The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MAJOR rear arch modification being carried out by Matt.....

Jamesy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry been really busy hope to be getting it into paint this weekend :D

No need to apologise mate i appricate you fitting it in for me around your other stuff.....plus its not like i'll be using it anytime soon, as soon as i get it from you its off to Lee for the conversion :D

This isn't meant as a negative comment..... there's enough of that already here it seems..... it's more curiosity than anything.

In the first pic on this page (the latest pic update), the line of the arch (the lip) looks quite wobbly and doesn't seem to run true at all. Is that going to be corrected before it's painted, or is that how it is going to be when it's finished ?

Creating an accurate and smooth compound curve in filler is a REALLY tricky job, I know one person who can do this reliably ad repeatedly, and his nick name is The Doctor : Doctor Bog. He used to do clay modelling for a design studio, now bogs up high end exotica. Beware that seemingly mint and accident free Lambo coming to an auction near you soon, The Doctor may have been at work :)

Approaching the final steps now : D

Can't imagine Matt would be happy with it if it was wobbley : ) - Maybe more likely it was an optical effect from the use of different colours or it hadn't been finished up yet before the primer? - seems to look fine in the "primer stage" pictures.

Im sure its gonna look sweet :thumbs: - the primer pic gives quite a good indication of how it should look when its all painted actually : D

Edited by d-_-b (see edit history)

This isn't meant as a negative comment..... there's enough of that already here it seems..... it's more curiosity than anything.

In the first pic on this page (the latest pic update), the line of the arch (the lip) looks quite wobbly and doesn't seem to run true at all. Is that going to be corrected before it's painted, or is that how it is going to be when it's finished ?

No worries mate yeah it does look like that in the pic but in 'real life' its all straight ;)

there is no way you can achieve that type of Full arch bend/roll without the paint cracking.

Well ill wait to see yours then. Till then its impossible to not distort or crack the arch and paintwork

i have to agree here

Just for the doubters amoungst you about arch rolling saying it cant be done, keep an eye out for supra steveo's thread he will be writing about the arches i rolled for him this evening

Just as i said, can be done and he is now overly impressed with the work and now has no rubbing or cutting on his tyres

there is no flaking of paint and its nice and smooth

once he writes it i will add the pics

Why delete the thread ? im looking forward to seeing the finished job

You surely can't expect everyone to love what you do to your car and should take

any negative comments etc with a pinch of salt, sticks and stones and that.

Why delete the thread ? im looking forward to seeing the finished job

You surely can't expect everyone to love what you do to your car and should take

any negative comments etc with a pinch of salt, sticks and stones and that.

:yeahthat:

Keep the thread opening dude! :)