The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My hammerite diy respray

evinX

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legendary car designer, Giorgetto Giugiaro was said to be very unimpressed with the Triumph TR7. Upon seeing the car for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show in 1975, he looked at one side and said nothing. Then he went around to the other side and said;

"Oh my God! They’ve done it to the other side as well!"

The comments of the 1999 crowned "car designer of the century" would be interesting I should think if he appraised evinX's work, but perhaps we should spare the great designer this, in his old age? :)

Legendary car designer, Giorgetto Giugiaro was said to be very unimpressed with the Triumph TR7. Upon seeing the car for the first time at the Geneva Motor Show in 1975, he looked at one side and said nothing. Then he went around to the other side and said;

"Oh my God! They’ve done it to the other side as well!"

The comments of the 1999 crowned "car designer of the century" would be interesting I should think if he appraised evinX's work, but perhaps we should spare the great designer this, in his old age? :)

What on earth are ya on about CW?

:D

legendary car designer, giorgetto giugiaro was said to be very unimpressed with the triumph tr7. Upon seeing the car for the first time at the geneva motor show in 1975, he looked at one side and said nothing. Then he went around to the other side and said;

"oh my god! They’ve done it to the other side as well!"

the comments of the 1999 crowned "car designer of the century" would be interesting i should think if he appraised evinx's work, but perhaps we should spare the great designer this, in his old age? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice choice, but they dont last long, you'll have a lot of maintenance on your hands :)

Im looking for a set in need of a refurb, then get irbar to strip them down, polish the lip and paint the centres....wait for it, in satin silver:D

Congrats on getting it completed Kev :) Still not liking the paint finish as it looks like it's in primer, but it's a sure improvement.

If there was one thing to *really* improve the look is getting rid of those headlight covers, they look absolutely awful!

classic style.

Defo! love the old school jdm style

Congrats on getting it completed Kev :) Still not liking the paint finish as it looks like it's in primer, but it's a sure improvement.

If there was one thing to *really* improve the look is getting rid of those headlight covers, they look absolutely awful!

Thanks homer, eyelids stay though:D

smaller front plate, smoked front indicators and smoked side repeaters

All of those thing are likely to get me pulled, plus i like the uk std size plate at the front, stock lighting all round, id play with the plates and lighting if my supra was stock though

Hi,

I really like what you've done to the car in regards to the paint job :)

One day I plan to get a cheap Soarer etc and paint it matt black or NATO green. Can you post up a link for the paint you used?

Well done :)

The nato green is really cool, but there isnt a colour similar to it

http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/images/products/232743.jpg

I was completely wrong Evin, now it's finished I have to say it's the best looking supra I've ever seen - and all done for £8.25. What a project. I love the mat black finished against the 3 spoke wheels, and keeping the orange repeaters on is a stroke of genius. defo one of the only cars out there with a VS kit that looks good

:thumbs:

I was completely wrong Evin, now it's finished I have to say it's the best looking supra I've ever seen - and all done for £8.25. What a project. I love the mat black finished against the 3 spoke wheels, and keeping the orange repeaters on is a stroke of genius. defo one of the only cars out there with a VS kit that looks good

:thumbs:

Are you for real? :blink: :faint:

• 2 weeks later...