The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see what Lee can do with the active spoiler :) Hope it works out as it will truly be a one off car, even more so than it is now!

With the UK rear brakes have you still got the 10mm spacer on there?

Yeah hopefully it will work out. :) The 10mm spacer is still there but is only there for the wheels to fill the flared arches.

Yeah hopefully it will work out. :) The 10mm spacer is still there but is only there for the wheels to fill the flared arches.

Ahh I keep forgetting about your flared arches! Would you say there's enough space if they weren't there?

Looks like Mr P will be raising the bar again :)

Ahh I keep forgetting about your flared arches! Would you say there's enough space if they weren't there?

Looks like Mr P will be raising the bar again :)

Yeah just measured it and their is at least 20-30mm clearance from the brakes, also checked the inside of the wheel and there looks to be about 20mm clearance before the wheel would foul the strut so absolutely no spacers are required for my set up with 356mm 8pot K-Sport front brakes and UK rear brakes on stock body. :)

Yeah just measured it and their is at least 20-30mm clearance from the brakes, also checked the inside of the wheel and there looks to be about 20mm clearance before the wheel would foul the strut so absolutely no spacers are required for my set up with 356mm 8pot K-Sport front brakes and UK rear brakes on stock body. :)

That's definitely a good thing to know! :)

Okay, so since the rear brakes have been done I was looking at the K-Sport fronts and noticed the black anodising was fading and looking a little tired in parts so I've decided to give these some paint, the only issue was the K-Sport decals were engraved.

So carrying on with the stock aggressive look, I've decided to fill in the K-Sport decals, Paint them and add the stock Supra decals like the rears. It will now look like the Supra came with 356mm 8pot front brakes. :)

The engraving was filled by building up the calliper paint over the decals as it wasn't deep, they were then sanded and painted. The paint needs to cure over night and I'll fit the Supra decals tomorrow. Sorry the pics are a bit dark, I will try and get some better ones with the decals on tomorrow.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180961&d=1392840944

attachment.php?attachmentid=180962&d=1392840944

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

That'll be much better with just the Supra decal on the K-Sport. :)

I am itching for a BBK for mine. Good to know that they fit under :D

What a great idea :cool: Once that active spoiler is on, I can't think of even one thing I'd change on this car, it's perfect.

The only thing for me would be a 'non-bulged' bonnet. Though I know and understand why it would stay on Steve's, given the reason it was put there in the first place :)

Edited by James (see edit history)

What a great idea :cool: Once that active spoiler is on, I can't think of even one thing I'd change on this car, it's perfect.

Cheers. I can... the tyres, regularly. :D

That'll be much better with just the Supra decal on the K-Sport. :)

I am itching for a BBK for mine. Good to know that they fit under :D

The only thing for me would be a 'non-bulged' bonnet. Though I know and understand why it would stay on Steve's, given the reason it was put there in the first place :)

Don't dis my bulge, It's unique. :)

Got the decals on this morning and I think they look great, nice and subtle. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=181021&d=1392894994

attachment.php?attachmentid=181022&d=1392894994

attachment.php?attachmentid=181023&d=1392894994

attachment.php?attachmentid=181024&d=1392894994

They said to use heat from a hair drier to help the adhesion but as some of you will know I'm lacking slightly in the hair department and don't own one so I had to improvise. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=181025&d=1392894994

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg