The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MAJOR rear arch modification being carried out by Matt.....

Jamesy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The work looks good, where is the Matt man? I need my Sup to get some attention after crimbo. LOVE the wheels mate, i see you about occasionally and love the car, i like the look personally....

Hi mate thanks for your comments - Matt is based near Chichester mate and as i say he always does a top notch job and take a lot of pride in his work :)

I think that will look nice when its done mate :) Its a bit different than the usual! However I must say that the methodology doesnt look all that tbh :( Tonnes of fibreglass and filler in a otherwise straight car isn't my idea of bang tidy :) However if your happy to live with whas underneath then its worth it I suppose!

I think that will look nice when its done mate :) Its a bit different than the usual! However I must say that the methodology doesnt look all that tbh :( Tonnes of fibreglass and filler in a otherwise straight car isn't my idea of bang tidy :) However if your happy to live with whas underneath then its worth it I suppose!

:yeahthat:

If it was done in metal (which is the correct way) it would be okay, but adding a load of resin and filler to what was a very straight car is madness IMO.

I would NEVER buy a car with bodywork like that.

guys just to clear this up jamesy brought the car to me after having the arches flared by arch enemy which left them with cracked paint and an uneven finish, I was just going to smooth off the arch with a small skim of filler just to make the flare look better,

But jamesy ask me to bulk them out a bit more to get the look he was after and also cover the rest of the wheel as the flare did not quit make it , there is not tones of filler on there its only extended around 20 mm off the flared lip . it could of been done in metal but this would cost lot more ,

And its only a bit of filler and paint at the end of the day and if jamesy dose not like it after a time or wonts to sell the car its no problem to put it back to just a smooth flare

here are a fue better pics to show the diffrance

As you can see hear the metal line is the arch so only about 15 to 20 mm extension.

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

Thanks for your input Matt

To be honest mate im not overly concerned with what others think. Theres prob a handful of people who's opinion i do take onboard. Anyone else that likes it then brilliant. Anyone else that does then cool too, everyones got there own taste.

Ive never been into wild modifications that could be chavvy etc, and opt for the more subtle and classy look. This was a bit more out there and Matt has done it exactly as i wanted ;)

Thanks again Matt quality work mate :hi:

I will not however be using Arch enemy, that work is shocking!

+1 to that I think I am going to need to roll my arches and I don't think I will head in there direction now.

As for your arches Jamsey if you like it then that is the main thing! who gives a dam what other think its your car so thats all that matters, personally i think it looks ok so far but once painted it should look pretty damn cool. look forward to seeing pics of your progress bud. good luck.

imo the paint will always crack when rolling arch's

My point, i cant see them doing that to a car without making it very clear, whenever i have used them they have informed me of the risks before i even booked them.

Nearly stopped at yours today on the way back from seeing dude, but got lost and went home, will pop over soon about some bits i want doing :)

With an arch pull did arch enemy not explain the paint will crack?

Yeah i had known the paint would most likely crack and was fine with that. But he ended up putting a fist sized dent in the rear 1/4 too. I used arch enemy on my old r33 skyline and it was the worst job id ever seen. Ended up having to get Jun arches fitted!

What was the name of the guy from arch enemy as i know the south east rep has only just been trained. Was it dan by any chance?

Yeah think that was him mate he was fairly new! :)

He offered to take some money off his quote as it didnt come out as he wanted but i just paid him as i didnt want to cause a fuss as i knew it was going to Matt :)

My point, i cant see them doing that to a car without making it very clear, whenever i have used them they have informed me of the risks before i even booked them.

Nearly stopped at yours today on the way back from seeing dude, but got lost and went home, will pop over soon about some bits i want doing :)

i do the same with regards to warning of the damaged caused,and no probs pop in anytime n if you get lost just give me a call