The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2010 Weekender - Discussion thread

Branners

Correct. It is £10 for each non-member that is spectating and £55 for yourself to compete in the drag racing. So £75 total. :)

The extra +1 Jay, is that just to spectate or to compete in the drag racing?

Just clarifying :)

Just to spectate Steve

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Steve, I'm a bit tied up with funds at the moment but will get the payment along as soon as I can. Hoping there will be spaces left, will be my first time at the Pod

It is a great day out, so get your name down as soon as you can ;)

Saturday would be the busier of the camping nights Jamie, and you could join the convoy to Japfest at Rockingham and then carry on home.

Also if anybody camps on the Friday I doubt you would make it out to Lui's convoy from Toddington.

But let me see what I can do on the camping side of things first.

I am trying to work out the costs for the weekend, so I think a few of us from the South West will be looking at Friday and Saturday night in a Hotel/Travel Lodge or something similar.

Is everyone staying in the Pod area Saturday night or moving down to Rockinham and which Hotel does everyone normally head to ??

I would like to try and get it booked to spread the cost out a bit, so would like the info please;)

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

By the sound of it most will be camping at the pod.

There is a Holiday Inn , Premier Inn and others within 15-20 minutes from the Pod, but like Jamie said I guess lots will camp and the hotels etc will cost you 50 per night.

Thanks Guys, have spoken to Branners about it, it's not officially sorted yet

Whats the chance of having a tyre changing man there? be great to be able to try different tyres on my car.

I wonder if it might interest others? drag race with some shitty tyres or slicks you dont mind wearing out then put your street tyres back on for the drive home.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Whats the chance of having a tyre changing man there? be great to be able to try different tyres on my car.

I wonder if it might interest others? drag race with some shitty tyres or slicks you dont mind wearing out then put your stret tyres back on for the drive home.

Good call JP, me interested indeed.

I wonder if it might interest others? drag race with some shitty tyres or slicks you dont mind wearing out then put your street tyres back on for the drive home.

Yeap, I could do with this aswell, I have a pair of Falkens here to put on when I get there

Branners, How does it work if my son has a few goes down the strip. Of course i will be buying a ticket to compete in the drag but does he have to pay the full price again allthough we are using the same car? Thanks.

Unforunately Pod require that it's the driver that has to register, not the car. This means that if you and your son want to drive the car it uses two of our available spaces, so two drivers tickets will be required.

Does your son hold a full UK drivers license? He didn't look old enough to last time I saw him (if its the same lad :D )