The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had a knock on the door from the police about my car...

Guigsy

think you would have got away with it if it was just the one car on the pavement but from the pic there is a astra or somthing parked up on the pavment to so guessing that caused a bit of a problem. I have a constant problem with a woman that lives across the road from me. There are 3 cars in my house hold and only enough room for 2 on the drive. its a quite cul de sack but the road is a bit narrow so i used to park half on the pavment and half off as did the fella that lives next door to this said lady. There is plenty of room to get past on the pavment and nobody is botherd about it as they can see that me and the other fella are just trying to keep the road free. beside everyone walks down the road anyway not the pavment. anyways she complained to the police about it but only about my car not her next door neibour even though they had a word with him about it anyway. They said its not a problem as there is room on the pavemnt and they could that we are just trying to keep a good gap on the road. anyway her next door neibour now parks his car up the top of the road out of the cul de sac as its only his small works van and i park complelty of the pavment the problem is now that she has trouble getting on and of her drive. she has to go forward then back then forward again so of cause she complained to the police about that but there is nothing they can do as i am legaly parked as they told me with a grin on there face:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point Jazz, think in that case we should remove the lamps, post boxes, fences & gates too!

But Abz, just imagine a blind kid, on a unicycle, holding a javelin and playing the mouth organ..!!

Nothing to do with the thread but a funny image none the less.

H.

I can agree with both sides but if was only their for a day she could of popped over a asked herself rather than wasting police funds.

But maybe the issue is that people are worried these days about confronting others.

Fears of reprisals etc.

Seems a bit narrow minded to me. Maybe the original complaint was made against the neighbours and they just happened to see your car like that by coincidence?

Pavement is a big thing these days dude. I took the bins out on the pavement one day earlier by mistake over the holidays and got warned to take them back as "someone might trip over them while pushing the buggy/pram"...

A bit surprised the police were involved though, normally its the PSCOs that comes knocking. I knew a mate who got complaints because he had too many cars on his drive and someone reported him from trading from home (his area doesn't allow such things).

But Abz, just imagine a blind kid, on a unicycle, holding a javelin and playing the mouth organ..!!

H.

OMG! I was going to say that it was petty to be collared in the context of where the car was parked but you're absolutely right H.

I don't know why but I never thought of that.

Good call! :D

Ironically the house next door have a transit tipper and 3 other cars. that they cant park on the driveway without parking slightly on the curb (you can see one in the pics). So they have had to move them down the street and park on the road oposite where the woman lives. which has made me lol. perfectly legal to park there. road is wide enough and there are no parking restrictions. so now instead of someones hedge she is looking at a mucky tarmac transit towing a generator and another car :p

Instant carma.

Not the same thing but I live in a quiet village and I used to own a hilux surf. I parked it where I always parked it and the sticky bits on my tax disc holder obviously gave up over night and it fell into my footwell. However this was unbeknown to me and in the morning I have two police women standing on my door step saying someone had reported the car for not having tax! I said surely a quick check on there police database would have shown that its got tax and MOT instead of them wasting there time coming to my house but no! They asked me to get the tax disc from the footwell and display it there and then! They could have called me and 2 mins later all could have been sorted instead of driving to my house and taking to of them 30 mins to do it pathetic!

But the parking is pretty poor mate :D

Not the same thing either but in '97 I spent 2 weeks on my own in Tunisia - it was great! I went with the intention of playing a lot of golf and dragged my clubs over there only to play once in the entire fortnight. Oh the irony. I did meet a really nice Italian girl who couldn't speak a word of English and I couldn't speak a word of Italian but over the course of a fortnight she taught me the word 'rose', which was nice. I spoke to her in the international language or luuurve and ruined her so bad! Got a good tan too.

not the same thing either but in '97 i spent 2 weeks on my own in tunisia - it was great! I went with the intention of playing a lot of golf and dragged my clubs over there only to play once in the entire fortnight. Oh the irony. I did meet a really nice italian girl who couldn't speak a word of english and i couldn't speak a word of italian but over the course of a fortnight she taught me the word 'rose', which was nice. I spoke to her in the international language or luuurve and ruined her so bad! Got a good tan too.

:D