The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question.. I remember a thead along time ago about a similar OEM build. It was linked to the Oz supra site and detailed an Australian guy replacing everything with new OEM. We were all in awe then. This wasn't you is it?

I don't believe anyone has actually ever done a full replacement with new OEM. A lot of guys on the AU forums have started down the path, intending to do a complete restoration, but then realised what a mammoth effort it requires and have bailed on the project!

this is some build. :D

Thank you Geo, your car is definitely one of the most amazing looking Supras on the forums!

As project threads go, you win:cool:

Jamie, what can I say... without a doubt, one of the hottest black stock looking Supras on the PLANET - thank you for the kind words.

was gona say dude, he even tops yours.

And yours was pretty god dam mental also :D

I don't know about that... but there is still LOTS more to come!

I think you will be able to build another supra with old parts after this is done.

Good job

Thanks, I sure could - but it would be a Supra with old parts :) wouldn't look too impressive!

Bloody hell. I am so jealous of your build (and budget). When I had my car resprayed I replaced all external trim, lights etc and that cost me a good £1500 in parts.

I can only imagine how much this is costing you.

Its a pleasure to see such dedication and commitment. You should apply to Toyota to get the car a 2010 registration :)

Bloody hell. I am so jealous of your build (and budget). When I had my car resprayed I replaced all external trim, lights etc and that cost me a good £1500 in parts.

I can only imagine how much this is costing you.

Its a pleasure to see such dedication and commitment. You should apply to Toyota to get the car a 2010 registration :)

Thank you - it has been a lot of hard work and long hours, but definitely worth every second and cent spent on the project!

thats got to be the sexiest exhaust manifold i have ever seen, awesome work with the fabrication.

It is an amazing piece of work isn't it? Look's and sounds unbelievable!

Cool, looking forward to seeing how the after market Seq' turbo system performs then. I'll hold my horses, but I'm gaggin to see the power graphs.

Coming very soon!

There will be some numbers coming up in the next couple of posts - first the untuned initial run when it was first fired up, then successive tunes. Patience patience!

The whole system was constantly being updated, fine tuned, tweaked and improved (transition point of the turbos, tuning of the fuel setup, operating point of the QSV's and other to be revealed components etc), so power numbers grow and grow over the build :-)

Coming very soon!

There will be some numbers coming up in the next couple of posts - first the untuned initial run when it was first fired up, then successive tunes. Patience patience!

The whole system was constantly being updated, fine tuned, tweaked and improved (transition point of the turbos, tuning of the fuel setup, operating point of the QSV's and other to be revealed components etc), so power numbers grow and grow over the build :-)

I'll stay tunned then :)

I think this is what they call a nut and bolt restoration - and then some! Great project thread.

P.S. didn't JP post a sneaky preview link to this build?

Thanks Ed - your car is a real inspiration. It really impresses me when people step outside and do something different! Possibly he posted the youtube video in the intial post?

Enjoyed what I've read so far (upto post 29), look forward to the rest! :)

Thank you, love the stock look of your supra!

:yeahthat:

Absolutely amazing build!

Thanks James - shame about your old Supra, that was a real stunner!

Well, a very good, well written thread. Fantastic work, I look forward to the next installment.

Cheers Gaz, looking forward to the next installment myself! Should be a bit later today ;)

Amazing!

I have to admire your commitment and dedication to this project, must be costing you more than a pretty penny!

Must be great to know though that when you finish it you'll have a car that's had so many things renewed. As you say, an '09/10 Supra :thumbs: