The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guess the rwhp on this set up!?

Westy

Hub, its a rototest

126 mph is fairly slow mph then id of thought tbh unless thats a bad run, i made 757 hub at tdi and with a 2.5 60ft i did 134 mph at 11.9 spinning most of the way to the 1/8 on cold tyres. that was saturday night special in october it was scorching hot 31d i think it was inlet temps were through the roof after cueing for an hour.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

126 mph is fairly slow mph then id of thought tbh unless thats a bad run, i made 757 hub at tdi and with a 2.5 60ft i did 134 mph at 11.9 spinning most of the way to the 1/8 on cold tyres. that was saturday night special in october it was scorching hot 31d i think it was inlet temps were through the roof after cueing for an hour.

Thats over maybe 100 runs !!! I think its fastest et is 11.1 or 2 but there again my 60 fts were 1.5 sec

What size wheels did you run.

305/40/18 no launch at all just clutch slip, mega hot day was spinning til top of third and had voltage issues im yet to resolve, ive done 11.6 at 136 mph unnofficially on my gtech which is accurate anyways according to pod tests ive done, id guess a perfect run would yield about 138 mph.

This thread is proper LOL. I've been poo-pooed for years for suggesting my J-spec had 474bhp calculated from a hub dyno reading of 395 and wheel dyno at 375. Irrespective after that I had a T67 aristo pushing 460 ish on a wheel dyno and in all honesty the supra felt faster until you got into terrific speed territory. I could get the supra shifting from a standstill better, it would accelerate from cruising significantly better, and IMO delivered the power in a more useable fashion than the T67 aristo did.

The top figure of any power graph is only part of the equation. The amount of space underneath the line is also a significant factor which is after all the main point of twin charging. Correct me if I'm wrong but the photo of the car in question with its ass hunkered down like that and the nose lifted is very characteristic of cars that have suspension set up specifically for drag racing?

Dude you refused in the early years to be dragged into the power claims when you were running arguably the fastest UK run car but it was suspected that you were achieving those times with significantly less power than your competitors but a more wiley vehicle setup. It is a fact that specifically drag setup vehicles with a determined driver can achieve great times and terminals with less power than other vehicles that are less specifically prepared and less focussed on drag racing.

Wasn't monkey mark also trying to get awe inspiring 1/4's in as close to stock spec back in those same days with quite a bit of success (TDi wasn't the only or even the first to be on this quest). From his sig 11.962 @ 114.17 mph 60 Ft 1.730 330 ft 4.964 1/8 et 7.660 1/8 mph 91.11 1000 et 9.924

I'm also dubious that the car in questions RWHP is 486bhp and in fact the owner hasn't come forwards and said the power is at the wheels just that it has 486bhp. With a standalone management system, decent cams, and camgears properly adjusted (although in the UK I am led to believe there is little faith in adjustable camgears effectivity) a nicely bedded in engine in cracking condition and all of the other paraphanalia including water meths a 2JZ-GTE will make very good power from very low revs and hold that power strong for thousands of revs. Some decent setup motors dyno graphs look alot like a charged V8 graph with a kink in it at the tubby 1-2 changeover point.

I'd agree that the number crunching lends itself to supporting a high power figure in this car but my mind refuses to budge on a stock turbo TT 2JZ-GTE shoving 486bhp out the wheels therefore 578bhp with 19% losses at the fly..

I'm also dubious that the car in questions RWHP is 486bhp and in fact the owner hasn't come forwards and said the power is at the wheels just that it has 486bhp. With a standalone management system, decent cams, and camgears properly adjusted (although in the UK I am led to believe there is little faith in adjustable camgears effectivity) a nicely bedded in engine in cracking condition and all of the other paraphanalia including water meths a 2JZ-GTE will make very good power from very low revs and hold that power strong for thousands of revs. Some decent setup motors dyno graphs look alot like a charged V8 graph with a kink in it at the tubby 1-2 changeover point.

I'd agree that the number crunching lends itself to supporting a high power figure in this car but my mind refuses to budge on a stock turbo TT 2JZ-GTE shoving 486bhp out the wheels therefore 578bhp with 19% losses at the fly..

Hello dangerous brain!

Earlier in the thread I Explained that the car has given 486rwhp and 540fwhp with this setup below. :)

Last year 2010 i had this setup in the car:

JDM turbos

Upgraded camshafts

FMIC

2,5 inch DP+MP

3,5 inch catback

Scc/bcc and HKS EVC 5

Blitz air intake

The dyno result: 386RWHP/ 420FWHP

The dragstrip result 12.45/115 (Sundsvall Raceway 16 july 2010)

This year:

OEM Euro/US turbos

Upgraded camshafts

Upgraded camgears

OEM Euro/US 550 cc injectors

FMIC

3.25 inch DP+MP

3,5 inch catback

AEM v2 Tuned by SMR Racing

Blitz air intake

The dyno result: 486RWHP/ 540FWHP

The dragstrip result 11.38/122.5 (Kjula Raceway 22 aug 2011)

The difference between those two setups is:

8mph and over 1 sek

My best 60 ft: 1.57

Dude you refused in the early years to be dragged into the power claims when you were running arguably the fastest UK run car but it was suspected that you were achieving those times with significantly less power than your competitors but a more wiley vehicle setup. It is a fact that specifically drag setup vehicles with a determined driver can achieve great times and terminals with less power than other vehicles that are less specifically prepared and less focussed on drag racing.

Wasn't monkey mark also trying to get awe inspiring 1/4's in as close to stock spec back in those same days with quite a bit of success (TDi wasn't the only or even the first to be on this quest). From his sig 11.962 @ 114.17 mph 60 Ft 1.730 330 ft 4.964 1/8 et 7.660 1/8 mph 91.11 1000 et 9.924

In drag racing dude its only the ET that counts not the terminal, yes this car looks to squat and be set up for the strip, but that will only really effect the et, Mark Newman had some disastrous runs in his when we were playing with setup and tire pressure etc BUT the terminals were always the same regardless of wheelspin etc !!! remeber my times were with a basic journal bearing 67 P trim, 272 cams and ITC and SAFC, i would not of thought the car was over 650 hp but the traps were always over 130 mph, I think its best trap was 136 !!!! Maybe its just the driver ehh !!! LOL

So are we saying that some cars can trap at speeds they shouldn't with the power that they have and that 540 at the crank is possible on stock twins? I think there is something very special about those turbo's because you don't get 100 bhp by just swapping ceramics out for steels and having a bit more timing control.

IF it is 540 crank the injectors are way past a safe margin, swandips car made 520 i think on hybrids with a built motor and F-con, unless you dyno the car at SRR this argument will just go round in circles, prob best to accept that a stunning girlie has a very fast car that she knows how to drive and also how it works !!!!!

IF it is 540 crank the injectors are way past a safe margin, swandips car made 520 i think on hybrids with a built motor and F-con, unless you dyno the car at SRR this argument will just go round in circles, prob best to accept that a stunning girlie has a very fast car that she knows how to drive and also how it works !!!!!

:yeahthat:

Bit low in the transmission loss drop though is it not? 486rwhp = 540fwhp?

The dyno will work out its figures but yes I agree the trans drop is a bit low, what dyno was it on??? Maybe the owner was watching and the dyno operator was somewhat distracted and pressed the wrong button !!!

Jessica should come over for the weekend, to the pod. She could show me how to drive on the strip, I will put her up for the weekend.;)

Ill just bet she is booking a ticket now !!!! Reminds me of a jack russel I saw trying to S**g a Great dane !!!!

you may have done the same terminal with 630 but in all the times dude drove it it never ran a 12!!! Unlike some at suprapod !!!!

Terminals dont win races et's do !!!! LOL

Somebody pm'd me and pointed out i got the 3rd best 60ft at suprapod, just think what i could do on a prepped track like the hks drag series ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?253024-Suprapod-2011-Results-thread&p=3190571&viewfull=1#post3190571

Somebody pm'd me and pointed out i got the 3rd best 60ft at suprapod, just think what i could do on a prepped track like the hks drag series ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?253024-Suprapod-2011-Results-thread&p=3190571&viewfull=1#post3190571

To do that you need to enter !!!!! come on big fella you know it makes sense, mind the tracks not prepped as well as mainstream events

To do that you need to enter !!!!! come on big fella you know it makes sense, mind the tracks not prepped as well as mainstream events

I got no chance mate, work is mad at the moment, ive been working 7 day weeks and booked up to april at present, i also bought another house friday that needs a ton of work.

And if im honest, all the shit talking has put a sour taste in my mouth, im not going to do something i dont enjoy.

I got no chance mate, work is mad at the moment, ive been working 7 day weeks and booked up to april at present, i also bought another house friday that needs a ton of work.

And if im honest, all the shit talking has put a sour taste in my mouth, im not going to do something i dont enjoy.

Hopefully JP you will have a change of heart, would be good to see a couplemof sup's running 9's

I am so glad loads of this thread passed me by with me understanding sod all.. the bits I caught was a white supra, some bird called Jessica, something about terminal 5 at Heathrow and that Jamie p drives a Na and him and scott and others need to hug it out.

You too huh? :rlol:

So are we saying that some cars can trap at speeds they shouldn't with the power that they have and that 540 at the crank is possible on stock twins? I think there is something very special about those turbo's because you don't get 100 bhp by just swapping ceramics out for steels and having a bit more timing control.

One can argue all you want, fact is fact...

I have the original stock twins who delivered these numbers on a dyno and the car has been driven to 11.38 / 122.5!

That's a fact! :)

The car is in Sweden, anyone can come over and look at the car and its modifications under the hood.

I have 550 injectors. There is more difference in jap turbos and usa turbos than steel to ceramics in the turbine wheel. All this can SMR in Sweden. He knows how to build a supra to go fast! :) Next year it will be the stock twins with bigger injectors, better camshafts, etc. I'm betting on a 10,99 and 126

Edited by Jessica (see edit history)