The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A better way to introduce myself?!

Guest Lauren

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the pm pictures of members doing naked star jumps come sailing into your inbox while asking for a "similar" return photo you will be so glad you signed up here.

Graham you crack me up mate :D

And bump for the pics.............. Ben SZ-R wont hang around for ever you know.

Just for the record Lauren I look like a mix of Fred flintstone and Barney rubble after being peed on......... pm me if you are interested.

Picture proof ;) I love this forum! Banter is abundant and yes to the nines it's a hard thing to get used to but I wouldn't have it any other way :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Lauren

Lol ..you lot are crazy!

Not been on here for a while... but I have a little bit of news.

If everything goes to plan, I should be the owner of a Supra in October. Waiting for my insurance to run out on the Swift (Oct) then going to get myself a Supra. Sounds a bit crazy really, as I will only be 19, but I should be okay. Checked out insurance etc already and thats affordable. I should have around 8k to spend on a car so, hopefully I will get a nice one with that. Will be looking for a manual TT as standard as possible! ...and yes I have thought about running costs, costs of maintenance, tyres etc etc :)

We'll see though guys, hopefully everything goes to plan...

Guest Lauren

Thanks Stevie! Yeah they are gorgeous as standard! I would definitely mod it but I would always keep all the standard parts for if I ever sold up. Don't think I will do any engine mods as it will be quick enough for me (just exhaust and probably an induction kit?), I'll go mainly looks.. but I think I will go subtle! Nice set of Rays wheels would suit nicely I think :innocent:

My advice would be to keep the stock air box (and keep the stock filter too, but I'm a fan of OEM parts). There are many induction kits out there that don't have a decent cold air feed, so they sujust have the filter exposed, meaning they draw in warm air from the engine bay which results in a loss of power.

Thanks Stevie! Yeah they are gorgeous as standard! I would definitely mod it but I would always keep all the standard parts for if I ever sold up. Don't think I will do any engine mods as it will be quick enough for me (just exhaust and probably an induction kit?), I'll go mainly looks.. but I think I will go subtle! Nice set of Rays wheels would suit nicely I think :innocent:

£10 says it's BPU within a year :D

Good luck in getting one, and good choice on a TT6 :)

It may take a little while to find one at 8k Lauren, but they do come up everynow and again so you'll have to be patient. If you can add enough £1k to that and have a budget of £9k then you will be in a much better position to haggle them down to around that sort of price :)

Guest Lauren
My advice would be to keep the stock air box (and keep the stock filter too, but I'm a fan of OEM parts). There are many induction kits out there that don't have a decent cold air feed, so they sujust have the filter exposed, meaning they draw in warm air from the engine bay which results in a loss of power.

Thanks for the advice! :) I did read somewhere that the standard air box is okay for about 400bhp? I think thats what it said anyway.. but I know I'll end up wanting to make the engine bay look pretty....

£10 says it's BPU within a year :D

Good luck in getting one, and good choice on a TT6 :)

Haha yeah! You can never be sure with me.. If I'm honest I can almost guarantee I will throw thousands into one just making it crazy. But I'm going to try to keep it subtle... to begin with anyway ;)

It may take a little while to find one at 8k Lauren, but they do come up everynow and again so you'll have to be patient. If you can add enough £1k to that and have a budget of £9k then you will be in a much better position to haggle them down to around that sort of price :)

Thanks for the advice Dan! I did have a look about and there is such a huge price difference between the manuals to the autos! I've got 6 months to save, will also have the money from the sale of my current car so hopefully if I go careful I should be able to get together a nice sum! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Wealth of knowledge on here, plenty nice cars available at *most* times in the classified section. :)

I agree with retaining the stock airbox - works to a fantastic standard. I wouldn't bother changing from it (I did before and have since reverted back as I have better performance with it) :)

Guest Lauren
Welcome to the forum!

Wealth of knowledge on here, plenty nice cars available at *most* times in the classified section. :)

I agree with retaining the stock airbox - works to a fantastic standard. I wouldn't bother changing from it (I did before and have since reverted back as I have better performance with it) :)

Thanks bud!

Yeah lots of great info & help on here, so thanks guys!

I have asked this question to someone who owns a Supra already, but just for more views & opinions - I will be using the car as a daily.. I do 150 miles a week to work, then head up to Bedfordshire a few weekends per month which is around 60 miles each way. So the car will be doing a fair few miles monthly. Are Supra's okay for using as a daily? Will I come across any problems?

Many thanks!

Thanks bud!

Yeah lots of great info & help on here, so thanks guys!

I have asked this question to someone who owns a Supra already, but just for more views & opinions - I will be using the car as a daily.. I do 150 miles a week to work, then head up to Bedfordshire a few weekends per month which is around 60 miles each way. So the car will be doing a fair few miles monthly. Are Supra's okay for using as a daily? Will I come across any problems?

Many thanks!

Hi Lauren

That depends on your income a TT can be a thirsty beast to use as a daily in my opinion. There should be no problems using the car everyday at all they generaly dont have issues i use mine quite a lot and it never skips a beat. Driving within the speed limit and using it sensibly it should return ok mpg if your using it as a daily i would recommend a shell points card haha.

Guest Lauren
Hi Lauren

That depends on your income a TT can be a thirsty beast to use as a daily in my opinion. There should be no problems using the car everyday at all they generaly dont have issues i use mine quite a lot and it never skips a beat. Driving within the speed limit and using it sensibly it should return ok mpg if your using it as a daily i would recommend a shell points card haha.

Yeah I'm expecting fairly low MPG! I get about 35 in the Swift so expecting a huge jump on fuel costs for the Supra! Shell points card - sounds like a plan! Haha! My other option is to get a cheap run around (something just embarrassing to commute in!) but then of course you have the cost of the car, insurance and all the rest of it on top of what the Supra costs me. Especially as I will be only 19 - the insurance for me in a Supra is affordable, but it's not cheap enough to smile about as such! We shall see though..

Thanks for all the help & kindness by the way guys - really appreciated!

Yeah I'm expecting fairly low MPG! I get about 35 in the Swift so expecting a huge jump on fuel costs for the Supra! Shell points card - sounds like a plan! Haha! My other option is to get a cheap run around (something just embarrassing to commute in!) but then of course you have the cost of the car, insurance and all the rest of it on top of what the Supra costs me. Especially as I will be only 19 - the insurance for me in a Supra is affordable, but it's not cheap enough to smile about as such! We shall see though..

Thanks for all the help & kindness by the way guys - really appreciated!

At least you know what your up against as far as running costs go. Good luck with it.

Welcome to the club Lauren. :)

Plenty of people use them as a daily driver (think a thread was up recently about this, with a poll).

Fuel cost is the main thing as a daily driver. Roughly guessing, I'd say £200 a month on work commute & then roughly £35 each time you visit Bedfordshire.

Guest Lauren

Thanks again guys! Yeah I will definitely come visit the Supra stand at Japfest and come say hello to you all! Going to be bringing the camera along too as I've previously mentioned so I will get lots of pics for you lot! :)

Thanks Abz, I'll have to try trace down that thread and have a little look - will be interesting to see :) Those rough fuel costs don't sound too scary.. I think I should be okay but I guess only time will tell!

I'm really excited to think I should be the proud owner of a Supra in Oct - crazy! I originally wanted to go 'showcar' spec with the Swift.. I had many plans for it, some of which included either going Turbo or Supercharger + bodywork etc but after having a good think & a little research the money I would be throwing into the Swift I could get myself a genuinely nice Supra! So.. it all makes sense in my head :)