The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Absolutely Gutted

Kirk

Bad luck, hope you get it sorted even if you mis suprapod.

Is it still on the road side? If so id get it moved asap before idiots start to smash it up and nick bits off it.

Drag it out of the ditch with a 4x4 if needed at least then your'll be able to get it on a trailer.

Its been recovered off the road side at the recovery place just off the M6. Once i sort a trailer ill be going getting it and bringing it home.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably of zero consolation to you at the moment but walking away unscathed after experiencing just how easily and quickly you can go from being in control to being a passenger can be a valuable learning experience.

Totaly agree with that. Ive never been one to not be able to control my car in any situations infact the thing that gets me the most is i drove my car all through the snow last winter and never had one incident but its definatly an experience i wont forget. Nothing more i could of done so i let the wheel go and braced myself.

In all honesty i was doing short of 55 keeping a safe distance between me and the car ahead. Just so happened when i turned the wheel the back end stepped out without much effort at all.

The police man who attended was understanding enough and knew himself that can be a tricky corner at the best of times so.

I wasn't sure if you were going to post anything up so I kept schtum.

Thanks for involving me in the thankyous but I was going to leave you there. It was Mrs H, Lynz and Neil who got you out of the mire. You did have some of my free beer so I suppose I can take the credit from that.

Please let me know if you need any help with the parts or even getting it back on the road. Mark who was here would certainly be a good cheap way of getting a quality job done to it. We'll have to see what can get in the back of the Audi if we can't find someone with a van.

H.

What a shame, bad luck Martin :(

Hope you can get it repaired, it didn't look TOO bad from the pics on facebook. I have quite a few parts lying around, let me know if you need anything.

Out of interest do you have a limited slip diff?

Good to hear that you two are OK, the car can be fixed, would be interesting to know what tyres you were running.

I'd like to know too and also were you on the accelerator at all as you turned? Just wondering how it let go so easily only doing 55.

I'd like to know too and also were you on the accelerator at all as you turned? Just wondering how it let go so easily only doing 55.

Martin in post one said he was slowing down for the corner and the three upcoming cars so I guess no right pegg