The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inferno's Supra: Restored & Built From The Ground Up

Inferno

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing!

I have to admire your commitment and dedication to this project, must be costing you more than a pretty penny!

Must be great to know though that when you finish it you'll have a car that's had so many things renewed. As you say, an '09/10 Supra :thumbs:

Thank you! Having a new Supra was definitely the plan ;) p.s. Your Supra is a real stunner - love the TS front and stock sides combination!

That is one of the best engine bays i've ever seen it looks stunning!

Thank you foggy, but believe me, the pictures so far are _nothing_. There is still a LOT more to come and the way the engine bay looks now puts those pictures to shame ;)

Yyy...this build is sick! Mate, are you a president or sth?

Haha I wish, not a president, just a lover of Supras!

have a word lol, this build is awesome and probley going to be the best this forum will ever see.

fair play i think, i know i would do the same if funds were on my side.

Thanks Mitchell!

I like the covers hiding all the pipes, etc by the sides of the engine. Nice way of cleaning it up.

Cheers Ed, the covers look amazing now that they are powdercoated to match the engine bay, just wait until you see them finished!

How much did this cost start to finish Inferno?? Must have been a bloody fortune !?

Ouch, there is a painful question ;) the answer is "a lot", but also that I have no regrets and would do it again if I were presented the choice a second time!

Gotta say wow, but i dont understand one thing, i have visited MVP PHR and Sound performance all excellent shops with excellent facilities and alot of experience with supras, so why ship it too texas then to Chicago either of them could of done the complete build.

Sorry if am missing something

Oh and the purpose of the car show/drag ??? the chromed sump is just crazy unless the car is gonna be trailored to shows and parked on a mirror will last 5 mins on the road.

Sorry i sound down on your project am not its gonna be a amazing car

My first discussions were with Dusty in regards to having the engine fully built and that he would oversee the project. This is why it was shipped to Texas.

However, once the sequential twin turbo kit came into the picture, it was clear that it would make much more sense to have it trailered to Sound Performance for the rest of the build as there was so much fabrication and customisation involved.

The car is a multi-purpose car and will not be limited to anything really, but to be honest, it will not be a daily driver - more of a weekend car that I can enjoy when I occasionally get some time off!

Thanks for the well wishes and I wish you the best with your move to the states!

you know what i like most about this entire thread and thats the fact that no amount of money is spared its a build without compromise yeah some would say you could buy a lambo for that money but its a pure labour of love its like all the best bits of every build thread ive ever seen on here are all compiled into this one vehicle.........

its exactly what id do if id won the lottery

you can't stop there!!!.....MORE MORE :cool:

Coming tonight, I promise! :)

Noooo! it's worse than LOST for keeping you in suspense!! Just a teaser into the body work and then a cliff hanger!

Fully enjoyed reading the thread. Pictures speak a thosand words.

Haha, thanks Matt, so many more pics to come... sorting through them all!

OW man! thats the worst place to leave the thread! lol

i badly want to see the body work! quick quick! cant wait any longer!

Tonight for sure, plenty more pics!

you know what i like most about this entire thread and thats the fact that no amount of money is spared its a build without compromise yeah some would say you could buy a lambo for that money but its a pure labour of love its like all the best bits of every build thread ive ever seen on here are all compiled into this one vehicle.........

its exactly what id do if id won the lottery

Thanks tooley, it is/was truly a labour of love and I would not hesitate to do it again if I had the choice ;) very kind of you to say that!