The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hideous Supra, own up if it's yours!

j_jza80

Thanks to a friend on here pointing me in the direction of this thread :D

Where do I start.....

Well right now I am currently laughing my head off at this thread, never have and never will care what anybody thinks about me or my car so don't really care what is said not like I am going to loose sleep over comments on here. I modify my car for me and to be different not to stick to the norm. As pointed out I put some pictures up ages ago on here when just the wheels were pink and it was suggested mirrors and wing tips were painted as well like the GT3 (they are just orange), due to the colour of the car not many other colours would have gone so pink it was. Sadly Scotty as much as you would prob like me to be gay I am very happy with my girlfriend of 5 years, tough luck chap.

Yes the car gets a lot of attention has picked up a few awards and have just been offered a magazine feature, and why you ask.... because its different. So say what you like in my eyes there is no such thing as bad publicity, love it or hate it you are still talking about it ;)

You could do a lot worse stuff to your car than spray parts pink on it anyway. At least you don't have an atrocious body kit. :) I quite enjoyed viewing your car (albeit different) and meeting you.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

End of the day give me a day and could remove all the pink, only did it for fun and did it all myself. People liked it so it stayed. Will be making another trip over to the IOW this year as well :)

Incase people were wondering yes the engine bay matches :D

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/unlimited-styling/IMG_4886.jpg

After seeing the engine bay I actually do like the gay pink colours, It looks good and clean , well done

What has gone wrong with this forum that some people will slate a car owned by a member? I would agree that if someone was planning on fitting something that didnt look right then by all means say so, but dont slate whats been done. Long ago there used to be an unwritten 'rule' that we dont comment if we have nothing constructive to say. Often these days we still say 'im not a fan, but if you like it thats all that counts.'. Exceptions obviously if its a green 'alien' Supra not owned by anyone on here.

Jazz. you may think its 'gay' but at least he can actually take photos of his car ;)

End of the day give me a day and could remove all the pink, only did it for fun and did it all myself. People liked it so it stayed. Will be making another trip over to the IOW this year as well :)

Incase people were wondering yes the engine bay matches :D

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/unlimited-styling/IMG_4886.jpg

I heard you were, but didn't know if anything was confirmed. :) That's great news. Looking forward to it.

Still finding the gay comments funny, would have thought in this day and age and the amount of pink everywhere now days people would have got over the whole "pink is gay" thing, fair enough if I had got for a barbie/baby pink but not neon pink.

I did only do the wheels and as pointed out after someone posted the pic below and suggested I do more pink, so its the clubs fault :p

Orange would not work with Purple, nor would green, yellow, etc etc, so wanted something to stand out, I give people credit for doing their own thing, like the car started out as an ICE car, picked up a few awards for that then get bored, now going down a different route :). It is a show Supra so it helps to be different, hopefully all you lovely people can come see the car at Japfest as believe I have been picked to enter the Yokohama Power & Style awards so car should be in the show paddock arena so please drop by to call me gay, tell me its Hideous, or just laugh.

Cheers to the folks that actually know me and have pointed out that I have the balls to be different and go against the grain, so if you don't like it don't do it to your car :)

Still finding the gay comments funny, would have thought in this day and age and the amount of pink everywhere now days people would have got over the whole "pink is gay" thing, fair enough if I had got for a barbie/baby pink but not neon pink.

I did only do the wheels and as pointed out after someone posted the pic below and suggested I do more pink, so its the clubs fault :p

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/03/26/10/32/2008_porsche_911_gt3_rs-pic-5762.jpeg

Orange would not work with Purple, nor would green, yellow, etc etc, so wanted something to stand out, I give people credit for doing their own thing, like the car started out as an ICE car, picked up a few awards for that then get bored, now going down a different route :). It is a show Supra so it helps to be different, hopefully all you lovely people can come see the car at Japfest as believe I have been picked to enter the Yokohama Power & Style awards so car should be in the show paddock arena so please drop by to call me gay, tell me its Hideous, or just laugh.

Cheers to the folks that actually know me and have pointed out that I have the balls to be different and go against the grain, so if you don't like it don't do it to your car :)

Don't worry, I'll happily call it gay in person:d

p.s. That Porsche does look nasty IMO, looks like a chav mobile.