Suprapod 2010 Weekender - Discussion thread

Branners

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when do we get our tickets? or are they waiting for us there?? steveR aint replying back

There is no tickets as such for the event. You will be checked in though at the gate with the details you have given on the shop when you arrive.

Boy I hope it don't rain that weekend

It would indeed be sad if it did. But for the drag competitors we have insurance to cover your payments. There are some specific time based rules on when the rain comes and how long it stays for but in theory if it is a washout we can refund the drag payments.

Sky Insurance kindly paid for it again this year.

Worth noting that rain wont stop the drift or the day itself so that would carry on and no refunds on that.

Guest Joesefer
Is that a Silvia with a 180sx front end? :search:

I get so confused with these.

yeah thats the one

Yup,

http://www.versionselect.com/images/neko1.jpg

I'm surprised he uses it as a drift slag given how rare they are.

yeah something like that but blue. looking forward to it, ive never drifted at pod properly before. so should be a laugh, this is me "end of season" so got a few last tyres to get rid off. i dont think ill be going mental tho! so hopefully abit of this! is in order!

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5091/4656599423c1e39fdb4db.jpg

the guys form the midlands asked me to join the shewsbury convoy which is also awesome thanks guys :)

Edited by Joesefer (see edit history)

It would indeed be sad if it did. But for the drag competitors we have insurance to cover your payments. There are some specific time based rules on when the rain comes and how long it stays for but in theory if it is a washout we can refund the drag payments.

Sky Insurance kindly paid for it again this year.

Worth noting that rain wont stop the drift or the day itself so that would carry on and no refunds on that.

It was the camping I was bothered about :D

ARRRGGGHH I definitely can't come to this weekend now due to my family committing me to my nieces wedding. (I was hoping they would do the decent thing and split up by now)

I am gutted as this is the best weekend of my annual calender and I was all ready to rock. Even had the missus coming up in her car so I could ferry althe wheels... what a bummer.

I have therefore decided to sell my drag wheels and my spare wheels for the drifting and have them on the for sale threads if anyone is interested. If nothing else it makes you look the part :eyebrows:

Well folks, with 3 weeks to go we are still a little short on drag strip competitors.

Can I ask you to go out to all your friends and ask them if they fancy it, and if they do then ask them to pay via the online shop.

As always we are not looking to make money on this, the aim is to break even, so the closer we get to the 100 competitors the happier I am.

Would be great to see things like 350z, Evos, Scoobs, Jags, Vipers, bonkers kits cars and Nobles if anybody has friends with those sorts of cars.

I like a nice spectacle so a mix of cars would be great.

So if you can head out and see who you can rustle up that would be great.

thanks

Has anyone ventured onto pistonheads forums and disclosed this too them. I've been to one of their meets, and to say they're diverse is an understatement. Nobles, TVRs, S2000's, Ferraris, Ultimas.

Branners, do you want to post something up over there, or would you like me too.?

I will definetly be purchasing a drag and spectator ticket on Friday, plus 2 or 3 more spectator tickets on the day. Supra should be coming back today or tomorrow, if its still not quite right Cheryl has said we can use her M3. I didnt go into the finer details of whether thats for the journey or the drag racing, but i'll suss that out when i tell her the start line is the entrance to the car park :D

Has anyone ventured onto pistonheads forums and disclosed this too them. I've been to one of their meets, and to say they're diverse is an understatement. Nobles, TVRs, S2000's, Ferraris, Ultimas.

Branners, do you want to post something up over there, or would you like me too.?

If you can that would be great :)

Well folks, with 3 weeks to go we are still a little short on drag strip competitors.

Can I ask you to go out to all your friends and ask them if they fancy it, and if they do then ask them to pay via the online shop.

As always we are not looking to make money on this, the aim is to break even, so the closer we get to the 100 competitors the happier I am.

Would be great to see things like 350z, Evos, Scoobs, Jags, Vipers, bonkers kits cars and Nobles if anybody has friends with those sorts of cars.

I like a nice spectacle so a mix of cars would be great.

So if you can head out and see who you can rustle up that would be great.

thanks

If i can get my Mines ECU installed by then sign me up for drag Pm me details of how to pay.