The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MAJOR rear arch modification being carried out by Matt.....

Jamesy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad its getting sorted. I thought it was probably the new guy as the main london guy who started arch enemy is pretty good. He did my mk2 golf arches and didnt crack any paint and that cars 20 years old. You should complain to the main guy otherwise this will happen to someone else.

Can't really judge the look at the moment but I didn't like the last flare you had so hopefully this will look better. The fact that they are going to be smoother should make a difference, rather than a reverse lip.

The silver paint will disguise the shape a bit too so it will probably look more subtle than it does at the moment.

Look forward to seeing it finished regardless :)

To be honest i think non of us can really judge the arches from the state there in at the moment, Matt can do some cracking work with the facilities he has and i think its going to look different in a good way

Exactly that! There has been too much negativity in this thread too date. My red car looked like a scrap yard special when it was in the bodyshop but when it came out it was a whole different story.

All will be fine, I'm sure.

Thanks a lot guys.

I am very suprised at the level of negativity, but as mentioned not concerned. Ricky i'll bite my tongue on this occassion. ;)

As has been pointed out its far from finished, and the building stages of any bodyshop pics are not going to blow you away. Once its smoothed, sprayed and the suspension levelled off a bit i personally think it'll be exactly what i had imagined it to be like

sometimes seeing something a bit different just gets that sort of response mate, my build is marmite but im slowly winning people over. Just stick at it with matt and im sure you two will create something good and different.

I've not seen anything negative about yours at all.

I'd reserve judgement until it's finished, as obviously nothing looks great when not finished. In for the pics :thumbs:

You don't have to bud let it rip.

It's only in my view Im just saying it looked better before. If you like it then that's all that matters but if your going to post it up make you can handle the negative with the positive comments.

Thanks a lot guys.

I am very suprised at the level of negativity, but as mentioned not concerned. Ricky i'll bite my tongue on this occassion. ;)

As has been pointed out its far from finished, and the building stages of any bodyshop pics are not going to blow you away. Once its smoothed, sprayed and the suspension levelled off a bit i personally think it'll be exactly what i had imagined it to be like

but if your going to post it up make you can handle the negative with the positive comments.

Yeah very true mate -

Postive comments - great

Negative comments - fair do's

Rude comments about the car or workmanship - not needed

Anyway - on with the project now i think..... :)

That's very close mate,

Here's a couple of pics of Polo's Team Falken car at the top and some randoms below that - as you see its a similar effect of flared arch with the tyres as close to it as possible, without ever touching ;)

This was the kinda look i wanted Matt to recreate for me...

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

I like the flared look as long as it is done properly like in this case. I wasn't sure with the first load of pics but then Matt's pics explained things a lot better. I think it will look aggressive, good on you.

I had to do something similar to a mates 206 to get his wheels to fit, it was quite a bit of work but i enjoyed doing it here is a few pics.

Not to everyones taste but you get the idea

Edited by L18msy (see edit history)