Guess the rwhp on this set up!?

Westy

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are so many dynos in different conditions and the dynos can give you different results. People often talks about horsepower.

Me and my little stocktwin supra has won over 750hp singleturbos. The horsepower means nothing if you can´t handle it.. Bring it to the racetrack and show what you got.

My car has regular euro turbos, Aem v2, other camshafts/camgears.

I have never installed a nitro system and I run my car on Shell Vpower 99 octane.

With this combo we have managed to run a 11.38/122.5 at the racetrack.

The dyno has given us EXACT numbers of 486rwhp. I´m sorry, i should have written APPROXIMATELY 500RWHP!

I´m a blonde girl you know so please forgive me! ;)

But still...there isn't an exact formula since too many variables can affect the drivetrain loss, but a general rule of thumb is to subtract ~10-20% from flywheel HP to get an approximate RWHP. Again, it's different from car to car, it's a rough estimate.

So I say it again...the track shows if you have a fast car...of course you need to be able to drive good to! ;)

My point is that he doesn't have 400WHP, it's 400FWHP. I doubt he would have been full fat though, probably 1500 or so.

ive just looked at the twins drag times, theres only 1 at 120 mph and boost was 1.6 bar ! hybrid twins could far exceed 430 fwhp. i had twin gt2860s on my skyline and that made 500 whp at 1.4 bar terminalled 123 mph at pod.

My terminals won't change much unless I up the boost, on a clean run with no miss shifts they are constantly about 150mph, best being 152mph. When I have run lower terminals at the likes of fast5 I was on less boost and different timing.

Is there anyone with similar power/spec to yourself Jamie? What sort of terminals and times do they run? Is it similar? When comparing, are you taking the 1132bhp as closest to flywheel or WHP?

There are so many dynos in different conditions and the dynos can give you different results. People often talks about horsepower.

Me and my little stocktwin supra has won over 750hp singleturbos. The horsepower means nothing if you can´t handle it.. Bring it to the racetrack and show what you got.

I have never installed a nitro system and I run my car on Shell Vpower 99 octane.

The dyno has given us EXACT numbers of 486rwhp. I´m sorry, i should have written APPROXIMATELY 500RWHP!

But still...there isn't an exact formula since too many variables can affect the drivetrain loss, but a general rule of thumb is to subtract ~10-20% from flywheel HP to get an approximate RWHP. Again, it's different from car to car, it's a rough estimate.

So I say it again...the track shows if you have a fast car...of course you need to be able to drive good to! ;)

awesome times the black stuff doesnt lie ;)

ive just looked at the twins drag times, theres only 1 at 120 mph and boost was 1.6 bar ! hybrid twins could far exceed 430 fwhp. i had twin gt2860s on my skyline and that made 500 whp at 1.4 bar terminalled 123 mph at pod.

The max seen on hybrid twins was 500fwhp, as mentioned earlier ;)

You don't need to look at the fastest though, look at the ones with stock twins rather than hybrids. Same on the US boards, check out their times and terminals on stock twins. In fact, check out this car we are discussing at the moment. I don't doubt the time or terminal for a minute. My point is that it would be closer to 500fwhp than it would to 500rwhp if it ran on a dyno here.

The argument against me is that you guys use RWHP to Terminal figures from the US rather than the UK and I personally don't think the US figures are anywhere near the UK figures.

The max seen on hybrid twins was 500fwhp, as mentioned earlier ;)

You don't need to look at the fastest though, look at the ones with stock twins rather than hybrids. Same on the US boards, check out their times and terminals on stock twins. In fact, check out this car we are discussing at the moment. I don't doubt the time or terminal for a minute. My point is that it would be closer to 500fwhp than it would to 500rwhp if it ran on a dyno here.

The argument against me is that you guys use RWHP to Terminal figures from the US rather than the UK and I personally don't think the US figures are anywhere near the UK figures.

if you want true measure of exact power the only way is rolling start racing imo, like the mlr 30 - 130 mph event, the only vaiable then is 1 or 2 shifts.

Sorry for keeping going round and round on this, it's a discussion that comes up all the time and always goes off on one.... usually with me right in the middle lol.

Being a blond girly has nothing to do with it, you clearly know your cars and can drive very well. I don't for one minute doubt your time or your terminal, it's a fantastic run that you have put down and I'm not surprised you have blown far more powerful cars out of the water, the car is clearly setup VERY well.

Over here there has been a little bit of debate over the TDI hub dyno that the high power cars use for tuning (As they can't get clean runs on the rollers). It's now being suggested by members that when the figure is given from it as RHHP, sometimes taken as RWHP, it's actually closer to FWHP.

In this instance I would be more likely to suggest that on the SRR dyno over here your car would make around 480FWHP. That's not to say it didn't make 486RWHP where you have it measured, simply that I don't think it would be that on certain UK dynos.

If my theory is correct then you are still making a fair whack more power than the guy that holds the UK record is. This would account for the faster terminal and the better time.

:)

if you want true measure of exact power the only way is rolling start racing imo, like the mlr 30 - 130 mph event, the only vaiable then is 1 or 2 shifts.

That's spot on. The same goes for 1/4 mile etc as well IMO. My point is that you can't ACTUALLY say it has xxxBHP because it does xxx terminal, as the BHP isn't universal across all dynos. If it was then it would be a highly accurate way of determining true power.

One small example. Say your car has exactly 900WHP on the TDI Hub dyno and you take it for a 1/4 mile drag at Santa Pod. It puts down exactly what the sheet says you should do for your power and weight.... you are one happy camper. Say you then take it to SRR and get it measured and on that dyno it measures exactly 900FWHP. Does that mean you are punching above your weight for the power of your car? (Mega happy camper). Or does it actually mean that one of the figures is either low or inflated?

You can take your car to 10 different dynos in the UK and get 10 completely different figures, some wildly so. The exact same can be said about going over the pond. I'm not for one second saying that US dynos are wrong, and UK dynos are right. I'm mearly stating that they aren't comparible and the XXXBHP = XXXTerminal is only relevant when the same dyno is used or is measuring at the same levels.

Did you just ask for the hell of it then? Why ask a question you know the answer to?

I asked if it has Uk spec turbo's or Jap Spec, i didnt ask whether or not Uk Spec, Euro Spec and US spec turbo's are the same thing. I knew that much already, its just easier to call them all UK spec as i live in the UK.

Forget the USA completely.

I was and am talking about figures here.

My car at 476whp (550 ATF) trapped 120-122 consistently.

Out the cars hitting OVER 120 from the register how many would be at 350 whp (400 fly)?

I ask that as you are suggesting that to achieve a 120+ terminal 350whp on a 1450kg car is sufficient.

Bear in mind I have said Over 120 as 2mph can be a difference of a good few HP on the drag strip.

Forget the USA completely.

I was and am talking about figures here.

My car at 476whp (550 ATF) trapped 120-122 consistently.

Out the cars hitting OVER 120 from the register how many would be at 350 whp (400 fly)?

I ask that as you are suggesting that to achieve a 120+ terminal 350whp on a 1450kg car is sufficient.

Bear in mind I have said Over 120 as 2mph can be a difference of a good few HP on the drag strip.

You can't forget the US figures, that's my entire point. I'm really finding it difficult to explain this any simpler.

If your car made 476whp, where did it make this power? Was it on a US dyno? Was it on a UK dyno? Which one? Making 476WHP on a-n-other dyno means nothing. On one dyno you might make 400RWHP, on the one you went to it just so happened to be 476WHP. Was it on a mustang dyno? I hear they are often referred to as the heartbreakers in the US? Can you not understand that even though BHP is a calculation it still isn't universal across dynos?

If it was in the UK and it was on SRR then it will be comparible with other cars that have ran on SRR and the figures can then be compared.

My guess is that any cars that have ran 120 terminals would see around 450RWHP on the same dyno that you seen 476 on. My point is that those same cars would only see 450fwhp at SRR.

No it wouldn't.

A standing mile test would be the best test of power.

Acceleration put simply will be down to gearing and torque.

Power delivery/gearing/traction will all play a huge part in an event where your acceleration between two fixed speed points is being timed

If on the other hand speed is being measured in a defined distance, the power will make the difference.

I asked if it has Uk spec turbo's or Jap Spec, i didnt ask whether or not Uk Spec, Euro Spec and US spec turbo's are the same thing. I knew that much already, its just easier to call them all UK spec as i live in the UK.

First post bud, 2nd paragraph first 3 words ;)

dude,

Sometimes I think you dont even read what someone writes and just argue! Lol :)

I said 6 pages ago I dyno'd on SRR at 476.7 whp on a dyno dynamics.

Jessica's figures are spot on and the terminal proves it.

Just because we haven't had a car do that yet doesn't mean it can't happen

You can't forget the US figures, that's my entire point. I'm really finding it difficult to explain this any simpler.

If your car made 476whp, where did it make this power? Was it on a US dyno? Was it on a UK dyno? Which one? Making 476WHP on a-n-other dyno means nothing. On one dyno you might make 400RWHP, on the one you went to it just so happened to be 476WHP. Was it on a mustang dyno? I hear they are often referred to as the heartbreakers in the US? Can you not understand that even though BHP is a calculation it still isn't universal across dynos?

If it was in the UK and it was on SRR then it will be comparible with other cars that have ran on SRR and the figures can then be compared.

My guess is that any cars that have ran 120 terminals would see around 450RWHP on the same dyno that you seen 476 on. My point is that those same cars would only see 450fwhp at SRR.

Sorry for keeping going round and round on this, it's a discussion that comes up all the time and always goes off on one.... usually with me right in the middle lol.

Being a blond girly has nothing to do with it, you clearly know your cars and can drive very well. I don't for one minute doubt your time or your terminal, it's a fantastic run that you have put down and I'm not surprised you have blown far more powerful cars out of the water, the car is clearly setup VERY well.

Over here there has been a little bit of debate over the TDI hub dyno that the high power cars use for tuning (As they can't get clean runs on the rollers). It's now being suggested by members that when the figure is given from it as RHHP, sometimes taken as RWHP, it's actually closer to FWHP.

In this instance I would be more likely to suggest that on the SRR dyno over here your car would make around 480FWHP. That's not to say it didn't make 486RWHP where you have it measured, simply that I don't think it would be that on certain UK dynos.

If my theory is correct then you are still making a fair whack more power than the guy that holds the UK record is. This would account for the faster terminal and the better time.

:)

And I couln´t agree more! In my way... ;)

There are different kinds of dynos and a piece of paper that says what hp you have can be worthless.

So my rwhp or fwhp don´t mean shit...sorry! ;)

I hope therefore my results at the racetrack can speak for itself. :)

Edited by Jessica (see edit history)

dude,

Sometimes I think you dont even read what someone writes and just argue! Lol :)

I said 6 pages ago I dyno'd on SRR at 476.7 whp on a dyno dynamics.

Jessica's figures are spot on and the terminal proves it.

Just because we haven't had a car do that yet doesn't mean it can't happen

And around we go, yet again. What about the 350rwhp BPU cars here making 120 terminals?