internal one. If you have a VBOX, the iPhone can connect to that and the software can use the readings from the VBOX instead of the internal GPS (20Hz vs 1Hz).

These are the videos that came off my phone. There's no manipulation.

Other videos:

[video=youtube;mXp-mHnkkkg]

• 5 months later...

Been a bit quiet of late, we've just bought another house and moved not so long ago. The GT-R was just ploughing along nicely, but the smoke out the back of the ID1000's was really getting on my tits, so I swapped out for ASNU 1100's and had a remap on the superb Litchfield Maha Dyno.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11709384_10153494962710799_7260043657622004249_n.jpg?oh=a67ab2a5808f904ba2fe01e35ba529e8&oe=56118C37

The result on the way home was a much, much cleaner and eager engine with a bit more economy.

675bhp on a stock engine and turbo isn't to be sniffed at though, almost 200 bhp over stock!

Been a bit quiet of late, we've just bought another house and moved not so long ago. The GT-R was just ploughing along nicely, but the smoke out the back of the ID1000's was really getting on my tits, so I swapped out for ASNU 1100's and had a remap on the superb Litchfield Maha Dyno.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11709384_10153494962710799_7260043657622004249_n.jpg?oh=a67ab2a5808f904ba2fe01e35ba529e8&oe=56118C37

The result on the way home was a much, much cleaner and eager engine with a bit more economy.

675bhp on a stock engine and turbo isn't to be sniffed at though, almost 200 bhp over stock!

Nice, the ASNUs are tempting me, as I am getting tired of cleaning the back of the car - exhaust tips have already been painted matte black so I dont have to keep cleaning them.

Nice, the ASNUs are tempting me, as I am getting tired of cleaning the back of the car - exhaust tips have already been painted matte black so I dont have to keep cleaning them.

Do it, Graham. With the 102mm and FMIC, I've picked up 50bhp (obviously much better mapping too), but the car feels alive. If anything the boost comes in too soon and I'd probably be better served losing 100-200rpm spool for a bit more top end.

Do it, Graham. With the 102mm and FMIC, I've picked up 50bhp (obviously much better mapping too), but the car feels alive. If anything the boost comes in too soon and I'd probably be better served losing 100-200rpm spool for a bit more top end.

I will do, when the new ECUTek firmware comes out, cant be much longer now - supposed to be some "fun" new features ;) I like my quiet exhaust.... doubt many 102 systems can get onto the tracks I can :D

You at ASDA Day this year? Be good to have a chat.... drag race ;)

I will do, when the new ECUTek firmware comes out, cant be much longer now - supposed to be some "fun" new features ;) I like my quiet exhaust.... doubt many 102 systems can get onto the tracks I can :D

You at ASDA Day this year? Be good to have a chat.... drag race ;)

Mine's almost silent, mate. Not far off stock. I've never had an issue on any track at any time.

I'll be at ASDA Day and Nissan Experience next Saturday.

Mine's almost silent, mate. Not far off stock. I've never had an issue on any track at any time.

I'll be at ASDA Day and Nissan Experience next Saturday.

Mine made Thruxton at 90DBs (3/4 of max revs 0 static) ;) not many will come close...

Awesome, so you at NissanEX and ASDA then :thumbs:

Finally got around to doing some video editing.

This one is from a trip a few us took to the Isle of Man a week before the TT, so the course was out.

This one is from the Nissan Experience Day, where Nissan employees are invited down for an experience in all sorts. Held at Donington Park Heritage Loop.

Nice video. Seems odd seeing the mountain section with cars going the other way- and also being able to see rather than clinging onto the back of my mates bike. Such a stunning place.

Nice overtake where you edited the video after Creg-ny-Baa :thumbs:

• 3 months later...

Quick update: I've just had the new Ecutek Phase 5 RaceROM loaded by Litchfield Imports on Saturday, changed the car to Speed Density and had a dyno remap, the initial results was a staggering 681bhp, however, the ECU pulled a degree of timing out so Iain backed it out and the car was happy. The net result was 678bhp and a very happy fat lad.

I've gained around 200rpm in spool over the previous Phase 4 map (dotted line) thanks to the revisions in Phase 5. Fantastic on the road and brilliant at Silverstone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206063[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]206064[/ATTACH]