The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2012 - 7th July at Santa Pod Chat Thread

Branners

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had to take a fairly major decision on this, Sky Insurance have offered to buy a 30 drag tickets and a number of drift tickets from us and they will then either sell or give those out to carefully selected cars from within their portfolio of clubs. They will be asking those clubs to apply for tickets and they will choose the best and more importantly most appropriate cars for the event.

With the costs of Dragonball 2012 and JAE eating heavily in to the club funds I could not afford to lose over £3k on this event and I think this is a good compromise. Sky know what this event is about and wont be fielding any low power cars, they will be looking for the best from the clubs they have chosen.

This will also massively increase the media presence on the day and get us more publicity.

If any competitors who have signed up feel this isnt what they wanted then do please talk to me. The event is just over 4 weeks away and this was something that needed to be done.

We will review whether we can run this event next year as I know it is getting harder for people to justify the costs.

and in answer to the question about passenger rides, I believe they are free.

We pay for exclusive hire so we can do what we want, we can have a running race up the track if we want!! So I would say passenger rides are free unless I find out otherwise.

Blackett Photography will also be there on the day for anybody that wants to buy his shots. We can also arrange him to do staged shots during the lunch break if anybody wants those. Lined up on the start line etc.

I have had to take a fairly major decision on this, Sky Insurance have offered to buy a 30 drag tickets and a number of drift tickets from us and they will then either sell or give those out to carefully selected cars from within their portfolio of clubs. They will be asking those clubs to apply for tickets and they will choose the best and more importantly most appropriate cars for the event.

With the costs of Dragonball 2012 and JAE eating heavily in to the club funds I could not afford to lose over £3k on this event and I think this is a good compromise. Sky know what this event is about and wont be fielding any low power cars, they will be looking for the best from the clubs they have chosen.

This will also massively increase the media presence on the day and get us more publicity.

If any competitors who have signed up feel this isnt what they wanted then do please talk to me. The event is just over 4 weeks away and this was something that needed to be done.

We will review whether we can run this event next year as I know it is getting harder for people to justify the costs.

I think that this is a good idea to cover costs and to still keep control of the day with the majority of cars still being supras.

It will also allow for some friendly competition with others cars which will add to the excitement on the day..

TBH even though there is only a month left, there will still be quite a lot of people showing interest closer to the time providing it does not rain..

As stated above I think it is a worthwhile idea to balance the costs of it all, Is there no way that people can buy tickets just to drag a couple of times as I never wanted to buy a days ticket and waste the place where a better car could run more often and be a better spectacle over watching another NA do 2 or 3 runs spread over a day, It might help with the costs as I would imagine a few other people would happily pay £15-20 just top do a few quick (slow in my NA) runs.

I think its a good idea what you have done branners like said above it will encourage some friendly competition, i also like the thought of the above idea where you can just pay a lower amount for just 1 or 2 rund maybe, as like graham i only have an NA so would just like the experience of going down the strip, not interested in racing as i know its not fast, i think there would be alot more interest in this especially if you had the NA owners going up against the other NA's :)

I think its a good idea what you have done branners like said above it will encourage some friendly competition, i also like the thought of the above idea where you can just pay a lower amount for just 1 or 2 rund maybe, as like graham i only have an NA so would just like the experience of going down the strip, not interested in racing as i know its not fast, i think there would be alot more interest in this especially if you had the NA owners going up against the other NA's :)

I was also not wanting to ruin my clutch ect by dragging it's lazy backside up to santapod to blast it down a dragstrip, maybe to make it more viable it would be a good idea for all the people wanting to just do a couple of runs to make a list and that way Branners and the rest of the forum lords can decide if it is worth the hassle over the money it would raise.

shall we keep this in here to keep it up to date?

Member Drag Racing

JamieP

Justin Bieber

tt paul

Tony tt

Marco79

monkpower

cullcfc

jimmenico

Mooret

neil

Shane

Ob1dude

markssupra

Member Drift Circuit

Probox

JamieP

Member Entry

Lee S

tt paul

Jimmy James

Davis6110

Mugello

Joiner91

clay

chris blackwell

a98pmalcom

Neil1985

Graham1984

Monsween

AilsaMX5

Karolina

Drift_bear

Clarkie

Non Member Drag Racing

Non Member Drift Circuit

Non Member Entry

Justin Bieber

tt paul

Jimmy james

Marco79

chris blackwell

cullcfc

a98pmalcolm

Shane

Ob1dude

Monsween

AilsaMX5

Scott Forbes +1

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

shall we keep this in here to keep it up to date?

Member Drag Racing

JamieP

Justin Bieber

tt paul

Tony tt

Marco79

monkpower

cullcfc

jimmenico

Mooret

neil

Shane

Ob1dude

markssupra

Member Drift Circuit

Probox

JamieP

Member Entry

Lee S

tt paul

Jimmy James

Davis6110

Mugello

Joiner91

clay

chris blackwell

a98pmalcom

Neil1985

Graham1984

Monsween

AilsaMX5

Karolina

Drift_bear

Clarkie

Non Member Drag Racing

Non Member Drift Circuit

Non Member Entry

Justin Bieber

tt paul

Jimmy james

Marco79

chris blackwell

cullcfc

a98pmalcolm

Shane

Ob1dude

Monsween

AilsaMX5

Scott Forbes +1

IM FAMOUS !!!!!!! :p

As stated above I think it is a worthwhile idea to balance the costs of it all, Is there no way that people can buy tickets just to drag a couple of times as I never wanted to buy a days ticket and waste the place where a better car could run more often and be a better spectacle over watching another NA do 2 or 3 runs spread over a day, It might help with the costs as I would imagine a few other people would happily pay £15-20 just top do a few quick (slow in my NA) runs.

Its not wasting a place though, £50 is going back into the club account, and people in 'better' cars should be able to afford it already, so just man up and sign up :) its such a laugh mate

Thanks John.

From our perspective on this, we like SupraPod, we like the Mkiv Supra Owners club so we are happy to support this event and the club. We do not want to take anything away from what is YOUR event and we were concerned about this from the outset.

We are trying to find the best cars we can to fill the allocated Drag and Drift spaces we have been offered. Invites will be sent to a selection of our affiliated car clubs, we will invite applications and then offer our ticket allocation to those who are successful. We have affiliations with everything from our traditional Jap clubs to VW/Audi, Ford and Vauxhall clubs, this should mean we see a diverse selection of cars on the day. We will not charge for these tickets. I have been in contact with a couple of Mkiv Supra Club members who are customers of ours and we have offered tickets to these members.

We have a blog page here which you are welcome to visit.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2012/05/suprapod2012/

If you have any questions about our involvement please feel free to ask me or Branners.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance