The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guess the rwhp on this set up!?

Westy

This is actually physically painful.

:thumbs:

I was genuinely interested in this debate until I got to post 26 :D

Hybrid turbos?

That was my initial thought as well, but I figured since nobody else had mentioned it I'd probably be laughed at :p

Appreciate your input Jessica, and it's a stunning car you have there.

Love this picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=142438&d=1322772681

101870-2413883.jpg

Edited by RCK10 (see edit history)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to have to save up my pennies, get a Syvecs S6, bigger injectors, HKS 264s, hybrid UK turbos, different wheels with good tyres and have a go at this some day when transitioning to single from BPU. Just to see what it does. :D

Having the W58 5 speed will make it interesting too. ;) (and when it blows, it'll give me an excuse to go V160!).

Welcome to the forum Jessica!

Just to add a little more to the mix, Mark Newmans car made over 700 hp and its highest terminal with both me and mark driving is I think 126 mph and its been at SRR and TDI and AFR.

Sweet how you two try an get me going ;)

Must be something wrong with marks car, i was doing them terminals with 630bhp.

you may have done the same terminal with 630 but in all the times dude drove it it never ran a 12!!! Unlike some at suprapod !!!!

Terminals dont win races et's do !!!! LOL

Its getting bitchy now :D

You keep cracking on in various threads about my starts and ET's but you are yet to beat my times, i dont get it tbh, it should all be a bit of fun.

Would have loved a 9 this year but i failed, I live in hope though.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Wow what a thread! My ears were burning when reading it lol.

Nice car Jessica and congrats on the time! :) assume you were on slicks given manual / 60ft / ET?

Some corrections / clarifications on my runs / car, in no particular order:

1. Car full weight RZ-S with the leather seats / electric drivers seat.

2. Power never successfully measured as always wanted to jump out of dynos. Ryan reckoned it was because I ran no TRAC ECU. Who knows. I always quoted 390bhp fly as that's what I saw similar spec cars run at Dastek in Scotland. We never mapped it on the dyno Jamie or for race fuel on the road that day we were at SRR - I was going for the record the next day at Supra Pod so had met with Ryan as had asked him to check over my (aggressive) mapping and see if we could try out TTC mode/ map for it but that wasn't to be as it just boost spiked badly as soon as it was plumbed that way so just reverted back - this was on the road near SRR and on Esso super unleaded. Gave a Bike a run for his money on one pull, got the thumbs up :D

3. Terminals at Supra Pod were between 114mph and 116mph that day. I had been arsing about with my mapping though between runs.

4. I ran against Jamie twice IIRC.

5. Previous 11.9 second runs at both Crail Raceway and Elvington Airfield had seen terminals of 121mph and I think one terminal of 122mph. The 60fts were worse at those venues given the crap surfaces, 1.9 ish - I remember discussing the lower 60fts at Pod with Ryan and him saying that was common and offered an extra explanation that terminals are typically higher with a crapper launch. Never quite understood it myself but there is science behind it.

6. No boost controller, 1.1bar boost (what it naturally ran at the strip with advanced timing, would have run 1.2 if I could but advancing timing has the side effect of lowering boost). Stock Jap Ceramic Turbos.

7. Best run was on street legal Drag Radials (NOT wrinkle walled efforts, I could have launched even harder on a set of those but didn't view it as within the rules for street legal racing as per TOTB rules and I view comparisons with cars on such tyres as unfair) on stock 17's and with 109 octane unleaded race fuel in the tank, timing advanced myself at the strip with me wearing det cans on some runs to determine what I could get away with.

8. No NOS. Never came near my car. Ever. Though I remember Gaz having a good look under the bonnet for evidence of that or HKS Twins at Supra Pod :D

9. Standard engine - cams, cam gears, turbos, fuel system all Jap standard parts.

In general, power figures are always speculative. No point reading much into them though I too view the more pessimistic readings more favourably as being more realistic. It's human nature to quote figures that look best and often that means fantasy land IMO. Dynos are a nice comparison tool for the same car with different mods to view progress, and a reasonable tool for comparison of different cars on the same dyno.

Cheers,

Brian.