The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 1999 TT6 VVTi Progress thread

spikedjack

Just ordered a 5l and a 1l bottle of Fuchs Titan Race 10w50 Fully synth (Ester) for the service next month. Need to get my backside down to toyota now for a filter, and order a magnetic plug from paul :)

And just ordered two bottles of Motul RBF600 Brake fluid for the change next month with the DO LUCK lines. Should feel nice then, just awaiting pads :)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers abz :D

Westy:

I have always been recommended 10w50 fully synth ester based oil like Fuchs or as it used to be silkolene.

I did an out with the old in with the new, but made sure I got as much out as possible, it took just over 6 litres in the end :)

Ill do diff and gearbox oil in the coming months

It's the exact same Fuchs oil I have mate, just in 10w-40.

I'm sure it will be fine.:)

If its fully synth I doubt it'll pose you a problem bud :)

I thought 10w40 was for stockish cars but I doubt for how much hoon they get it'll make any difference

Lines and fluid next week, can you link me to those caliper decals please? I wanna dp the same refurb ideally :)

• 3 weeks later...

So i decided to Fit my braided brake hoses today...

Fronts are on, I've decided to leave the rears for now due to discovering a rather rounded and seized brake union. Even with my brake spanner it is useless to undo so it looks like its back to the drawing board for now....

I simply flushed the fluid with regular pagid dot4.1 for now and will use the rbf600 when the rears are also on and do a full flush.

Quick photo:

Any suggestions for removing seized/rounded brake pipe unions?

Also, i've ordered a Walbro, as the pump from my last car i have in there (meant to be a UK pump) was playing on my mind as to whether or not it actually was, so decided to just replace it to be on the safe side anyway. Should be here mid week :)

Edited by spikedjack (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of updates:

Tyres on the rear were dead, just above the wear bars and felt absolutely lethal so ordered some new, Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta's:

They arrived while i was away on business, so had them whacked on today:

My Walbro fuel pump arrived as the last part of the BPU puzzle last week from Benkei (cheers dude!) so fitted that this afternoon also:

Gave my new intercooler a bit of a clean up, possibly get that fitted tomorrow also:

Loving how the car is now, just need some warmer/dryer weather to give it some stick :eyebrows:

Cheers for looking :)

Cheers dude,

I'm seriously thinking of removing my skirts and spats then going earless and painted on the front lip...

Opinions?

Do it !

Personally im not a fan of the skirts or splats. And earless FTW !

Stock body is my preference :)

Cheers dude,

I'm seriously thinking of removing my skirts and spats then going earless and painted on the front lip...

Opinions?

Do it! :)

I've just taken them off mine, are yours original skirts/spats as if they are if removed properly your paint should be perfect, just take your time :)