The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Absolutely Gutted

Kirk

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again thanks guys for the kind offers, there much appriciated.

Few more pics

This pic shows the road conditions and where we went through the hedge. The car had stepped out on the corner where the van is.

What it doesnt show on this next one is how my car was actually pulling the recovery truck into the hedge hence the need for the second one. By that time it was pouring down

And the hole it left behind

All in all, one hell of a ride.

Like it beens said before, it could of been a lot worse. Couple of feet more and we could of been in the tree or upside down. Very lucky really that be walked away from it ok.

Still doesnt neglect the fact ive got alot of making up to do for em :innocent:

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

I have

Rear bumper (black)

Front engine undertrays

Might have rear brake grills

You can have them for free

Your not kiddin thats ace that Rob - true spirit of the forum that mate :)

If martin does not have them can I have the front undertrays?? I know im a vulture :D

ohhh ouch, thats looks bad mate, that front arch looks bad, is that a side impact thats done that - please dont tell me its a frontal as I dont want to have to look at picks of that front crash bar again!!

Its just ripped the bumper off mate, the rest behind it is still straight and in one piece :)

Im unsure what causes the damage to the wing, probably say it was the main impact through the hedge.

can I have the front undertrays?? I know im a vulture :D

NO :p

No point in you having a front undertray after what happened to the last one :D

Yep it still goes vroom vroom :D

Have you been sitting behind that steering wheel again making your own engine noises :D

NO :p

No point in you having a front undertray after what happened to the last one :D

Well if your having them can I have your damaged ones, ill secure it this time not u ;)

Sorry to hear this mate, but like people have said, walking away is the main thing... BUT

From what i can gather this could have been a whole lot worse as well for the car i mean, you could have hit something, or flipped etc.

I flipped my first car and that was awful.

Hope it`s fixable anyway mate.

Bit of an update.

Ive been hounding the recovery company who have my car for 3 days straight now and each time promised a return call which i am yet to receive. We had a mutual agreement on the sunday, which emma will back up, and that was £180 and they would drop it at my garage either monday or tuesday. Now ill admit was a bit of a mess the next few days with what had actually happenend and i never got round to sorting an arrangement so i can accept that's my fault. So ive been on the phone to there head office 3 times today and given the same story, "we have passed on a message to the manager down there who will return your call". Now that was at 11am and ive been hounding them on the hour every hour. Im quite frankly fobbed off with this as the payment is coming out of my pocket and there doing nothing to sort this in a hurry :complain:

Again thanks guys. Im hoping i can sort this out quickly.

At the minute the parts needed list is as follows

Front bumper and lip

Both engine trays

Both front wings and arch liners

All the grey stone guard/finishing trims on both sides

Both rear brake duct trims

O/S tail light

Rear bumper.

From a structural point of view the drivers sill is a little bent in but easily repairable, passenger side im not so sure about and suspect it needs a new outer sill section really.

Only just seen this Martin, yeah I know I live in a cave.

I have some pre-facelift rear lights if you are still in need.

Glad you are okay.

Mike

Bit of an update.

Ive been hounding the recovery company who have my car for 3 days straight now and each time promised a return call which i am yet to receive. We had a mutual agreement on the sunday, which emma will back up, and that was £180 and they would drop it at my garage either monday or tuesday. Now ill admit was a bit of a mess the next few days with what had actually happenend and i never got round to sorting an arrangement so i can accept that's my fault. So ive been on the phone to there head office 3 times today and given the same story, "we have passed on a message to the manager down there who will return your call". Now that was at 11am and ive been hounding them on the hour every hour. Im quite frankly fobbed off with this as the payment is coming out of my pocket and there doing nothing to sort this in a hurry :complain:

So did you contact them for the first time this morning? With it being a Friday I would be surprised if you get a response.

Personally I wouldn't be paying anything charged beyond today. Really you should have rang them Monday and put the ball in their court.

H.

So did you contact them for the first time this morning? With it being a Friday I would be surprised if you get a response.

Personally I wouldn't be paying anything charged beyond today. Really you should have rang them Monday and put the ball in their court.

H.

Since wednesday H. I know i should of sorted it monday but i reality set in and i had my ucas to sort at the same time so i never got around to it.

Since wednesday H. I know i should of sorted it monday but i reality set in and i had my ucas to sort at the same time so i never got around to it.

Ok then. No charges from Wednesday onwards. You can't pay for their incompetence..!!

H.

Can't you just go down there in person and sort it out?

It's a good way from where Martin lives and I don't think he has access to any other wheels at the moment. I went down there last night at around 21.00. The car was there but there was no one around, probably out on another job as there were two cars parked in the car park which I would assume are the recovery lads.

I think a trip back on Monday would be the best bet and sort it all out.

H.

I will be again hounding them down the phone today about this and will defiantly not be paying for the last 3 days that's for sure and after what vicki told me last night be lucky if I pay them at all!!