The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
This is the Supra that made me do my own project.

Thank you very much for all the advice on the wheel mate, I have the exact same wheel on the car now.

Here is a picture of the wheel for you :)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/jaysnw/DSC_0412.jpg

Out of interest what are the specs of these? I have the same HREs on my Supra, but sadly they don't look half as good as these! Looking to get mine re-dished.

someone with way to much money to burn if you ask me, nice car tho. but for the money spent on this id probaly buy something exotic

An buying an exotic car isn't burning money?! :D

At least this will appreciate in value rather than plummet in value and will work.

someone with way to much money to burn if you ask me, nice car tho. but for the money spent on this id probaly buy something exotic

First post pal:

The Beginning - The Purchase:

It was 2005 and I had just finished putting myself through university. Never having been a "car person", I was totally clueless when it came to cars and only saw them as a means of getting from A to B. However, I needed a car as I was sick of taking public transport everywhere, so I decided to start looking for something interesting. I knew I wanted a sports car, but I also found out that in Australia, decent sports cars cost an insane amount of money. To put this into perspective, lets look at the Porsche 911 Carrera. At the time of writing this, in the US, a new one retails for USD$87000 (AUD$96000). Guess how much it costs in Australia? USD$202000 (AUD$225000). How about a BMW M3? In the US it will set you back USD$70000 (AUD$78000), here in Australia it will cost you USD$153000 (AUD$170000).

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Robert1981

I am absolutely stunned by this car. I have been quietly reading a few supra builds with the idea of maybe buying one. Having read Hodge and Ibrar builds i moved onto this one after much referencing. I simply have not seen a build like it, such a shame it's been sold, that's one lucky buyer !!

Bob

• 2 months later...

Sold for $45 AUD by the looks of it : http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/topic/74294-fs-syd-my-supra-restored-and-built-from-the-ground-up/?hl=inferno

If I knew I would have bought it as well.

One perfect Supra.

That is a tough one to hear. If there was a way of getting it over to the UK then I would buy it. I bet the cost of the car alone is out of my budget though.

Fantastic car IMO.

H.

This is criminal!!! How can someone have the heart to strip a car that's had that much time and effort put into it! This is one of my favourite Supra's ever and has got to be one of the top modified examples in the world, as the attention to detail in the build is nothing short of amazing! Metal custom fabricated rear TRD arches FFS!

From what I can read on the Aus forum, it's being stripped due to issues with trying to re-register it over there properly. It's so sad to see :-( I wonder how much it would end up costing to import? The sale price was rediculously low (about 24,000GBP) looking at what it cost to build (well over 100K GBP) and looked to be bargain of the century! There must be someone on here with the funds to save the car? I know I'd have been very tempted if I hadn't just bought mine.

• 1 month later...