The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do I need to go BPU?

Josh

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't NEED a boost controller but doesn't do any harm :)

Mine was running years without one

Uk and jspec decats are different. I'd get one from whifbits to make sure your getting the right one

Lol I asked which Fuel Cut Defender I need lol :p

Cool, I'll check the Whifbitz site :)

Edit: http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-exhausts-down-pipes-decat-downpipes-garage-whifbitz-p-2120.html found it :)

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

For the sake of £20 i'd go with the Whifbitz decat josh. They also do boost controllers there if you want one, HKS is a good brand. AFR guage isnt essential, but its good to have to make sure your not running rich/lean at any point. What boost are you going for, 1.2 or 1.4? Dan

You're in for a right treat. The first time you take a full BPU past 4k rpm on WOT is something else, though the manual box doesn't deliver it in such a theatrical manner.

If you have the money... a new pair of y-fronts.

Lol, sounds good to me :). I fancy having a go at a few track days so the manual 'box will come into its own there :)

For the sake of £20 i'd go with the Whifbitz decat josh. They also do boost controllers there if you want one, HKS is a good brand. AFR guage isnt essential, but its good to have to make sure your not running rich/lean at any point. What boost are you going for, 1.2 or 1.4? Dan

Cool, yeah I'll go for the Whifbitz one :). May get it ordered tomorrow ;). I'll be going for about 1.2bar to start with then if I want to change/up it I'll get a boost controller.

Josh, dont buy parts for the Supra from ebay.

Theres a good lad. Whifbitz or 2nd hand parts from our classifieds.

Cheers dude, as of midnight I've been paid. I'll order myself a Whifbitz decat.

What FCD would you guys go for?

Thanks all!

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

I'm not 100% on the UK specs, but i think you'll need a Boost Controller to raise it 1.2 bar mate once its decatted.

Yeah, the BPU page says that the boost will only go slightly above stock levels to 0.85bar or so and I'll need a boost controller to raise it with a UK spec.

I think I'll speak to Whifbitz for the boost controller, FCD and 2nd decat.

Thank you :)

Yeah, the BPU page says that the boost will only go slightly above stock levels to 0.85bar or so and I'll need a boost controller to raise it with a UK spec.

I think I'll speak to Whifbitz for the boost controller, FCD and 2nd decat.

Thank you :)

you will need a boost controller it just so happens i have a brand new hks evcs controller for sale its very nice and slim and in black.

you will need a boost controller it just so happens i have a brand new hks evcs controller for sale its very nice and slim and in black.

Right on, now we're talkin'! Any chance you can PM me details of it and a price?

Thanks.

Hks fcd.

Cool, thank you. I'll take that into account when buying one :thumbs:

Colder grade plugs as your raising the boost?

It all ready has colder grade plugs fitted. Si did tell me what they were but I can't remember so I'll look through all the receipts/service manual and speak to him about it.

Cheers :)

HKS FCD or Turbosmart FCD's are very good as well, especially the FCD 2, see here for details.

Can the Turbosmart be used with an HKS ECV-S boost controller? Just noticed it says on your website it's to be used in conjunction with a Turbosmart boost controller.