Westy

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whichever way you look at it

There is a full list on this forum of single turbo cars mainly t67's that trap at that terminal range.

They will all be running around 550fly which is around 470-480 wheel HP.

There's a list of far higher powered cars putting in the same terminals, or maybe even less as pointed out already. My point is that when the car is setup properly, like TDRs and the other BPU guys was, then the potential of the car can be met. With an SRR 476RWHP I would have thought you could have done better. With the extra 130RWHP I reckon Brian would have done a mid 120 :)

And around we go, yet again. What about the 350rwhp BPU cars here making 120 terminals?

Please read my post again

Your saying that all those single turbo cars on the register are running 350whp?

TDR is the only 400bhp guy who hit a single 120 terminal?

It wasn't a hissy fit, I was trying to help and rather than saying thanks for the info, you ungreatfully and chastisingly said you already knew what I put.

I've edited it now, and for what its worth i didnt mean it too come across as ungrateful. I assume you didnt mean your reply to come across as a hissy fit either.

Please read my post again

Your saying that all those single turbo cars on the register are running 350whp?

TDR is the only 400bhp guy who hit a single 120 terminal?

No, please read my post again... and take your time as I'm having to repeat everything numerous times.

I'm saying the single turbo guys, for the most part, aren't running the car to its potential. They aren't prepping the car for the 1/4 mile and they aren't preparing themselves for it. They are mearly coming to club meets for a bit of fun.

Brian (TDR) was someone who was really into it. He spent years fine tuning his setup, wheels, tyres etc to get everything absolutely spot on. He had his car tuned to perfectly match his high stall so that he could launch to the best of his ability. Basically at the power he was running I think he got the most out of that car as far as the 1/4 mile goes. If there was anything left in it it would be 0.1sec and that would be if he was very lucky.

There is a world of difference between those setups. Brian would hit 60mph in 3 seconds (his best was around 2.3) and 60ft in the mid 1 seconds IIRC (Again memory man may have struck). That's hard for a single turbo to do, nevermind a BPU car. Hitting 60mph in such a short time/distance meant that he had the rest of the track to accelerate.

I've edited it now, and for what its worth i didnt mean it too come across as ungrateful. I assume you didnt mean your reply to come across as a hissy fit either.

No, I did.... but only because I took offence :D

I'm nothing if not honest though, apologies mate :)

My god, I wonder if one day you will look back at this thread Scott and realise you don't have a clue of what you was banging on about, I look forward to seeing your times at next years suprapod.

What do you mean? I'm not basing my opinion on personal experience, far from it, just going from what others have done in their cars at the power they have had at the time. I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong and have it all put to bed but nothing has convinced me that all dynos read the same HP across the world.

Have you got any close up's of the bonnet please Jessica? I have the same one and mine is going in to be resprayed after Christmas, im not sure whether to spray the whole thing or leave the vents in Carbon Fibre.

Hmmm...is this what you needed?

The cars theme is white/flat black så I painted the carbon fiber hood first white and the painted the "vents" flat black!

http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/images/44/43246/43246-f878e949e9894d0ee7fe4ad19e24c525.jpg

http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/images/44/43246/43246-162d7c82f2908e7b319d07de257f1e68.jpg

Hmmm...is this what you needed?

The cars theme is white/flat black så I painted the carbon fiber hood first white and the painted the "vents" flat black!

http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/images/44/43246/43246-f878e949e9894d0ee7fe4ad19e24c525.jpg

http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/images/44/43246/43246-162d7c82f2908e7b319d07de257f1e68.jpg

Thats perfect thanks :) Looking at that, I think i'm going to go for all white, the black vents suits yours as you have the black centre section on the Do-Luck front, i think it will look a bit off on mine as my Top Secret front is all white.

To be honest im packing up and moving to sweden;) she could tell me her car is running 1000BHP on standerd tubbys i would just nod and agree like a loyal puppy:eyebrows:

Apart from that it has been proved on the black stuff that the car is putting out some good power. There is nothing to say that in the near future that Supra's wont be pulling more power then this on standerd tubby's with the right R&D

Edited by fastcar (see edit history)

Thats perfect thanks :) Looking at that, I think i'm going to go for all white, the black vents suits yours as you have the black centre section on the Do-Luck front, i think it will look a bit off on mine as my Top Secret front is all white.

I am getting my car fully re-sprayed in 202, I've asked for the garage to leave only the blades in carbon but paint the top of the bonnet where it dips into the blade. By painting the side wall where it dips into the blades will give it depth which will look better. When the side wall levels out to the same depth as the bonnet thats where the line of the 3rd blade that will be left in carbon. I will post photos in Feb..! :-)

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the forum!

love your supra and well done for kicking ass on the strip...!:)

How about this for fun! European Jessica vs American Jessica Barton on the drag strip..! :cool:

The prizewin is a week's holiday with me at my beach house in Portugal I will even through in some surf lessons..! :innocent:

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)