The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra classed as chavy????

Graham1984

I think that because it comes from the factory with an enormous spoiler, it is a bit chavvy. As soon as you stick aftermarket wheels on one you're asking for chav comments.

Tbh I couldn't care less if people think badly of the car I drive, though I understand that brash cars aren't to everyone's tastes.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that because it comes from the factory with an enormous spoiler, it is a bit chavvy. As soon as you stick aftermarket wheels on one you're asking for chav comments.

Hmmmm maybe but to be fair I do think the spoiler adds to the look even from stock, If it was the vileside rear spoiler I would 100% be behind you and as for the stock wheels depending what they are I think that is fine to change too.

I suppose it all depends on how tasteful the mods are and to what persons tastes too I suppose, When someone brought this up in the pub earlier it was ironic that someone in a sadly pimped out clio went by with D&B blasting out, a stupidly loud exhaust screaming at 30mph and the windows down.

I've never had a negative thing said about mine.

Besides, it's not a car itself that is "chav". It's the person who drives it, what they do with it and how they drive it.

A Corsa only becomes chavtastic when it's weighed down by an elephant kit. A saxo only becomes chav when it is ragged to 60 in 12 seconds.

Then a Lamborghini becomes chav when it is driven like the owners the boss. And the Veyron when it's customized to a ridiculous colour who thinks he is cool.

Just sayin'

Surely the Supra is too rare to be chav? I mean, I could understand if you saw plenty driving around with bad kits and techno pulsating out of them, but you don't. They turn heads because there's hardly any of them around and that makes people jealous.

Supra's get called chavvy for one of two reasons IMO -

1. People are green with envy. In which case smile and know you're better than them.

2. You have chavved up your Supra with a crap body kit, paint job or mod AND/OR you're driving like a tw@t. In which case - stop bringing the rest of us down...

mkIV n/a supra....the choice car,

for use in the WEST SUSSEX COUNCIL ESTATE TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP!

reliable.....cheap...200bhp.

Let me just mention I am currently leading this championship too.

Edit: I am proud to of been used as one of your 64 posts too :D

I am proud to of been used as one of your 64 posts too :D

64 good quality posts might be better than 3248 posts full of crud! Just saying darling, just saying!! :D

[Am sure you can find witty picture-based response to this post!!]

A nice, well maintained Supra, without a silly bodykit and neon lights, regardless of the engine specs is the exact opposite of a chav car.

How in the world can you classify this as a chav car, dear God... Supras are a thing of beauty.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/Python_S/34804247.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/Python_S/46779245.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/Python_S/37242681.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/Python_S/72631569.jpg

this red soup is frickin awsome! iv just jizzed in my pants with no touchyness. no make up, no fake tiitys, just pure curves in all the right places

If you are the sort of guy who worries about what people think of your car and are worrying that they may think you are a chav, then just flog it and buy something else. It doesn't matter what you drive, there will always be someone out there who can come up with a label associated with your choice of car: BMW - Drug dealer, Jaguar - old geezer who likes golf, Rover - Boring, Mondeo ST- Henpecked husband and so it goes on. Own your car because you like it and not to fit in. Reading your threads Grahame makes me wonder why you bother to keep your Supra.

Yeah ok so its an NA and some single brain cell tool has said its a chav car, but so what? I presume you bought it because you liked it? If so what's the problem, just get on and enjoy it and if the power is not enough for you, then when the time is right for you just do something about it.

64 good quality posts might be better than 3248 posts full of crud! Just saying darling, just saying!! :D

[Am sure you can find witty picture-based response to this post!!]

I think you hit the nail right on the head to be honest, Like you said he has quality posts and I use this place as more of a drop in centre :D

Now... As far as replying with a photo I have decided that after you mocked this up for Chris Baileys bpu thread when he joined that I would not stand a chance, As all NA owners know you have to know how and when to pick your battles :D image

Letmeshowyou think Chris and his dad jcbtt should have that printed on a T-shirt.

I think you hit the nail right on the head to be honest, Like you said he has quality posts and I use this place as more of a drop in centre :D

Now... As far as replying with a photo I have decided that after you mocked this up for Chris Baileys bpu thread when he joined that I would not stand a chance, As all NA owners know you have to know how and when to pick your battles :D http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/frame2.jpg

Letmeshowyou think Chris and his dad jcbtt should have that printed on a T-shirt.

You crack me up!! :D

my dads not intersest in cars at all really, but he did own a e type jag for a while, so he not a complete twat. (it was on his bucket list just like supras are on mine) but even he said he loves the look of them. which shocked me cuz he knows f all bout cars and had never heard or seen one before

If you are the sort of guy who worries about what people think of your car and are worrying that they may think you are a chav, then just flog it and buy something else. It doesn't matter what you drive, there will always be someone out there who can come up with a label associated with your choice of car: BMW - Drug dealer, Jaguar - old geezer who likes golf, Rover - Boring, Mondeo ST- Henpecked husband and so it goes on. Own your car because you like it and not to fit in. Reading your threads Grahame makes me wonder why you bother to keep your Supra.

Yeah ok so its an NA and some single brain cell tool has said its a chav car, but so what? I presume you bought it because you liked it? If so what's the problem, just get on and enjoy it and if the power is not enough for you, then when the time is right for you just do something about it.

I love my car but I find being able to poke fun at it keeps me from being too anal about it at the same time and keeps the fun there as I personally don't care what others think about me or what car I drive.

I just was interested in other peoples experiences with these like minded people that just want to pick holes was like as like you said everyone always will have an opinion on things good or bad but hey ho that's life.

As for slating my car as I have said in loads of other threads I would love a more powerful supra hence why I like to slate mine for my own amusement but regardless of that when I brought it nearly a year ago I was still new to driving and had never had or driven a RWD before so I think it made perfect sense to buy a NA to start with, When I look back and consider that amongst cost,looks and the fun I have had in it I was and still am really happy with my choice as it was the best decision and more sensible than being another statistic of owning a car they are not really ready to have and being a danger to themselves and others on the road.

Now... As far as replying with a photo I have decided that after you mocked this up for Chris Baileys bpu thread when he joined that I would not stand a chance, As all NA owners know you have to know how and when to pick your battles :D http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/frame2.jpg

Remind me again what do I need to get printed on my t-shirt - by the way I think chavs are the people that drive the car and not the car itself and if they are wearing the obligatory baseball cap then that just confirms it.

Remind me again what do I need to get printed on my t-shirt - by the way I think chavs are the people that drive the car and not the car itself and if they are wearing the obligatory baseball cap then that just confirms it.

Hi John, This was a mock up dyno sheet Ellis made for Chris when he was getting ripped on his newbie what is bpu thread. Letmeshowyou said he thought you should both have it printed on a t-shirt and I agree :D

Hi John, This was a mock up dyno sheet Ellis made for Chris when he was getting ripped on his newbie what is bpu thread. Letmeshowyou said he thought you should both have it printed on a t-shirt and I agree :D

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll206/ellisgrange/frame2.jpg

I think only one t-shirt needed for chris as one of my dads cars was a japanese icon a datsun 140j that made about 60 horses iirc ( now that was a chavvy looking car even in original spec)- anyway junior will probably be along in a minute so i'll leave it to him to respond with a witty barb

I think only one t-shirt needed for chris as one of my dads cars was a japanese icon a datsun 140j that made about 60 horses iirc ( now that was a chavvy looking car even in original spec)- anyway junior will probably be along in a minute so i'll leave it to him to respond with a witty barb

Dont worry i've been keeping a close eye on this thread! Lol.

I love my car but I find being able to poke fun at it keeps me from being too anal about it at the same time and keeps the fun there as I personally don't care what others think about me or what car I drive.

I just was interested in other peoples experiences with these like minded people that just want to pick holes was like as like you said everyone always will have an opinion on things good or bad but hey ho that's life.

As for slating my car as I have said in loads of other threads I would love a more powerful supra hence why I like to slate mine for my own amusement but regardless of that when I brought it nearly a year ago I was still new to driving and had never had or driven a RWD before so I think it made perfect sense to buy a NA to start with, When I look back and consider that amongst cost,looks and the fun I have had in it I was and still am really happy with my choice as it was the best decision and more sensible than being another statistic of owning a car they are not really ready to have and being a danger to themselves and others on the road.

Problem is Graham you go on about it way too much, which then makes it from funny to repetitive which attracts the opposite reaction.

On the chav thing, just take off your Burberry cap & you'll be fine ;)

Not sure how anything with a 3l engine is chavvy. To me, a chavvy car is one, for example, like a corsa with a stupid body kit, and stupid paint scheme, driven by a "chav" who thinks burn outs and donuts in a carpark is cool.

A few years ago I went to a supra meet where all of these ingredients were present: lairy bodykits: check. Love-it-or-loathe-it paintwork: check. Doughnuts outside Pizza Hut: check. Rozzers called by the public: check. There was even a lone Corsa racing around using McDonalds trays under the wheels.

I've been to a total of about 4 supra meets in my several years of ownership, but to be fair the others weren't like that.

Meh, I get comments all the time, from what I have spent on mine in the past two years I could of easily had a nice 911 Turbo, but that would just be another car that blends into the line up and doesn't offer me anything that I crave (i.e. Loud, brash, making a scene and sat happy that most of the time no car around me has more power).

Don't reject the chav comments, embrace them, show them that your car fit's into a much more exciting life, next time someone (who more than likely drives a white a3/golf/tt/etc) calls your car a chav car, just reply with 'I don't have time to argue I have 2kg's of coke that needs to be somewhere and an FHM model that won't stop pestering me to go to hers tonight' then leave in a could of smoke with the sound of spool and boost cut.

Happy days :)