The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much attention does your car get?

RobD

Possibly because they take one look at you & then think, nah I'll keep the comment to myself I think.

:D

The stance of your car now though :cool:

Haha, I think I have quite a serious driving face too!

Thanks mate, just want to drop the front a few more mil and i'll be happy with it. :thumbs:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get positive feedback from all age groups ...teens to middle aged to the golden oldies

I do get allot of young kids shout. ..."NICE CAR MATE " or a thumbs up lol so it's nice to see young kids still think the Supra is COOL !

The loud colour helps I think lol

Mine gets attention from all kinds, mainly Kids shouting "do a skid" :rolleyes: other guys that try keep up with you when you give it a blast tend to pull up beside you at the next set of lights and just nod with embarasment.

I dont seem to get as much attention compared to the skyline though... think that turned heads more though as it was loud and had a custom made screamer pipe pointing straight to the floor.

Mine also gets the "nice car mate"

I was working in one of my Luton school's this week and one of the kids came up to me at chucking out time, as I was leaving.

Through my window he said. "Ere mate, nice car, innit?"

I said "Thanks fella"

He immediately said "My Uncle's car is much better than yours - he's got an M3"

It's ok, I just ran him over.

On the way home though I thought, yeah actually his Uncle's car is probably nicer than mine.

Nevermind.

Abz does yours get any attention?

Quite a bit considering it is more or less stock.

I decided to drive into the office yesterday as I was needed back urgently, coming up next to St Paul's is a Zebra crossing which is always very busy. I was waiting there for a good few minutes & the amount of people (especially tourists) who had a good look as they walked past. Few of the school kids on a trip took photo's too as they crossed or stopped the other side.

Was pretty nice considering some of the high end machinery that pass there.

Turned into Old Bailey & the barristers had a good look before I disappeared into the underground car park.

Not bad for an old Toyota :)

Mine also gets the "nice car mate"

I was working in one of my Luton school's this week and one of the kids came up to me at chucking out time, as I was leaving.

Through my window he said. "Ere mate, nice car, innit?"

I said "Thanks fella"

He immediately said "My Uncle's car is much better than yours - he's got an M3"

It's ok, I just ran him over.

On the way home though I thought, yeah actually his Uncle's car is probably nicer than mine.

Nevermind.

After driving my brothers M3 he had, I rather have the Micra :).

I think its to do with the loudness (colour and exhaust-wise) white is the new in colour as mentioned before, especially when its complimented with black or carbon parts. My supe is white, stock except for a carbon TRD spoiler and i tend to get a lot of looks (Love it :D) I get told to rev the engine quite a lot, i get asked how fast does it go, to which i reply - it depends on how far you push the accelerator down. I also get asked on a regular basis how much you selling it for? You get the bad comments too, shit car mate! (group of asian youths in a vauxhall zafira - nice!)..police love it though lol. Some ladies love it, others dont appreciate the beauty and walk past like they have seen nothing, mostly get attention from young and middle aged people, i tend to find the older generations just dont notice anything, they've been there and done that tbh, just another chav in a sports car to them

Edited by SupraP-Z (see edit history)

My wife occasionally comments on some particular Supra here, which is nice seeing as she sees dozens of them ;) She alos has RTB cars (put that thing round the back, but they are often Skylines, not Supras). She still wants another Porsche 928 though, despite me using every means possible to try to make her understand they are complete and utter rubbish. She's never 100% trusted Supras since she took someone's TT for an MOT that was on junk tyres and big rims and it gave her a fright in the wet. I told her she was imagining it until I drove it myself, and realised she did very well getting it to Manchester and back without going via a few hedges! Like me she likes white ones, and she also likes the purply blue ones. I like the rare sort of browny metallic ones. Yes, I should know the names and colour codes by heart, but I don't.... OK ? :)

The people round here gawp at the latest combine harvester or tractor, cars don't seem to do much for them. In fact nothing but alcohol seems to do much for them. Bikes are a big thing though, given the great roads and lack of speed cameras, we get bikers from far and wide and a local pub sees hundreds on a nice weekend, or a mid week special meet up.

I hated most of the attention my Supras got, I'd have groups of young lads just walk onto my drive and stand around the cars :taped: I'd never feel safe leaving them anywhere, and god forbid if I had to book it into a garage. One afternoon while my UK spec was booked in at a Toyota dealership, the car was seen driving through the city centre! (it had a distinctive private plate, so there was no mistake)

My MK1 Golf gets loads of attention, but usually from an older age group. My Audi just gets the occasional comment and many approving nods from those in the know :cool:

I still want another Supra, but definately in a subtle colour next time :)

purply blue ones. I like the rare sort of browny metallic ones. Yes, I should know the names and colour codes by heart, but I don't.... OK ? :)

RSP royal sapphire purple (I think) and MSB monkey sh*t brown are what you are thinking of

My MK1 Golf gets loads of attention, but usually from an older age group.

Funny so does mine

Edited by dangerous brain (see edit history)

...prick, show off..

Ahhhh I know which one you are now ;)

I get quite a few comments, the night before SupraPod when I was cleaning the interior, a chap in his 50's walked past and said "Nice, getting it ready to pick up the ladies at the weekend?" To which I replied "Yep! Just need the wife to hoover the carpet for me!!"

:D

That's funny, :D

As far as I remember my first white full bodied Supra was getting lots of attention without using train horn in public place :D

Now my red standard Supra with faded paint and scratches all over still do get some attention but mainly when I have roof off in nice sunny day. If any comments my Supra gets are always nice and very positive ones even from Policeman who stoped me last week for stealing fuel..... :blink: long story, short, it wosn't me :)