car went bang!!! :(

L33

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heard earlier today that you have had a mishap buddy.

Don't get disheartened, things like this happen to the best of people, you just got to take the rough with as much or little smooth as your lucky enough to get.

I certainly wouldn't give up on your car, anything can be fixed within limits apart from catastrophic internal failure blowing the block.

It doesn't look all that bad on the face of it.

I would be looking at it this way, time to learn what your made of and prove that you can resolve the issue.

It will take time perhaps and patience too, but anything is possible and you have plenty of friends on hand.

Just wish you weren't quiet so far away, but if needs must I will help you.

Sad news Lee mate you have had nothing but troubles feel so sorry for you & especially listed for Japfest show stand as well hope you get it sorted but if not any chance of show stand pass to be sent back to me to hand out to another supra cheers Lui

Heard earlier today that you have had a mishap buddy.

Don't get disheartened, things like this happen to the best of people, you just got to take the rough with as much or little smooth as your lucky enough to get.

I certainly wouldn't give up on your car, anything can be fixed within limits apart from catastrophic internal failure blowing the block.

It doesn't look all that bad on the face of it.

I would be looking at it this way, time to learn what your made of and prove that you can resolve the issue.

It will take time perhaps and patience too, but anything is possible and you have plenty of friends on hand.

Just wish you weren't quiet so far away, but if needs must I will help you.

Well said and i second that mate ;)

i no you guys think its a bit of a rash decision but i really do want rid of the car now its just deciding weather to fix and sell or sell as it is :( i cant see me getting it fixed any time soon, just lost all interest

lui i will send the pass back

cheers

i no you guys think its a bit of a rash decision but i really do want rid of the car now its just deciding weather to fix and sell or sell as it is :( i cant see me getting it fixed any time soon, just lost all interest

lui i will send the pass back

cheers

Ill be supprised if you get much for it selling as is, there could be a lot more wrong with it than just a oil pump, big risk for anyone buying, far better to fix and sell mate.

As it stands Lee, it's only worth what the sum total of the working parts would fetch 2nd hand. You would be better of selling it as a working vehicle, but if you are seriously that fed up with it, breaking it may be the better route to try and recoup as much as possible.

Ill be supprised if you get much for it selling as is, there could be a lot more wrong with it than just a oil pump, big risk for anyone buying, far better to fix and sell mate.

Yup... I agree. If I was in the market for a single Supra, then buying one with unknown problems even at a discounted price wouldn't be something I'd even entertain doing.

Get it fixed if you are going to sell it or you will have to accept a huge loss. At the very least get it inspected and work out how much it would cost to fix then you will know the best way to cut your losses, at least then you would be making an informed decision. It could be much more financially viable to fix (properly) and sell it, rather than sell it as it is for a what would almost certainly be a greater loss.

yea but not even close to 10k?!

You might do, just off the top of my head.

solaris ecu got to be a grand alone, turbo kit, fuel kit, fmic, exhaust, boostlogic gearbox, diff, interior, gauges, uk brakes, cams, pulleys, suspension, bodyshell etc..... all adds up.

right here is all the bits ive bought and had fitted for the car and the prices just so you have a idea of the value of this car even as it is now

standard car itself - £6000

boost logic auto box - £1500

3800 high stall torque converter - £700

wiseco forged pistons - £500

hks 264 cams - £500

650cc sard injectors - £500

hks ssqv - £200

25 row oil cooler,

gates drag racing cam belt,

hks advanced timing pulleys,

water pump - £800

Full engine bearing kit,

ARP head stud kit,

all new gaskets - £600

defi box and 5 gauges - £1100

hi powered fan for gear box rad - £130

new uk brake set up and braided lines - £1400

3" blitz 2nd decat £180

private plate - £300

wheels - £200

r888 on rear - £400

20mm wheel spacers on front - £100

cusco oil catch can - £100

k+n 4" filter - £60

AFR gauge and o2 sensor - £300

syvecs ECU - £1300

torsen diff - £200

borgwarner 91 79 turbo - £900

bits on the car but no prices as i bought a second turbo to take parts from

twin walbro fuel pumps and fuel system

twin feed standard fuel rail

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

xs power 3 core FMIC

xs power manifold

xs power down pipe

veilside exhaust system

polished pipes, covers ect

carbon 3 gauge glove box pod

2 pod door pillar gauge pod

44mm tial external waste gate and screamer pipe

new water pump

so just the bits i have prices for alone ive spent - £11970 and then including buying the car thats £17970 and god nos how much labour ive thrown at it, prob another 5k on top if not more!

and there are still bits with no prices!!

so i think as it is its still worth a min of 10k! if some one wanted to go single, with a 600 bhp target they could buy this car to save money for a start and then sell the shell, head ect if they wanted to take all the parts out to fit them self

Cheers for the offer mate

I'm guessin to repair this I'm looking at a bill of around 1k which I'm simply don't have atm plus toeing ect

If this was a running cart its prob worth around 15k so tbh to save the stress I don't need now I wish I could sell as it is and just accept my losses!

I've had one offer of 7k which is only a grand more than I payed for it standard! This has to be worth 10k! If some one wants to go big single with 600bhp this car would save loads on parts and then make the money back sellin spares! Shell alone with out engine your looking at 2k plus! That's what I sold a silver one for!

Not to sound too offensive Lee, but a modified car is never the sum of the cost of the parts. This is why parting out is often more financially beneficial than selling as is.

Also, I think given that you've had a few issues with this car you wouldn't be able to say (like for an unmodified example) that it's simply turn-key and drive away - there looks to be quite some expense to rectify the *known* issues plus potentially others that you're unaware of. This will have a tendency to scare off buyers.

I'm guessin to repair this I'm looking at a bill of around 1k which I'm simply don't have atm plus toeing ect

Until you know exactly what is wrong, it's impossible to say how much it will cost to repair, it maybe less than £1K to fix, it could be a lot more if the engine is shot and needs replacing. It would be a lot easier to sell as a whole if you have an engineers report detailing the work needed to repair.

Lee.

If you need some help you have my number, the bad mouthing I understand when your upset, but wont help. Whats happened is pure speculation untill its seen to.

In writing or words your warranty is with me and your best route of a affordable fix (if) we have done anything wrong.

Feel free to contact me.

James

I no 10 sounds expensive for a non running car but I was looking down the line of PARTS alone if I was to strip are worth 10k as they have only seen like 3k miles so will be in near new condition! And then the money back as I mentioned selling shell, spare head and engine bits ect when the modded parts are removed!

Like I said if any one is about to fork out a huge amount to go single, price it up and for the price of mine with money back possibilities they could kit there car out for 600 bhp cheaper than buying again!

I no 10 sounds expensive for a non running car but I was looking down the line of PARTS alone if I was to strip are worth 10k as they have only seen like 3k miles so will be in near new condition! And then the money back as I mentioned selling shell, spare head and engine bits ect when the modded parts are removed!

Like I said if any one is about to fork out a huge amount to go single, price it up and for the price of mine with money back possibilities they could kit there car out for 600 bhp cheaper than buying again!

Lee,

Do yourself a favour mate, get someone of a known reputation to look at the car and give a report on what's wrong if you are going to sell it without fixing it. Until then you aren't going to get anywhere near what you want for the car or its parts. Until then you are just going to shoot yourself in the foot... nobody will take the risk buying into something that is an unknown unless they are seriously kicking you down on the price like some of the 7k offers you've already had.

Good luck in getting it sorted.