The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2010 Weekender - Discussion thread

Branners

I think you should say no to any mini's running on saturday in that case, how many of them are allowed to sign up to run?

ahead of you there. I will be removing my flexible nature on this one so they wont be enjoying our day at all.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you should say no to any mini's running on saturday in that case, how many of them are allowed to sign up to run?

:yeahthat:

That's going to screw the weekend up, I was hoping for a nice day of racing then all getting lashed together.

Are there alternatives brewing?

The option is to go back to using Billing Aquadrome at Northampton and set the hotel as the Premier Inn there. But last time i checked they had run out of rooms so everybody would need to camp.

There is also a camp site at a country park on the way towards Pod but never used it so not sure how good it is.

It has really screwed things up as I had everything planned around using Pod for camping, Ibis at Wellingborough for hotel and meeting at the Ibis on Sunday morning to go to Japfest.

In a proper mood about this now.

The option is to go back to using Billing Aquadrome at Northampton and set the hotel as the Premier Inn there. But last time i checked they had run out of rooms so everybody would need to camp.

There is also a camp site at a country park on the way towards Pod but never used it so not sure how good it is.

It has really screwed things up as I had everything planned around using Pod for camping, Ibis at Wellingborough for hotel and meeting at the Ibis on Sunday morning to go to Japfest.

In a proper mood about this now.

I will have a think/search where we may be able to camp around Pod other than Billing.

Edited by Steve (see edit history)

How about camping at Grendon Lakes, they are between 5-10 minutes from Santa Pod.

http://www.grendonlakes.co.uk/

The prices are as quoted on the website.

2,3,4 man tents £10 per night.

5,6,7 man tents £15 per night.

8 + man tents £20 per night.

You/we shall need to book in advance to get these prices though.

They have a bar on-site which sells snacks etc which we can use or the use of BBQ's is fine.

The only thing they do insist on is that no cars are driven on/around thesite after 9.30pm (very strict on this).

Tel: 01933 665303

Postcode: NN7 1JW

I spoke to Lucy there today.

:)

HOLD YOUR HORSES FOLKS

It seems my email to Santa Pod struck a chord.

We can now camp on the Saturday night. It will be up near the drift circuit (so not in with the mini people) but it will at least be camping.

It will be £5 per person and you will need to bring your own tent.

We need to be on best behaviour, but we can have beers and music and have fun without getting out of hand I'm sure.

So, those who want to camp on the Saturday night please PM me to confirm how many of you are coming. I have a limit on numbers so please make sure you tell me otherwise you may not be allowed the camp.

If planning on camping then please PM me saying how many of you there will be.

We will sort out the camping costs on the day but I need to know numbers now so I can let Pod know how many there will be.

Quite a few of us are staying at the Wellingborough Ibis hotel (lots of rooms left folks), so not sure where the party gathering will end up, but I will probably be in the pub on the Saturday night.

If planning on camping then please PM me saying how many of you there will be.

We will sort out the camping costs on the day but I need to know numbers now so I can let Pod know how many there will be.

Quite a few of us are staying at the Wellingborough Ibis hotel (lots of rooms left folks), so not sure where the party gathering will end up, but I will probably be in the pub on the Saturday night.

we have booked in that hotel £127 for 2 nights with breakfast,then i got an email yesterday saying ibis are offering 1 night with breakfast for £44 at the moment.:(

we have booked in that hotel £127 for 2 nights with breakfast,then i got an email yesterday saying ibis are offering 1 night with breakfast for £44 at the moment.:(

yeah I got that email as well:(, but that was a none refundable offer

Could always cancel and re book:sly:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)