The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well, I have had better days! UPDATED

CJ

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just come across this....i don't know you CJ but i just had to say after reading 20 pages of messages you are an inspiration to all!..so many people on here seem to know you and hold you in high regard. Hope you and yours have a good christmas and ALL the very best wishes to you for the new year too!...keep looking forward matey!!

• 1 month later...

It has been a couple of months since I lasted posted and so, for those who are interested, here is a bit of an update:

I am now 2 thirds of the way through the chemotherapy treatment. I have the final infusion next Wednesday and then it is 3 weeks of chemo tablets (self administered at breakfast and dinner time) and that is it. I then have a CT scan to determine how it has gone. I have spoken to the surgeon and asked him what are the likely outcomes. The conversation went something like this:

"So, Mr. Escovet, what is the best possible scenario"?

"Well, we do the scan and find that the tumour has shrunk significantly to almost nothing, the cancer cells in the bone areas have cleared, and I can then operate and give you a clean bill of health".

"And the chances of that happening are"?

"Incredibly slim"

"OK, and the worst possible scenario"?

"The chemo has done nothing. The tumour has grown and the cancer sells have multiplied significantly".

"OK, and the chances of that are"?

"Incredibly slim"!

:D

Obviously I am hoping for the best but I am guessing a good result is somewhere in between the 2. In the meantime I have to be grateful that in the main, the chemo treatment has been bearable. The funny thing is, people have asked me how it has been and TBH, I have no idea as I have nothing to compare it to. I could be suffering really badly (I have had some bad times with dehydration, toilet issues and extreme tiredness) or that could be very mild compared to what might have been.

Anyway, nothing more to be reported now until after the scan but if the way my body feels is anything to go by then I am doing OK and if it is trying to tell me I am close to dying then it is not a great communicator :D

Good luck Col' date=' you're an inspiration :)[/quote']

Thank you my friend.

I'm not sure about being an inspiration as when I go to the local cancer hospital and see others in far worse condition than me and yet they still smile and joke, or I see youngsters there who have not had the benefit of the years of life I have had, then that makes me feel very humble indeed.

Guest Rsand85
I look forward to hearing the best possible scenario is the one that fate has chosen for you.

i second that mate. sincerely hope it all goes well for you.cheers