Hideous Supra, own up if it's yours!

j_jza80

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I love that GT3 RS, Porsche Racing Orange makes that car, would not look half as sporty without it :) But again its marmite.

Thinking of changing the wheels end of the year anyway, something like these :D

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/images/blog/big_GTR-D%20Pink%20with%20polished%20lip%20.jpg

We did this to all our race cars, dark blue with fluorescent pink stripes and they looked bizness, all the team kit was the same.

Dare to be differant i say :thumbs:

I like the wheels youve just posted up but think i'd colour match the polished part to the car body colour perhaps

Mitchell was I not parked opposite you at that Bluewater meet last month..?

Considering a do 95% of the work myself I am happy with the car, bodywork does need some attention but im working on that and a few other small bits :)

yeah mate you was i had a good look around your car and it grabs attention so fair play... as long as you enjoy it and giving it a go, who cares what others think.

I say nice work dude,

It does take balls to go against the grain as you've said, but lairey wheels are currently in and for a show car does make it stand out from the crowd! (though I wouldn't have selected pink, I see your point about finding contrasting colours that don't clash majorly)

Random question James, did you ever come to any "event's" or anything in Hereford?

I have something in my mind that associates you with something in Hereford for some reason >

(Maybe im just going mad) lol

Its just different, I dont see the problem. Its a little bit naughty to call someone elses "taste" hideous though, Especially a fellow members car.

Nonsense, it's all this political correctness that allows such monstrosities to go unchallenged. And why do spectators at UK car shows always look like escapees from a local Borstal? :)

If I drove that round Blackburn I'd get my face kicked in. But it sure is one way to attract the ladies, maybe it's a pussy magnet?

If a bloke drove that into my local's car park there'd be a pink gin with fruit in it on the bar and at least 10 locals saying it's on us, and it's your first and last drink in here :)

Still with the gay comments I see lol, and if people want to call it hideous, gay, ugly, a heap, vile, or any negative words feel free, I wont be offended, just think its funny how I do something different and how much if annoys some people, so don't hold back on the comments please guys :D

Jazz thats your opinion, it went from just another Supra on the modified scene to prob one of the most known and recognised Supra in the UK (for good or bad reasons, as stated no such thing as bad publicity), like when I had all the ICE in it, people were like why spend money on that and not on the engine..?? simple answer because its my car and I will do with it what ever the hell I like.

There is a handfull of people on here that can say they have won awards for their car, been offered mag features and why..? because their cars stood out from the norm, no offence to anyone but standard looking black and silver Supra's are 10 a penny, just I had the balls to do something different.

End of the day I love Supra's regardless, standard, modified, big power, track cars, race cars, etc etc and can appriciate work that has gone into them, will always love the Supra and can not see me driving any other car. The car is a 93 but is still holding its own along side much more modern cars at shows, its a timeless design I have just added a few bits to make it stand out.

Edited by SupraJames (see edit history)

Nonsense, it's all this political correctness that allows such monstrosities to go unchallenged. And why do spectators at UK car shows always look like escapees from a local Borstal? :)

I can be the least political correct person on here Chris just my point was if the owner posted up a picture of his own can asking for coments he deserves whatever he gets but for someone else to do its a bit of a sh!t thing to do :) Its like if someone posted that old picture of you with a beard saying "Look at this tw@t with a 80's beard" or you posting it up saying "Dont i look a tw@t with an 80's beard?" (I loved the beard btw) :)

I can be the least political correct person on here Chris just my point was if the owner posted up a picture of his own can asking for coments he deserves whatever he gets but for someone else to do its a bit of a sh!t thing to do :) Its like if someone posted that old picture of you with a beard saying "Look at this tw@t with a 80's beard" or you posting it up saying "Dont i look a tw@t with an 80's beard?" (I loved the beard btw) :)

CW with an 80's beard? Pics or it didnt happen! :D

It's your car, do with it what you want, I don't like it, it's too homo/chav for my liking:d

The below statement is a bit far fetched though, there is a large amount of Supra's that are far more recognised ;)

it went from just another Supra on the modified scene to prob one of the most known and recognised Supra in the UK

Was speaking about the mainstream modified scene, and I did say ONE OF not the most, there is many more that stand out more just for different reasons.

Also did people give Amo this much abuse when he painted his whole car pink.? Dont believe so, and pretty sure no one called him gay lol