MarkWs Provocative Supra

Westy

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well my replacement HID bulb came today with the postman and again it left with him...leaving me with the sorry you weren't in card again...despite me sitting having my breakfast at the time stated!!!!!!

So :taped: sick of this postie and having to go pick up items from the depot!!!!:banghead:

I have now been and picked up my replacement HID bulb from the post office depot...hopefully the colours will match now!lol! Will fit it tomorrow and post up a new pic!:)

Also purchased a set of Robs Stainless Sparkplug Cover Bolts - LINK - which arrived today also.:)

Well after all the hassle I have had with the HID kit I spent ages this morning trying every possible connection...eventually getting them to light up! WooHoo!:D

I left them for about 10 minutes to heat up and make sure they were working fine and to my utter dismay the HID bulbs appear to be a different colour!!!!:rolleyes:

I have phoned the seller and sent him this pic...so my replacement bulb should hopefully be on its way soon!

NEW 6000k HID bulb fitted - Spot the difference!!!

No I can't see it either!!!!:rolleyes: So confused to what the problem is - faulty ballast or higher k on the passenger side...but to me these new bulbs don't look like a 6000k crisp white!?:confused:

Seller has another e-mail!

Don't know what else the seller can do apart from send another...but these last two were labelled 6000k!?:blink:

Could there be a fault anywhere else that would cause a difference in colour like this!?

try swapping bulbs over, right > left and left > right, see if it follows the swap bud?

I'll do that tomorrow...total pain as need to remove my rad expansion bottle on the passenger side! By then I'll have a reply from the seller also...hopefully with some kind of solution!:(

this way you will know if the fault follows the bulb or stays with the ballest bud?

From the original advert:

Available in 5 colours

4300K - OEM WHITE - 3600 lumens

5000K - OEM WHITE - 3400 lumens

6000K - ICE WHITE WITH SLIGHT BLUE TINT - 3200 lumens - SENT BY DEFAULT AND MOST POPULAR

8000K - NOTICEABLE BLUE - 2600 lumens

10000K - DEEP BLUE - 2400 lumens

Lumens is the brightness. Standard Halogen is about 1100 lumens. LOWER THE K THE BRIGHTER THE LIGHT

Can someone who purchased a 55w 6000k HID kit in the GB post up a pic of your lights please...seller seems to think that my passenger side is wrong and that 6000k is what the driver side is showing.

Above is their scale from their website for comparison.

Edited by Westy (see edit history)

I will do that when I get in from work mate...it's just that the seller is arguing that the drivers side looks right!?:blink:

I wouldn't say so given my previous post.

Ahhhhh sorry thought you were at home, my bad.

There is no way that the drivers side looks the same as the passengers side, I might be home early enough to show you the difference between my 6000k and 5000k bulbs.

One thing to note is that a lower powered ballast can alter the appearance of an identical 6000k bulb when sat side by side ;)

Well I went out to the car tonight and swapped round the bulbs etc to see if there was a fault with a ballast...I kept the passenger side bulb labelled to ensure I knew that was the one with the blue tint ;) and I proceeded. Up until now the engine has been on when turning them on, but tonight I tried it with them off and heard that there was a loud buzzing from the drivers side ballast.

I have taken a short video and e-mailed the seller as the one I have is obviously faulty.

On the bulb argument...I have just put in the two bulbs that match and kept the blue tinted one seperate as it is obviously a different k level from the others!:rolleyes:

But here is a quick pic of the new view I have:

Forgot to update this!:rolleyes:

Seller for the HIDs stated that the buzzing on the video I sent was normal despite me pointing out that it was only coming from one of the ballasts!?:blink: So there isn't much more I can do other than wait for it to fail (2 yr warranty). They have stated that if I send back the bulbs I have they will send two more, but given that these were all labelled the same I think the problem is in the ballast as even the two bulbs that I initially thought looked the same appear to have a slight difference in coloration.

I'm not sure if I'm just overly fussy or if my eyes are playing tricks but I definately see it!?