The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 1999 TT6 VVTi Progress thread

spikedjack

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the skirts IMO.

Let me know how you rate those tyres mate as I need some new ones.:)

I've been through a few sets of these on my M3, theyre a billiant tyre. I'd highly recommend them! My only complaint was the wore a bit quicker then other brands.

Car is looking great mate! Can I ask what stopped you opting for the Federal 595 RS-R's in the end?

Cheers bud :)

The only thing was, because i use the car daily and often use it for trips to manchester and back (airport and my works head office) and becuase they only come with 5mm of tread from new (compared to the nearly 9mm of the Vreds) I just didnt think they were brilliant value for money. At BPU level and as i VERY RARELY see track, the extra just wasnt worth it for me (read "me" as "the missus thinking of our property savings fund" ) :p:rlol:

Cheers bud :)

The only thing was, because i use the car daily and often use it for trips to manchester and back (airport and my works head office) and becuase they only come with 5mm of tread from new (compared to the nearly 9mm of the Vreds) I just didnt think they were brilliant value for money. At BPU level and as i VERY RARELY see track, the extra just wasnt worth it for me (read "me" as "the missus thinking of our property savings fund" ) :p:rlol:

No worries!

I can't argue with that :D I have heard very good things about the Vredesteins! I'm in the market for four new tyres and have been looking at all sorts, the RS-R's seem a nice alternative to R888's taking the price into consideration, and are meant to be slightly harder wearing. However, I'm unsure whether I can justify track day tyres for the minimal amount of time they may be required, as you say.

On a side note, I notice you use Camskill for your tyres. They have always come out with the best prices for me every single time I've purchased tyres!

No worries!

I can't argue with that :D I have heard very good things about the Vredesteins! I'm in the market for four new tyres and have been looking at all sorts, the RS-R's seem a nice alternative to R888's taking the price into consideration, and are meant to be slightly harder wearing. However, I'm unsure whether I can justify track day tyres for the minimal amount of time they may be required, as you say.

On a side note, I notice you use Camskill for your tyres. They have always come out with the best prices for me every single time I've purchased tyres!

My exact reasoning.

They didn't spin in second today through full range of revs at 1.2 bar either so that'll do nicely, only done about 30 miles on them too (fairly kind miles) so once they're rid of that vile coating on them they should be pretty sweet.

On another note, fuel pump is much louder than stock!

My exact reasoning.

They didn't spin in second today through full range of revs at 1.2 bar either so that'll do nicely, only done about 30 miles on them too (fairly kind miles) so once they're rid of that vile coating on them they should be pretty sweet.

On another note, fuel pump is much louder than stock!

Dad was keen on them tyres :) Wonder what they will be like putting down 600bhp? :D

What fuel pump you got? Walbro 255?

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update:

I decided to fit my uprated smic after it had been sitting for a year and me being lazy!

Comparison:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368298946.619412.jpg

All brackets and ducting swapped over:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368299007.983741.jpg

Comparison of core thickness, as you can see the new one is lots thicker:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368299039.765253.jpg

And fitted (was very tight):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368299079.265905.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368299104.333136.jpg

Last weekend I took advantage of the weather and decided to clay polish and wax the car:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368299160.816079.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368299184.649425.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368299197.482606.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368299212.583423.jpg

For those that care I used:

Meguiars clay and quick detailer

Auto glym shampoo

Mega wash mit

Poorboys drying towel

Sonus applicators and microfibres

CLEARKOTE Red moose glaze

collinite 915s hard wax

Just bought the car back upto scratch after winter taking its toll on the paint :)

Intercooler seems to make the car spool quicker, and a touch torquier but might just be my mind imagining it lol

Thanks for looking :)

• 3 months later...

Small update:

Fitted some new front tyres:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854283.730617.jpg

Had a yearly alignment checkup (no pics sadly, all was ok just needed tweaking slightly (potholes I bet)

I refurbished my brakes:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854342.842285.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854400.625520.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854415.475576.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854429.526095.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854442.708997.jpg

A random photo from today's clean:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376854466.975761.jpg

I've ordered a new front lip, an MVP jobby without the ears which should be here Tuesday, still undecided whether to paint it red or not... Opinions?

Thanks for looking