Suprapod 2010 Weekender - Discussion thread

Branners

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahh crap is it only 120mph. Another thing to shop for.

Is 120mph terminal going to be reached in most mild single turbos?

That is a big variable, but to be on the safe side It'd be best to expect you break it. A 550bhp car should be above 120mph terminals, TT's extremely unlikely, but you never know :D There are also folks that I am sure will lend you one if needed, however basic lids are available from £40, so it's not a huge expense.

Ahh crap is it only 120mph. Another thing to shop for.

Is 120mph terminal going to be reached in most mild single turbos?

you wont need a lid dude:taped::innocent:.....................................................................................................................................joke, you better find one dude.

ahh good stuff , ill just have to get myself a "lip" then :) its also another reason to hide my embarrassment of a poor run ;)

hopefully see all you guys and girls there then.

oh and on the "lip" topic, wheres the best place to get one. ?

you wont need a lid dude:taped::innocent:.....................................................................................................................................joke, you better find one dude.

:sly:

That is a big variable, but to be on the safe side It'd be best to expect you break it. A 550bhp car should be above 120mph terminals, TT's extremely unlikely, but you never know :D There are also folks that I am sure will lend you one if needed, however basic lids are available from £40, so it's not a huge expense.

cheers mate ;)

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

A few questions on this JB/Darryl. I'll be looking to come along to this also as I'm always up for a good day out. First question, I was explaining the whole Suprapod, quarter mile strip day to a colleague of mine at work and he seems really enthusiastic about the whole experience and wants to bring his car along to take down the strip. Its nothing Jap or modified just a standard 1.8 focus but he wants to enjoy the day, so fair enough I thought. Would this be OK? Or are there rules about car type etc?

Secondly, I'll be away until the 7th August, will that be too late to pay via. Paypal or will it be fine?

Fitz, both you and your mate can use the shop JB posted to place your orders. The spaces for non-supra's are a bit limited, but there's no problem with members bringing friends along, but they must sign up and pay via the shop to secure a space.

Is there any news on whether we are camping there the Saturday night? I would like to travel down on the Friday night & if so camp there Friday night too if that's at all possible?

How much more is it to camp? Where would camping be? Billing or at the pod?

can we pay on the gate to spectate?

Yes mate you can, like you're going to turn up anyway (I better lose some weight if you are) :D

Is there any news on whether we are camping there the Saturday night? I would like to travel down on the Friday night & if so camp there Friday night too if that's at all possible?

Im well up for camping, i think saturday night might be better, i dont fancy racing all day with a hangover;)

I am hoping that camping will be at Pod. My contact was in the process of being run over by a drag car when I called so I asked him to call back, but have not heard from him yet.

I will track him down over the weekend and confirm whether camping is available (dont forget, the Mini brigade will already be camping on site...)

Quick Question on the Payment types. I myself will be looking to go down the Strip so that's £55 for me correct? Also, a colleague from work will be coming along and possibly my other half so would that be £10 for each of them so £75 in total?

Just clarifying :)

Quick payment question from me too, I may/may not have someone with me (it's literally 50/50 at the mo). I just assumed that on the day considering I was a payed runner an extra +1 wouldn't matter that much and it's the people who aren't running that may turn up on the day you were more bothered about? (as that number could inrcease rapidly)

Quick Question on the Payment types. I myself will be looking to go down the Strip so that's £55 for me correct? Also, a colleague from work will be coming along and possibly my other half so would that be £10 for each of them so £75 in total?

Correct. It is £10 for each non-member that is spectating and £55 for yourself to compete in the drag racing. So £75 total. :)

Quick payment question from me too, I may/may not have someone with me (it's literally 50/50 at the mo). I just assumed that on the day considering I was a payed runner an extra +1 wouldn't matter that much and it's the people who aren't running that may turn up on the day you were more bothered about? (as that number could inrcease rapidly)

The extra +1 Jay, is that just to spectate or to compete in the drag racing?