hodge

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks very tidy

It's coming together now Rob. Things have really slowed down unfortunately. It's time for all the really fiddly bits to get done and it's VERY time consuming indeed.

I had the electrics powered up last night too so all is good there.

Jobs left to do are:-

Turbo water lines and fit thermosleeve to all lines,

Make heatshields for turbos,

Make up and fit wastegate lines,

Make line up for FPR to rail,

Secure battery in the boot,

Fit alternator,

Finish big breather (bolt through the inner wing,

Fit downpipe Y-piece,

Fit midpipe,

Rewire foglight,

Secure accelerator pedal need to make a bracket,

Make looms up for throttle and pedal,

Wire in electric fans,

Think that's about it (I think lol)

It's coming together now Rob. Things have really slowed down unfortunately. It's time for all the really fiddly bits to get done and it's VERY time consuming indeed.

I had the electrics powered up last night too so all is good there.

Jobs left to do are:-

Turbo water lines and fit thermosleeve to all lines,

Make heatshields for turbos,

Make up and fit wastegate lines,

Make line up for FPR to rail,

Secure battery in the boot,

Fit alternator,

Finish big breather (bolt through the inner wing,

Fit downpipe Y-piece,

Fit midpipe,

Rewire foglight,

Secure accelerator pedal need to make a bracket,

Make looms up for throttle and pedal,

Wire in electric fans,

Think that's about it (I think lol)

The main thing I can help with is to get the alternator, so I've just the Eagle 200Amp alternator ordered and shipped direct to Hodge's. Tick!

The main thing I can help with is to get the alternator, so I've just the Eagle 200Amp alternator ordered and shipped direct to Hodge's. Tick!

Shitingggggg lol.

On rest day today, just been for a 40 min run and now I'm going to sit and watch some Airwolf DVDs with COCO (my dog), that Johnny kindly brought up for me Saturday.

Top bloke.

Blimey thats a bargain when compared to what PHR charge for the 175 race alternator ($799) hope it works out, good for any members with lots of extra electrics.

As you say, thats well worth a punt at that price.

My phr race has worked a treat, when the twin fans cut in there is no drop in revs at all now.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/srdpics053.jpg

Blimey thats a bargain when compared to what PHR charge for the 175 race alternator ($799) hope it works out, good for any members with lots of extra electrics.

My phr race has worked a treat, when the twin fans cut in there is no drop in revs at all now.

Yes mate - with going for the twin fans in mine too - and a bit of a big ICE install (3 amps, TV, iPod, etc) I need more amperage - so that, with a Yellow Top battery will hopefully do the trick.

Once I get it fitted I'll do a few tests and post up the results.

Any reason you've decided to route the charge pipes through the RHS wing, and not straight forward from the turbos to the intercooler? I was under the impression shorter pipes meant better throttle response & less lag, not to mention cleaner engine bay.

Any reason you've decided to route the charge pipes through the RHS wing, and not straight forward from the turbos to the intercooler? I was under the impression shorter pipes meant better throttle response & less lag, not to mention cleaner engine bay.

The charge pipes came as a part of the kit. I would have preferred dropping it down past the anti-roll bar but the Y-piece does look very nice.

Done quite a bit on this over the last week since I updated it last but it's just un-noticeable stuff really like wiring ETC.

I however did make up the turbo heatshields yesterday amongst other things so here's a few pics for you.

attachment.php?attachmentid=131421&stc=1&d=1303754576

attachment.php?attachmentid=131422&stc=1&d=1303754576

attachment.php?attachmentid=131423&stc=1&d=1303754591

attachment.php?attachmentid=131418&stc=1&d=1303754576

attachment.php?attachmentid=131419&stc=1&d=1303754576

attachment.php?attachmentid=131420&stc=1&d=1303754576

I'm hoping to finish off the breather kit today. I've got the waste gate pipes and some mikalor clamps to order tomorrow. All being well (lol) I'm hoping to finish it next weekend.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

Sweet bud, what else is left to do?

Just a thought, the 2 breather braided line pipes, would they not better going straight back and along the back of the engine for more tidyness, instead on going over the engine so to speak?