The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 1999 TT6 VVTi Progress thread

spikedjack

Got a small niggly job done the weekend by removing and wire tucking the HID system as in Japan it was done with no form only function in mind lol!

Both sides were like this:

Forgot to take one of the drivers side :(

Now:

Eventually I'll stick the battery and fuse box in the boot but for now this makes it look a lot more stock/tidy :)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a small niggly job done the weekend by removing and wire tucking the HID system as in Japan it was done with no form only function in mind lol!

Both sides were like this:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/Spikedjack2/e930f0bf.jpg

Forgot to take one of the drivers side :(

Now:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/Spikedjack2/0e381081.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/Spikedjack2/3b97e78a.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/Spikedjack2/5f108922.jpg

Eventually I'll stick the battery and fuse box in the boot but for now this makes it look a lot more stock/tidy :)

What did you Jack, put them underneath the headlights?

Thanks konrad, nice to meet you dude!

Abz, Yeah, i mounted them to the chassis legs under the headlights and re earthed them to some existing bolts there, just tidies it up a touch i think :)

I do have a spare set that have less wiring for them however its all neatly stored now, and invisible while the lights are in so i'll keep them as spares for now.

Abz, Yeah, i mounted them to the chassis legs under the headlights and re earthed them to some existing bolts there, just tidies it up a touch i think :)

I do have a spare set that have less wiring for them however its all neatly stored now, and invisible while the lights are in so i'll keep them as spares for now.

Nice, does certainly look very OEM. :)

This is on my to do list but I don't get a free weekend and some decent weather to carry out the work. Normally get one or the other!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I personally think shaved ears look more clean and smooth, most the yanks run clean ears ;).

i thought that too , looks abit ugly in the wheel arch at the moment. the whole car is perfect and the lip looses it down, if it was shaved so the wheel arch is perfect again it would look alot better

could be the way the photo is maybe from the side its not as bad

i thought that too , looks abit ugly in the wheel arch at the moment. the whole car is perfect and the lip looses it down, if it was shaved so the wheel arch is perfect again it would look alot better

could be the way the photo is maybe from the side its not as bad

Deffinatly not the photo, I had the original wings west lip and iv seen the shaved look in reality shaved ears by far look much natural, rather then look stuck on.

• 1 month later...