The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My hammerite diy respray

evinX

Looking good mate, you must have forearms like popeye!!

If your after a set of wheels mate, I've got these 18" staggered ones in the garage I'm sure we could do a deal on, I'm in Northampton and Wellingborough this week. They need some TLC though.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=116937&stc=1&d=1284323349

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a pile right now, dust all over from leveling the gravel ont he drive! all that sanding done on it, parts going all around the car. I forked out £12 for a bloody chamois cloth, wipe the car wet, let it dry and it looks superb, might give it a wipe tomorrow!

Looking good mate, you must have forearms like popeye!!

If your after a set of wheels mate, I've got these 18" staggered ones in the garage I'm sure we could do a deal on, I'm in Northampton and Wellingborough this week. They need some TLC though.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=116937&stc=1&d=1284323349

Hmmm nah mate, i want mean wheels, to bling bling mercedes style for me

i can appreciate the work that has gone into this, especially at 20 and without proper facilities, also i can respect the fact you've tried something different, it takes guts. :thumbs: but if i'm honest, i really don't think it looks good, my deep hatered for the vielside kit means i was never going to be a lover of this from the start but i just don't think the matt black paint looks good at all, if anything you've managed to make the car look it's age, even though i usually think the supra has aged well.

it's your car in the end though, and it's what you think of the car that matters, i guess not everyone will like the end results. :)

remove the eye brows...other then that well done, It does look very smooth but then the camera is a good concealer.

Im more interested in how its held up in 6months time.

Invest in a water filter as well so you can filter into a bucket for washing the car, that way you wont get limescale marks from hard water (or at least less)

Thanks, my camera is to nice to be honest, the car is well dirty atm but you cant see it standing 1-2 meters away:S which is a good thing i guess as it will get dirty alot, loving it though.

Im decided on something else to, early next year im going to going abroad and ill be taking the supra with me:DYAY