The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 1999 TT6 VVTi Progress thread

spikedjack

Cheers dude, its lovely, a million times better than my last supra, an absolute pleasure to drive. Only changes i've made are modifications rather than fixes, which is the way things should be!

Just goes to show, pick a good importer, spend the cash and have the patience your 13+ year old car will rival that of most 6 month old cars on the road.

Had her up on a ramp today just to check everything was nice and tight after the suspension fitting again and it still looks brand new under there, top job on the undersealing.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yesterday the hid kit from Japan finally gave up the go :(

The flickering was driving me nuts so decided to fit a spare kit I had from my last supra (8000k).

And fitted:

Nice and rewarding knowing I'd saved a kit as a spare and they were needed!

Maybe they'll improve vision also as the kit that came with the car were terribly dull on dark roads :)

Just ordered some Do-Luck braided brake lines for her, will buy some decent fluid next when I get chance to grab some and start searching for some nice pads.

Any suggestions on pads? Daily driven, fast road use and mild track use when I get chance. Something like a ferrodo ds2500 would be great but I can't seem to find a listing?

CW Fast Road Pads are the forum choice mate...been alot of people who have asked this in the past. Poterfield also seem popular but I think they are more expensive. Personally I'm just sticking with OEM as they do the job and are a fraction of the cost. Good fluid and new braided lines - job done!

I don't rate my stock Toyota pads at all, fade rather quickly even on the road!

Really!? I still have the same pads in that the car came with from Japan...and they are great! Assumed they were just the OEM ones as the car was stock upon import, but I'll have to double check that then!? :confused:

Ahh...I did wonder re the mileage...mine was imported with 42k miles I think and is forever creeping up!:D

• 2 weeks later...