The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A better way to introduce myself?!

Guest Lauren

Erm, not fronting if its not your main vehicle, If you read my post correctly it states the runaround, which I assume she will be using for work commutes is the main car. The supra is the 2nd vehicle which she can drive at her leisure. Probably weekends. If i drive my dads car occasionally of which I'm a named driver does that mean I'm uninsured. Of course not. The advise is sound. I would be more worried about declaring any current/future modifications. As this is the area you will be caught up on if you need to claim.

IT IS fronting as she will be the main driver but down as only a named driver it makes no difference whether it is her second, third or fourth car. The part about you driving your dads car is completely different as you quite rightly put it you use it occasionally so being a named driver is fine. If however you were down as the main driver and it was your dad doing the majority of the driving then it would be fronting again. I think you need to read up a bit before you go giving out advice you are not clued up on.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT IS fronting as she will be the main driver but down as only a named driver it makes no difference whether it is her second, third or fourth car. The part about you driving your dads car is completely different as you quite rightly put it you use it occasionally so being a named driver is fine. If however you were down as the main driver and it was your dad doing the majority of the driving then it would be fronting again. I think you need to read up a bit before you go giving out advice you are not clued up on.

^^^^ this^^^^

It is fronting if she is the main (even if only weekends) driver but only a named driver on the policy, hence the mother reference in my post.

^^^^ this^^^^

It is fronting if she is the main (even if only weekends) driver but only a named driver on the policy, hence the mother reference in my post.

Ok then how can insurers prove this? By checking V5 ownership? What happens when two people share a car equally but one is main and the other is named driver? I think on policies where usage is split between main and named drivers then are the named drivers - driving uninsured unless they can prove they aren't the main driver?

This is a massive grey area and in my mind another insurance loophole to not pay out on a claim.

Ok then how can insurers prove this? By checking V5 ownership? What happens when two people share a car equally but one is main and the other is named driver? I think on policies where usage is split between main and named drivers then are the named drivers - driving uninsured unless they can prove they aren't the main driver?

This is a massive grey area and in my mind another insurance loophole to not pay out on a claim.

Exactly so why give a reason to not pay out ? If you insure it properly then they will have nothing to come back on, but they don't take kindly at any attempt to lower premiums by lying.

My dad brought a Supra tt for me and him to work on (father and son time). He said eventually when im older he's going to pass it down to me. But i am a massive fan off the supra and alot of other jap cars.
:what:

That relates to this thread how?

Lauren asked me am I getting a supra or am I just a fan.

Just relised i didnt "Reply with quote" to Laurens question. Thats why your confussed Abz. (It wouldnt be the first time) ;)

That would explain it, use the quotes next time ;)

Lauren asked me am I getting a supra or am I just a fan.

Just relised i didnt "Reply with quote" to Laurens question. Thats why your confussed Abz. (It wouldnt be the first time) ;)

I think it's the first time anyone's been confussed! But maybe he has been confused many times before! Like when he tried to launch his civic at santa pod and the rest is history :D

I think it's the first time anyone's been confussed! But maybe he has been confused many times before! Like when he tried to launch his civic at santa pod and the rest is history :D

I agree, maybe it is the first time in my life I have been confussed, that could explain the launch!! :D

All this confussing is making me very confused.

Just to note Lauren this is highly illegal and is known as fronting which is insurance fraud. So if your willing to drive around uninsured in the supra then by all means do it at your own risk but if your insurance company ever find out no one will ever insure you again and if you do get insured it will be wildy expensive, 2000 will be pocket change.

Nice to know other members are giving out good advice ..... :blink:

This is absolutely correct. Terrible and extremely dangerous advice.

Guest Lauren

Cheers guys, well I'm a step closer to getting one. Got my Swift up for sale (just gathering interest at the mo, not in any rush to sell - I don't want to get rid really!) so if anyone knows anyone who would be interested then let me know!

Going to buy myself something small to get around in whilst I get some money together, then I'll keep the small car I buy as my daily for when I have the Supra! All planned out.. now roll on October time!

Guest Lauren
Have you got it up on Pistonheads or anything like that? Links would help.

It is a stunner so i would imagine it wouldnt hang around

Thanks bud, I am looking to sell standard if I'm honest - as I'll get more money back this way, what with selling all the parts separately. But if the buyer is interested in the car as it stands I will be happy to sell as it is for an extra price of course. I don't have it up on pistonheads as I was going to start putting back to standard before I did so, but I do have it up on a few forums, heres a link (for more pics, info etc):

http://cleaned-uk.forummotion.com/t5057-gi-swift-sport

Let me know if that takes you to the for sale/gathering interest ad all okay! :)