MarkWs Provocative Supra

Westy

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received another little package for the Supra this morning...Carbon Fibre Centre Console Lid from marc_ps GB. Nice bit of kit and is a perfect fit!:)

I'll apologise for the poor pics but car is in the darkness of the garage!

Cheers Marc. Very Happy with it!

Can you post what price is given or PM me please

Wouldn't mind knowing for reference tbh either :)

CW:

Any colour so long as it's dark grey :) They are dual layer race quality foam as recommended by Cosworth and as used on older F1 engines. If you remove the foam element from yours and flatten it out into the flat circle it started life as, you can then measure the outside diameter, there are at least two sizes. All sizes are £23 plus VAT with £3.20 plus VAT insured post and packing.

Think this will be the route I will take to overcome the HKS filter stigma!:)

Edited by Westy (see edit history)

CW:

Any colour so long as it's dark grey :) They are dual layer race quality foam as recommended by Cosworth and as used on older F1 engines. If you remove the foam element from yours and flatten it out into the flat circle it started life as, you can then measure the outside diameter, there are at least two sizes. All sizes are £23 plus VAT with £3.20 plus VAT insured post and packing.

Think this will be the route I will take to overdone the HKS filter stigma!:)

Great stuff, so where's you purchase these from then?

Well to my annoyance the HID Kit I purchased in the GB seems to be the wrong one for my car. Here's a pic of the difference between the ballast pack connection and the original bulb holder:

I have a facelift J Spec car and took advice that the correct kit would be HB3 9005!?

After some investigation it turns out I should have ordered 9006 HB4 for my facelift dipped beam!:rolleyes:

Unfortunately - as per the fitting thread I prepped the kit in the house before heading out to the car, removing the rubber grommet and unnecessary wiring:

I have e-mailed the seller re an exchange, *fingers crossed* but I am not hopeful given that I have altered the kit!:( So these may be for sale soon to someone they will be of use to.

Given that I had the car out I also fitted some 6-10mm jubilee clamps to the rad overflow piping as my car was suffering from small nosebleeds due to the useless spring clips that were fitted:

Hopefully these will sort it out!:)

Edited by Westy (see edit history)

shame about the HID's matey, just wondering if they will fit mine? TBH i've not had a good look at the ones in my car to see what there like?

Good little mod with the Jubilee clips, like you said loads better than the stock spring ones. :(

Hopefully the seller will exchange them given how much business they got from this GB, but of not they will be for sale to try and get some of my money back.:(

The jubilees are much tighter...happy as I got a batch of them for free on that eBay £5 free voucher code that was posted last week!:D

CW:

Think this will be the route I will take to overcome the HKS filter stigma!:)

Just ordered my new Chris Wilson HKS Filter Element.

Dark Grey should actually go well with the rest of my engine bay!:D

Well after all the hassle I have had with the HID kit I spent ages this morning trying every possible connection...eventually getting them to light up! WooHoo!:D

I left them for about 10 minutes to heat up and make sure they were working fine and to my utter dismay the HID bulbs appear to be a different colour!!!!:rolleyes:

I have phoned the seller and sent him this pic...so my replacement bulb should hopefully be on its way soon!

My new Chris Wilson filter element for my HKS induction kit arrived this morning so I immediately set about swapping it for the old green HKS filter. I measured my original filter at a 225mm diameter but had Chris make my replacement 235mm to ensure the fit was perfect!:)

Old filter removed and dismantled:

You can see that the original filter element is quite a coarse grade of foam on both of its dual layers. And in with the new Chris Wilson element which is a much finer grade of foam on both layers:

And the end result:

I have refitted it to the car but due to the incessant rain on any of my days off I didn't pull the car out of the garage to get a pic. The Dark Grey element definately goes much better with the rest of my engine bay though.:D

This element wasn't cheap at £31.44 delivered!:faint: But for the confidence that my engine is protected its a price I was willing to pay!:)

Thanks again Chris.:thumbs: