The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had supra a week - comments from work.. Should I be annoyed?

supra_aero

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I disagree Noz :)

I love getting nice comments and admiring looks from people, especially older people that were into their

E types and DB5's etc

I had a 80 yrs old pensioner with his wife drooling all over my car not so long back, it was one of the best

times i've had in the car and it was sat in a petrol station :D

always gotta be you to disagree with me not been the first time MR! ;)

dont get me wrong i like people admiring my car, but what i meant is i didnt buy it for that :p

I must be lucky then, never really had any bad comments (well not to my face) about the supra.

Think the only one was "where is that silly white monster you normally scrape the floor with?", but hope that was a joke.

other than the missus who was forever slating the practicality of it (too low/two doors/ not much boot only really 2 seats.. blah blah blah) but she does like the looks of the supe'..

probably find in present times where people are thinking MPG rather than BHP all sporty cars will be snipped at.. same way 4x4's were a while back..

also cars that look mod'ed will always be a target for comments, either from purists or people who think its a waste to spend money on a car as a hobby.

End of day, your car.. if your happy with it F*_• em', if you don't want the comments, follow then and get the ford ka! :D

I used to get crap comments when my car was silver with the veilside arches, now the tables have turned everyone at work loves my car, every time I drive it there's always one or more person praising it.

Jazz, you drive your car 300, yes 300 miles a year! Hardly driving is it?!?

The praise you are getting is for driving it! :D

Jazz, you drive your car 300, yes 300 miles a year! Hardly driving is it?!?

The praise you are getting is for driving it! :D

Lol, but seriously the last time I drove it with the girlfriend I had 3 people predicting the at in traffic one guy was drooling over the wheels lol.

People these days are only interested in new cars, it really doesn't much matter what it is as long as it new. I bought my Supra few weeks ago and i still have a 350Z. I live next to the Hotel so i share car park etc One of the hotel guest get in to deep conversation about them.. I did explain why i prefare Supra. He was only saying that my Supra is old and my Zed is a new car...I ask this ignorant if he had a chance to drive any of those cars, he said no... So his opinion been based on a year of the car and also it wasn't my best move to park my faded, bumper half painted etc tired Supra next to the sparkling fresh painted Zed with lights brighter then reflection of sun in the snow.

In the end of the day Supra gets everyone attention good and bad one but its all about attention and i love it :)

Most people I talk to don't think it's chavy. They always think its newer than 16-17 years old too. They think its A bit ott and expensive to run is there impressions.

One chap at work always asks me what mpg I get in a smarmy kinda way. So I tell him. And he smirks a bit. But he drives a diesel vw borat that's been in the garage 3 times recently for quite serious issues, not just a service. And it's cost him a bomb to keep running.

Each time it brakes I tell him to buy a 17 year old Toyota and the Worst thing I've had to replace in 3 years was a radiator.

i must admit ive never had a bad word said about mine.ive had birds thinking its a new car before however when i first met my bird the first thing she said was and i quote "is this the car everyones been banging on about? ITS AN L REG!". i added a private plate not long after this.

oh and i was parked outside a nightclub once and the bouncer said and again i quote "sexi cars them celicas" this made my a tad angry

I have never driven a car that didn't stand out. I've driven heavily modified Cortina's, several MK3 Supras, a gold 525i, a real old dog of a mk2 Granada (that sounded like a tank).

I'm also a goth (wear a lot of black, listen to gloomy music).

I learnt a long time ago not to care what other people say or think about me. I live the way that makes me happy. I drive the car that makes me happy.

I'm the one who's sat in the traffic jam grinning from ear to ear because I have a Supra - and they don't :)

It's jealousy pure and simple.

I love your car the way it is (white wheels and sun shade). :)

Nothing but good compliments here. It was parked at the side of the road in town yesterday evening, and a few people took photos. A shiny black Supra with holographic wheels does tend to mesmerise people. :)

No one can believe it's nearly 19 years old now.

Just ignore the banter, they're only small minded and jealous. :)

The wheels, stubby aerial and smoked lights push the definition of "bone stock". :) It looks clean and not OTT which is good.

The comment about people just wanting new cars, not necessarily "better" cars (i.e. cheaper to run, faster, better looking, easier to look after, whatever someone's definition of "better" is), is spot-on. It's part of consumerism these days. Just look at the recent O2 adverts: they make people feel like they've got a real donkey of a phone if it's more than a year old. The phone was great a year ago, so what's changed? Does such-and-such a gadget on the phone make my life that much better? Unlikely. Does the new phone have features that I really missed on my old phone? Probably not. Do I simply aspire to new phones because they're shiny and I get a bit of jealousy whenever I see someone with one? You're getting warmer!

Again it's only jealous people who slate mine. Yes, it's N/A. But when I get the "my skyline's turbo'd" comments, I just think "yes mate, more to go wrong." (Said vehicle did go pop after about 1000 miles - replaced by an Audi derv). :D

My Mrs actually said "I want to drive her again" the other night as it's been off the road for a year (finances were a wee bit tight). Even when I contemplated breaking it up, my mrs wouldn't let me. I do get more comments about the 20's than the car, but then they're shiny and that's all most people who haven't a clue like in a car.

Even my mum likes it! An she's a proper miserable old bat!

Week 3 and its wierd. Had nothing but positive comments at least 2-4 times a day this week. So obviously guys at work were on a piss take session or something. Loved driving it this weekend, even had one guy stop me at a roundabout asking how much I'd sell it for. :D

So I am happy to be seen in it once more. I had it washed and waxed and its incredible the amount of heads which turn to a clean waxed supra. Thanks for all the comments. I can conclusively say it was jealousy (or at least think that) :).

Glad you got a supra again, when did you move down to bristol?

Moved down 6 months ago. Love it ;) - I'll start going to meets again soon enough!

I love your car the way it is (white wheels and sun shade). :)

Thanks, so do I :)

The wheels, stubby aerial and smoked lights push the definition of "bone stock". :)

I guess you are right!

Hmm wish my car could grab some attention, all i have had is 2 women chasing me through Bolton town centre, maybe it s because my car does indeed look chav and cack or maybe its that Bolton is Ferrari central, i counted 8 come past the shop the other day, 1 being an F40 so the supe will never get a look in.