The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MAJOR rear arch modification being carried out by Matt.....

Jamesy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the flared look as long as it is done properly like in this case. I wasn't sure with the first load of pics but then Matt's pics explained things a lot better. I think it will look aggressive, good on you.

I had to do something similar to a mates 206 to get his wheels to fit, it was quite a bit of work but i enjoyed doing it here is a few pics.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r8/L18msy/brianspug006.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r8/L18msy/brianspug007.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r8/L18msy/brianspug008.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r8/L18msy/brianspug009.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r8/L18msy/brianspug010.jpg

Not to everyones taste but you get the idea

Thanks mate, nice work on that pug :cool:

jamsey that rear tyre that i belive is a michelin pilot sport is out of date . 6 years max dude :)

I only bought them off J a few months ago and he only had them a short time mate. :)

Well IMHO, I like it, I like it a lot. Recon when it's all done its going to look amazing. Love the flared arch look.

Cheers John im hoping so mate :D

OP......what side skirts are those on ur supra mate?

They are C-West :)

I like this too, I think it will look like a nice subtle flare when it's finished and it was one of the routes I'd have taken if my wheels stuck out too much. I have stretch but it still rubs on bad dips/bumps so I can only imagine how much yours must have with the wider tires!

But yeah, once the paint is on I'm sure it will change some opinions bud. :)

I like this too, I think it will look like a nice subtle flare when it's finished and it was one of the routes I'd have taken if my wheels stuck out too much. I have stretch but it still rubs on bad dips/bumps so I can only imagine how much yours must have with the wider tires!

But yeah, once the paint is on I'm sure it will change some opinions bud. :)

Hi Mark

Yeah to be honest i'd have rather put something like a 265 tyre on the rear and stretch them on (as i like that look anyway) so they cleared - but with the power im running traction is a bit of an issue so the wider the tyre the better!

Cheers mate

Hi mate, thats another little job Mat thas done for me :) - apprently sanded them right down and sprayed, i think its come out well certainly hadnt thought about doing it before!

Looks really nice, Mine look crap; take the look off her, I dont think I would get away with Silver on mine, might do them satin Black ;)

Which arch enemy guy did you use as that is shocking

I was trained by the guy that owns arch enemy and i can guarantee that anyone competant can easily do an arch without the paint flaking if the paintwork was in good condition to start with

Ive done over 30 cars in training/helping and i didnt have one drama and ive done a few cars on my own with my kit and havent had a problem

Only drama you can get with Japanese cars is a slight dent/indentation due to the metal warping but that is an easy fix as i was shown how

really gutted it didnt work for you but not all who work arch enemy are that bad

Liking the new arch work now

I was trained by the guy that owns arch enemy and i can guarantee that anyone competant can easily do an arch without the paint flaking if the paintwork was in good condition to start with

Ive done over 30 cars in training/helping and i didnt have one drama and ive done a few cars on my own with my kit and havent had a problem

Only drama you can get with Japanese cars is a slight dent/indentation due to the metal warping but that is an easy fix as i was shown how

really gutted it didnt work for you but not all who work arch enemy are that bad

Liking the new arch work now

Info on pages 3 and 4. It was a new guy called Dan.

Make sure you get some decent pics up once finished, Jamesy :)

if jamie had the jdl arches you should have grabbed them, it does look mean and pretty good but i can honestly see them touching. when you plant your foot down the supras have a big n heavy ass which loves to kiss the tarmac. i had the jdl arches and you can fit really wide wheels with no care in the world of them rubbing.

I was trained by the guy that owns arch enemy and i can guarantee that anyone competant can easily do an arch without the paint flaking if the paintwork was in good condition to start

there is no way you can achieve that type of Full arch bend/roll without the paint cracking.

it does look mean and pretty good but i can honestly see them touching. when you plant your foot down the supras have a big n heavy ass which loves to kiss the tarmac. .

Dude the shocks have been taken out and the wheel jacked up as far as it'll go to make sure it doesnt touch ;)