How much attention does your car get?

RobD

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My supra always gets a lot of attention from all ages. Never had a bad comment yet. People seam to like it more now that I have taken the apr 300gt wing off the back and put the standard one back on. It seams to get more attention from the ladies like that to as it shows the lines better. I think what people like the most about it is the black wheels against the silver paint work that's the comments I get the most

I had an odd one recently, the tescos near me has an underground car park and so I went in and went past the usual teenagers parked up in cars playing music affair and went to park up nearish the store entrance. I found a space with 2 empty spaces next to it (as most people here would do) and a few moments later the kids in cars had followed me and parked up either side, didn't say anything to me just pulled up. Sat in the car for a while messing with my phone and then got out. Odd.

I still reckon it's 99% young kids who point the car out to their olds, I have yet to find a woman who likes Supras.

I heard an awesome one the other day...

Was stopped at a set of lights and had the windows down a little bit. A young kid (maybe about 6 or 7) was standing with - I assume - his grandmother at the bus stop opposite my car. I heard him saying to her:

"Woooooow! Look at that white car! That is the coolest car EVER! I'm going to get one when I'm grown up."

Certainly made me smile :) The grandmother noticed me smiling about it too haha :)

I didn't get that much attention towards the old silver N/A I had, or when I did people (not in the know) assumed it was a turbo so if anything were disappointed when they found out it wasn't. However when I drive the black aero V8 about, it's a different story..... at about 2500revs in 2nd doing about 30 in a built up area, the noise is something else, people who are walking and ahead of me turn around and just stare as to what's under the bonnet, in utter disbelief..... this itself puts a smile on my face.

I think that because of the noise of the black one, it gets almost as much attention as my old GTR got :)

In fairness he did look like the sort of person that would recycle bananna skins into shoes. :D

Aside from that my car already has a fan, one of my mums friends sons is obsessed with the car, calls it the Batmobile (huge batman fan) so I have said I will surprise him by putting some Bat logos on the car and picking him up to go and see the dark night rises. :)

In fairness he did look like the sort of person that would recycle bananna skins into shoes. :D

Aside from that my car already has a fan, one of my mums friends sons is obsessed with the car, calls it the Batmobile (huge batman fan) so I have said I will surprise him by putting some Bat logos on the car and picking him up to go and see the dark night rises. :)

That's pretty cool about the whole the surprise for him!

My old gunmetal supra got a lot of attention by the way it looked so aggressive and a used to get a few people shouting nice car and etc. the silver supra I have just now dosnt get to much attention untill I play with hi-stall at traffic lights and people look and smile/thumbs up.

Do get the odd person calling me a prick or an arrogant tw@t but i just laugh at them, flip them the bird and drive away :D

I had some old women look at me in disgust at a sainsburys carpark and all I was doing was just poodling along at 10mph, I decided to confuse her by playing classical music loudly and waving a selected finger at her and doing a launch Abz could only dream of. Silly old cow, anyone would of thought thought I was doing 60mph judging by her reaction.

Shouldn't you go and hire a costume and do the job properly ? :)

black knight batman.jpg

I had some old women look at me in disgust at a sainsburys carpark and all I was doing was just poodling along at 10mph, I decided to confuse her by playing classical music loudly and waving a selected finger at her and doing a launch Abz could only dream of. Silly old cow, anyone would of thought thought I was doing 60mph judging by her reaction.

You do know the real answer, don't you? You do know it, surely?

Or is it Not Applicable in this case? ;)

My car gets a reasonable amount of attention and never anything negative.

I had a stunning woman approach me last week she said she loved the car and she felt kind of horny...:blink: She sat in the passenger seat and was touching the leather seats giving me the eyes etc. I turned the ignition for the beautiful roar of the RS-R exhaust to be heard. She then with those deep puppy eyes, asked me if she could drive it...:eyebrows:

I said, "Love we may be married and have two kids but I am not letting you drive the car. I sometimes wonder why I put you on the insurance"..!

H.

my car gets a reasonable amount of attention and never anything negative.

I had a stunning woman approach me last week she said she loved the car and she felt kind of horny...:blink: She sat in the passenger seat and was touching the leather seats giving me the eyes etc. I turned the ignition for the beautiful roar of the rs-r exhaust to be heard. She then with those deep puppy eyes, asked me if she could drive it...:eyebrows:

I said, "love we may be married and have two kids but i am not letting you drive the car. I sometimes wonder why i put you on the insurance"..!

H.

lol

My car gets a reasonable amount of attention and never anything negative.

I had a stunning woman approach me last week she said she loved the car and she felt kind of horny...:blink: She sat in the passenger seat and was touching the leather seats giving me the eyes etc. I turned the ignition for the beautiful roar of the RS-R exhaust to be heard. She then with those deep puppy eyes, asked me if she could drive it...:eyebrows:

I said, "Love we may be married and have two kids but I am not letting you drive the car. I sometimes wonder why I put you on the insurance"..!

H.

Doesn't fool me... You never drive it :)

You do know the real answer, don't you? You do know it, surely?

Or is it Not Applicable in this case? ;)

I am keeping very quiet and just for the record I am not saying anything rude about NA's which are cars for real men, I have gone a while now without slating them and I look back on my past self in disgust....... To be fair I felt that way before the NA bashing but that is a different story.

Do you think she new it was an NA :)