The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do I need to go BPU?

Josh

Look, I'm sorry you (and seemingly many others) don't like the amount that I post. The only reason this has gone on for so long is because I want to make sure I get the best parts possible.

I could just give my car to one of the traders and get them to BPU it in a day but I want the satisfaction of knowing I got information on the best parts to do it and I can then shop around and get the best price possible.

Also I'm not going for the most posts possible, as I stated previously, I post to get involved.

Sorry to people I've annoyed/offended with this thread.

mate when i went bpu in stages the hks type r intercooler i went for transformed the car plus if you do deceide to go single it doesn need to be replaced

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 pages for what do I need for BPU :D

I answered that in post number 2 ;)

And is it BPU yet? is the BC installed? :Popcorn:

You didn't say which parts are best and you wouldn't have known without the input of all the other people.

I knew/know what parts I need/ed but I really wanted to find out which works the best :)

Nope, need a SMIC and FCD and that's it.

You didn't say which parts are best and you wouldn't have known without the input of all the other people.

I knew/know what parts I need/ed but I really wanted to find out which works the best :)

Nope, need a SMIC and FCD and that's it.

i dont think there is a "best" out there , there is a best for what cash you can afford / for purpose

You want an intercooler kit you could go for the following

Blitz LM V spec intercooler that will cost you 1k

LeeP's will cost you 400 notes

HKS type R will cost you 1.5k

HKS Type S will cost you 800 notes

so..... which is the best?

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

i dont think there is a "best" out there , there is a best for what cash you can afford

You want an intercooler kit you could go for the following

Blitz LM V spec intercooler that will cost you 1k

LeeP's will cost you 400 notes

HKS type R will cost you 1.5k

HKS Type S will cost you 800 notes

so..... which is the best?

That's easy, the most expensive one!

Actually, hold on a minute.... :D

You do have a point Scotty, very application is different, a bit like a which tyre is best question.

You do have a point Scotty, very application is different, a bit like a which tyre is best question.

Lol at abz :D

I know josh is very passionate about his car, arent we all. Just saying as above why spend 1.5k on a Blitz LM V spec like mine if 800 does the job etc. :eyebrows: A boost gauge is a boost gauge at the end of the day so buy what you can afford. The BPU page tells you what you need, what you dont, what is essential and what is not. From the first post he only needed a FCD boost controller and 2nd decat (and to check the stock SMIC situation) so thus the first post should have been something like......

Im going BPU and need the below as I have the rest

FCD

SMIC/FMIC

Boost controller

2nd decat

Any recommendations?

Resovled by post 10 :D

Lol at abz :D

I know josh is very passionate about his car, arent we all. Just saying as above why spend 1.5k on a Blitz LM V spec like mine if 800 does the job etc. :eyebrows: A boost gauge is a boost gauge at the end of the day so buy what you can afford. The BPU page tells you what you need, what you dont, what is essential and what is not. From the first post he only needed a FCD boost controller and 2nd decat (and to check the stock SMIC situation) so thus the first post should have been something like......

Resovled by post 10 :D

But after doing some asking, it appears the HKS FCD (which I was going to buy) isn't as good as other FCDs.

It's cool though, this wasn't resurrected by myself. I'm all sorted now.

Using a FMIC ruins the airflow through the engine bay, stick with SMIC unless going for big power.

Not exactly sure what you mean but my cars had the HKS R spec fitted for a few years now with no overheating problems

or any other problems

Not exactly sure what you mean but my cars had the HKS R spec fitted for a few years now with no overheating problems

or any other problems

It impedes the air flow through the engine bay, it probably won't ever overheat but the engine bay temp won't be as low as if you had a side mount. The air will take the path of least resistance which is to go around the FMIC but the stock SMIC uses differences in air pressure to force air through the inter-cooler making it also more efficient than FMIC. Obviously a SMIC will have its efficiency range when a FMIC becomes more efficient due to its bigger surface area. But core design plays a massive part in the efficiency of any inter-cooler, so a decent SMIC will be better than a cheap FMIC.

Have you actually done some tests then ?

The engine bay area is still getting the same amount of air shoved through it, i'd guess seeing as i've got a much

bigger opening in my TRD front bumper over stock i'd say its possibly more, i think youd probably find that the water

radiator is more of a factor than an FMIC ever will be.

I've not done any tests other than my car is still going strong on its original turbos etc and runs pretty faultlessly

still at a genuine 131,000 miles so its obviously not a problem

I'll stick with my fmic set up over some chinese cored smic any day.