The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do I need to go BPU?

Josh

What make of FCD is best?

GReddy BCC or HKS FCD, but any will do the job.

What make of boost controller is best?

EBC - Blitz SBC i-Colour Spec R or HKS EVC VI. I prefer the HKS EVC

MBC - Ball and spring type

Where can I get a good 2nd decat from as I've seen them range from £80 to £200 on Ebay?

Speak to the traders on here.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GReddy BCC or HKS FCD, but any will do the job.

EBC - Blitz SBC i-Colour Spec R or HKS EVC VI. I prefer the HKS EVC

MBC - Ball and spring type

Speak to the traders on here.

Cheers for that :thumbs:

I've been offered a new HKS EVC-S so I think I'll go with that.

I'll look about for a FCD and post up on here with one that I find before committing to buy.

I think I'll go for the Whifbitz 2nd decat, thanks.

Just need to check with Si about the spark plugs and ask some questions about the intercooler and I'll be ready to go!

Thanks all :)

I used ngk 6097 for plugs. You don't really need a front mount at this point, the stock unit performs well enough. Keep in mind you won't be able to keep the active spoiler with a front mount.

Cheers mate. I may have to change the stock IC though as (unless Si tells me differently) it's 16 years old. I'll find out if it's ever been changed as the car was singled before so it would have been changed then and so I'll have to see if the original is the one on there.

I didn't know your car was converted back to twins... Third time I have seen that then.

Yeah it was bignum's before. He had it singled to about 520bhp then put it back to stock for sale. Then I bought it. Now I'm upping the power again :D

Ok just spoken to Si. Looks like the car has Denso IK22/24 plugs so they'll be ok as they are (obviously until the next service..).

The car still has the original FMIC so as that's 16 years old, it'll need replacing. Any recommendations as to a good FMIC or possibly SMIC? I see there was a group buy on a Chris Wilson SMIC a bit ago, how have they been for the people that bought one?

Edit: Would I be all right just replacing the stock FMIC with this or one similar? http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-intercoolers-garage-whifbitz-p-4932.html

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

why don't you just buy the stage 4 performance kit from Paul Whiffin, then you have everything you need.

If I can just take certain parts then I could. I know the spark plugs would be useful for when the current ones need changing and I all ready have a 1st decat.

I'll look into it. Cheers :)

Oh and there's all ready an uprated fuel pump fitted.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

Why not just PM Paul and ask him to give you a price for a 2nd Decat, Boost Controller, FMIC and FCD and get a good deal on the whole lot rather than trying to pick different bits from individually. I imagine he'll do you a good deal, especially if you have Whifbitz do the fitting. So much easier

Why not just PM Paul and ask him to give you a price for a 2nd Decat, Boost Controller, FMIC and FCD and get a good deal on the whole lot rather than trying to pick different bits from individually. I imagine he'll do you a good deal, especially if you have Whifbitz do the fitting. So much easier

You make a good point :)

I think I'd like to fit the parts myself for experience and as I enjoy messing about with cars and the satisfaction when things go right :)

if have done the same thing, had already some parts for bpu, just give him a call and work it out. just delete the parts on the list that you don't need and let him give you a quote.

Cheers for that.

Hideous really.

Most people would of been told to use the search button and that would of been it, but not Josh he managed to drag his spirited drive out for a long time aswell.

But I like to get up to date responses as things may have changed and new products may have come out.

I also like to post :eyebrows:

Hideous really.

Most people would of been told to use the search button and that would of been it, but not Josh he managed to drag his spirited drive out for a long time aswell.

He was told on the first few posts to go to the BPU thread and speak to the traders from here. But, as you say, he managed to drag it out, post lot, get the count up!

He was told on the first few posts to go to the BPU thread and speak to the traders from here. But, as you say, he managed to drag it out, post lot, get the count up!

I actually thought I'd get better and more comprehensive ideas and experiences if I posted any questions in here. I've been in contact with some of the traders and members by PM but I thought there may be some more information to be had in here.

I don't post to get my count up. I post to get involved and get information.

I'm off out to a house party later so at least I won't be on here for a few hours for you guys to get some peace and quiet :p