The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

Brilliant thread! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks, I definitely will!

keep up the good work :)

Thanks mate - cars like yours are a true inspiration, great mod list you have there!

Man if i was you, id just buy a late model shell and order every single part to build a complete supra, sweet build, i wish i could do this:D

I already had purchased the Supra which I had been driving for a while when I decided to restore it. As the parts were all stripped, I basically did exactly what you said - provided a shell and ordered every single part to complete it :-).

Im sure you could find a brand new shell in storage somewhere. Now that would be nice and more than likely the newest supra in the world lol.

Haha that would be nice, I doubt it though (I know there are some gems hiding away, but the odds of finding an untouched one...) Besides, as you will see later on, every possible part of the shell/car was replace with new parts except the shell itself (and even that was sandblasted and taken back to metal before being treated, coated and resprayed).

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best threads ive ever read, just so much dedication and effort going into this project. Will be a rare example when its finished. :thumbs:

Mods: Should this not be moved to 'Project Cars'? Has to be one of the most detailed and complete projects on the forum.

This is insane..:) Never seen so many OEM parts being bought for a supra.

Great build Thread.

Is there a copy of this on supraforums?

Thanks, the thread should get a lot more interesting as I add more posts ;)

Awesome build, love the attention to detail, keep up the good work :)

Thanks, definitely will do!

Unbelievable mate, I would love to have the money, time and know how to do something like this to a Supra. It's going to look brand new!

Can't wait to see the end result might even warrant an excuse to go to Australia again!

Wheres abouts in oz are you mate?

The word 'epic' gets batted around a bit often, but this is truely an epic build!

Looking forward to following this as the thread develops. The Toyota parts department must bloody love you! I also now how expensive OEM parts are. All that must have cost a lamborghini. Still, I noticed there's no mention of replacement door cards.... even The Sultan of Dubai would struggle coming to terms with paying the price of them!! :D

I have to say though, it's a shame you couldn't have started off the job with a 2002 facelift model considering you want everything as new as possible. I think it's the only thing missing from your build, the right base car.

Thanks Mitchell & Tony! (p.s. congrats Mitchell on the win @ Japshow!)

The word 'epic' gets batted around a bit often, but this is truely an epic build!

Looking forward to following this as the thread develops. The Toyota parts department must bloody love you! I also now how expensive OEM parts are. All that must have cost a lamborghini. Still, I noticed there's no mention of replacement door cards.... even The Sultan of Dubai would struggle coming to terms with paying the price of them!! :D

I have to say though, it's a shame you couldn't have started off the job with a 2002 facelift model considering you want everything as new as possible. I think it's the only thing missing from your build, the right base car.

Thanks Matt, coming from someone with such a unique Supra is quite flattering!

There are a lot of parts I haven't mentioned yet :-) I did get brand new door cards as the following PM history between Nic (Import Pimp) and myself shows (also some of the parts he was kind enough to supply me with that have not all been shown yet in the thread). Note that this was a while ago so prices have probably skyrocketed since:

Thanks Nic that is much better than expected!

Can you please calculate the total including shipping and order these for me? I will send payment as soon as you let me know how much I owe you!

Cheers,

David.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nic

Hi David

67620-1D490-C0 Toyota Door Card = AU$706 + postage

67650-14720- C0 Toyota Door Card = AU$830 + postage

cheers

Nic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno

Hi Nic,

When I buy these parts off you in the next few weeks, can you also supply OEM door cards? Or do you only deal in the small bits? If you can supply me these, can you please get me prices (including delivery)?

Parts I'm looking for are:

67620-1D490-C0

67650-14720-C0

Thanks!

David.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nic

Hi David

Here you go:

58911-14121-C0 Box Assy, Console, Rear = AU$248 inc postage

62210-14060-C0 Front Pillar LHS = AU$84 inc postage

62220-14060-C0 Front Pillar RHS = AU$86 inc postage

55502-14060-C0 Upper Glove box door = AU$171 inc postage

55550-14180-C0 Lower Glove Box Door = AU$162 inc postage

cheers

Nic

Edited by Inferno (see edit history)

Thanks Matt, coming from someone with such a unique Supra is quite flattering!

There are a lot of parts I haven't mentioned yet :-) the following PM history between Nic (Import Pimp) and myself shows some of the parts he was kind enough to supply me with that have not all been shown yet in the thread:

Ah, so you have gone for new door cards! :D All I can say is wow! you're not doing this by half at all! Should be an exquiste surpa once done mate, all due to all the OEM replaces I anticipate it holding value well :thumbs:

I've bought quite a lot of stuff from Nic in the past as well. Knowledgable guy. I also went for some new OEM parts to make the car look less old. The leather was the main thing, so I also bought a new gear lever, handbrake etc.

P.s, make sure you buy a mountain load of polish and protector for all that chrome! It's a pain to keep on top of and can easily ruin if not kept on top off.