The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well, I have had better days! UPDATED

CJ

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words folks. I'm certainly feeling more relaxed tonight than I was last night!

Despite trying to maintain a positive attitude, I have to admit to having lots of negative 'what if' thoughts creep in yesterday and once them buggers get in it is hard to get shot of them - but mr. Surgeon managed to do that with ease with the news today!

Thanks for the kind words folks. I'm certainly feeling more relaxed tonight than I was last night!

Despite trying to maintain a positive attitude, I have to admit to having lots of negative 'what if' thoughts creep in yesterday and once them buggers get in it is hard to get shot of them - but mr. Surgeon managed to do that with ease with the news today!

When death's door creaks ajar in your mind's eye for the first real time in your life, it's a thing you'll never shift. Those negative 'what if' thoughts do hang around for a while, but you can turn it around and realise how precious life is. Live forever or die trying ;)

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the little blighter hasn't spread around. Hopefully they can hoik it out with a bit of surgery, job done. The chemo is going to be the worst bit of it, it's absolutely awful - but it's such a short period to endure compared to the rest of your life. And take heart in the fact the cancer will hate it a lot more :devil: It'll mop up any roaming cells as well, minimising the chance of reoccurence, so it's all good :)

I had the PET scan yesterday. A simple if strange procedure whereby they inject you with a solution and have you to wait 1.5 hours to become radioactive! You then go through a scanner that is similar to an MRI scan but without the tapping noise.

I now have to wait to meet up with the surgeon early next week. By this time he would have had the the results from the biopsies, endoscopy, laparoscopy and CT and PET scans. We can then discuss treatment options and put together a plan of attack.

I had the PET scan yesterday. A simple if strange procedure whereby they inject you with a solution and have you to wait 1.5 hours to become radioactive! You then go through a scanner that is similar to an MRI scan but without the tapping noise.

I now have to wait to meet up with the surgeon early next week. By this time he would have had the the results from the biopsies, endoscopy, laparoscopy and CT and PET scans. We can then discuss treatment options and put together a plan of attack.

Hope the results are favourable Colin. I can't even begin to consider how I would feel if it were me. Chin up and fingers crossed for you pal.

i met with the surgeon this morning todiscuss the scan results and his reccomendations for a treatment plan and sadly, it wasn't the result I had hoped for. In a nutshell, the PET scan has revealed that the cancer has spread into bonbe area. The areas affected are spots on two vertebrae in the spine and a small spot in the pelvis / hip joint region. To say I was devastated would be an underestatement.

It has meant that they are now looking at a palliative care scenario rarther than a cure scenario. That said, it remains tio be seen how the spots react to the cocktail of chemo and radiation therapy we are going to have done over the next 3 months. If the spots diminish then the care may change.

Ah well, it is just another hurdle to overcome!

Col, thank you for taking the time to update us here.

I understand this is extremely difficult for you but remain strong, don't let anything get you down. I have never met you, but have enjoyed so many posts you have made on this forum. Made me laugh quite a few times (not bad for a fatty who can't do a cartwheel :D) & some very interesting posts posted too. A very close friend of mine got lung cancer about 6 years... on Thursday I'll be playing football with him, so never give up.

:)

Unreal mate, you aren't half being put through the ringer on this rollercoaster. I hope the uhming and ahing hasn't been detremental to your health in all this. Hopefully a good dose with the chemo will clear up the affected areas and you can get back on track with getting rid of it altogether.

Finally some good news. Apparently the chemo treatment means that ALL my body hair will fall out and so I will save a fortune on anal waxing

Mate, that made happy, "Finally some good news" Sad "Apparently the chemo treatment means that ALL my body hair will fall out" Then spit milk over the pc "so I will save a fortune on anal waxing "

Keep kicking ass

Finally some good news. Apparently the chemo treatment means that ALL my body hair will fall out and so I will save a fortune on anal waxing

But you'll spend more on anal bleaching now people can see (if you expose your ar$e often) :D

Hope all works out ok for you :)