The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do I need to go BPU?

Josh

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to overtake Mallets Mallet soon lol. Tbh Josh, your making a mountain out of a mole hill, you dont NEED every drop of available information possible, your going BPU, not climbing Mount Everest. Just go with one of the reccommendations of the Traders and you'll be more than satisfied. Simples...

The car still has the original FMIC so as that's 16 years old, it'll need replacing.

Original stock intercooler is side mounted not front mounted. What condition are the cooling fins in? If missing, corroded and crumbling to the touch then yes it'll need replacing.

Any recommendations as to a good FMIC or possibly SMIC?

I'd go with CW SMIC, GReddy Spec-LS FMIC or HKS S-Type FMIC

Original stock intercooler is side mounted not front mounted. What condition are the cooling fins in? If missing, corroded and crumbling to the touch then yes it'll need replacing.

I'd go with CW SMIC, GReddy Spec-LS FMIC or HKS S-Type FMIC

I've had a look and it looks to be in good condition but I've not touched it yet so I'm not sure.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Only because I want to do it properly.

Thanks for your input.

Giving your car to Whifbitz, AFR or SRD would of had it it done properly, personally I just think you want to get as many posts a day as you can and climb the leader board of most posts:rolleyes:.

Giving your car to Whifbitz, AFR or SRD would of had it it done properly, personally I just think you want to get as many posts a day as you can and climb the leader board of most posts:rolleyes:.

Look, I'm sorry you (and seemingly many others) don't like the amount that I post. The only reason this has gone on for so long is because I want to make sure I get the best parts possible.

I could just give my car to one of the traders and get them to BPU it in a day but I want the satisfaction of knowing I got information on the best parts to do it and I can then shop around and get the best price possible.

Also I'm not going for the most posts possible, as I stated previously, I post to get involved.

Sorry to people I've annoyed/offended with this thread.

But speaking to one of the traders you would of know in 5mins the best parts to use or been advised on what to go for.

Your car could of been bpu'ed by a garage and you could be driving round enjoying the extra horses for the length of time this thread has been dragged out.

But speaking to one of the traders you would of know in 5mins the best parts to use or been advised on what to go for.

Your car could of been bpu'ed by a garage and you could be driving round enjoying the extra horses for the length of time this thread has been dragged out.

Ok fair enough, but then I pay full price for the parts whereas now I'm all ready getting a boost controller at the weekend at a decent discount from a member and I want to fit it all myself.

I'm in no rush to BPU it as I won't want the extra power until the weather improves and I know the car even better :)

And also to add that our traders don't just pay and become authortised, they are voted in and checked against service and feedback, so you ARE getting the best.

Oh, definitely. I agree they do seem to know what they're on about and they would do a cracking job if I asked them to. I've all ready been in contact with a couple of them about parts and prices so I'll carry on with this via PM.

Thanks to all the people who posted helpful information in here and I'll give an update once I've got it all together.

I don't agree.

I think Josh is absolutely right to ask for opinions/recommendations here on an open forum, we have some good traders on the forum and they are free to post their views/opinions here just as easily as by pm. If I was new to the Supra and didn't have experience of any particular trader, I would prefer to ask for advice and recommendations here where I'd hope I'd get a balanced view.

I don't agree.

I think Josh is absolutely right to ask for opinions/recommendations here on an open forum, we have some good traders on the forum and they are free to post their views/opinions here just as easily as by pm. If I was new to the Supra and didn't have experience of any particular trader, I would prefer to ask for advice and recommendations here where I'd hope I'd get a balanced view.

What 6 pages worth Nic, Im not saying he isnt doing the right thing everyone likes to get a bargain and get things as cheap as they can but IMO and thats all its is MO that he is dragging it out mor ethan is needed.

Im sure Josh you will get what your after and you will certainly enjoy been bpu.

Ah cool, would that be ok to handle the increase boost of BPU?

Any chance you've got the part number to hand? Thanks.

Yes a stock SMIC in good condition will be fine at BPU levels, the stock SMIC is ducted to make it as efficient as possible.

17940-46070 Toyota Intercooler

Yes a stock SMIC in good condition will be fine at BPU levels, the stock SMIC is ducted to make it as efficient as possible.

17940-46070 Toyota Intercooler

Thank you very much, I'll contact Toyota about one.

Much appreciated :thumbs:

What 6 pages worth Nic, Im not saying he isnt doing the right thing everyone likes to get a bargain and get things as cheap as they can but IMO and thats all its is MO that he is dragging it out mor ethan is needed.

Im sure Josh you will get what your after and you will certainly enjoy been bpu.

I'd agree Josh is a complete post whore :) but he comes across to me as a new Supra owner who is very enthusiastic and eager to learn.

Josh perhaps rather than multiple threads/posts asking lots of different questions maybe it would be better to think of everything you want to know/ask at the beginning and then keep the questions as clear and concise as possible including all necessary information and keep the chat to a minimum.

I don't agree.

Thanks for your good attitude Nic. I have found you to be one of the most helpful guys on this forum..

There are alot of us that are new to the Supra, heck I am only picking my car up tomorrow, it will be the 3rd time that I am sitting in a Supra, let alone drive it..

Nobody in my country knows anything abt these cars, so this forum was like heaven for me when it came to info on the Supra..

There is alot of info on this forum, and thanks to all that have contributed, it does make things easier for us newbies.. But there is always gonna be a time when the info is not 100% clear and conformation is required..

Josh seems to be a fussy guy, and makes sure things are done right, which is the only way to do things..

In closing, please bear with us newbies, we all start the path to 1000bhp at different times in life!

I'd agree Josh is a complete post whore :) but he comes across to me as a new Supra owner who is very enthusiastic and eager to learn.

Josh perhaps rather than multiple threads/posts asking lots of different questions maybe it would be better to think of everything you want to know/ask at the beginning and then keep the questions as clear and concise as possible including all necessary information and keep the chat to a minimum.

In fairness, that is a good idea, suppose it does keep the forum clean...

Thanks for your good attitude Nic. I have found you to be one of the most helpful guys on this forum..

There are alot of us that are new to the Supra, heck I am only picking my car up tomorrow, it will be the 3rd time that I am sitting in a Supra, let alone drive it..

Nobody in my country knows anything abt these cars, so this forum was like heaven for me when it came to info on the Supra..

There is alot of info on this forum, and thanks to all that have contributed, it does make things easier for us newbies.. But there is always gonna be a time when the info is not 100% clear and conformation is required..

Josh seems to be a fussy guy, and makes sure things are done right, which is the only way to do things..

In closing, please bear with us newbies, we all start the path to 1000bhp at different times in life!

Exactly. This is my first step into the world of modifying. The only modification I've done before is to buy aftermarket wheels for my Golf.

Sorry for dragging this out, I just want to make sure I do it right and don't b*gger it up :)

• 2 months later...
I hate it when these threads come to such a short and abrupt end :(

Did the guy get the girl? Was the world saved in the last few minutes? What boost controller did Josh get?

Good resurrection!

I got the girl. The world was indeed saved and I got an HKS EVC-S.

Good day!