car went bang!!! :(

L33

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this has really cheered me up guys :) on a bit of a downer with current situations today :(

what about the inspection side of it? as it may be more than just changing pump!

A basic visible inspection shouldn't be too difficult, as far as the head goes I'll see if I can get my hands on a boroscope. I seem to remember there is someone here who had contacts for oil analysis.

Compression and leakdown, shouldn't be too difficult either. I've got a compression tester and again, should be able to secure a leakdown unit.

this has really cheered me up guys :) on a bit of a downer with current situations today :(

what about the inspection side of it? as it may be more than just changing pump!

im sure we will be able to sort it even if it means popping up a fiew times not as if every body has to come in thier own vehicles,just pile them in my van.too be honest its the labour cost that always bumps the price of any repair up.could even make a weekend of it as long as theres somewhere to sleep,you know we aint fussy where we fall.

dont think u lot understand how much this actually means to me! welling up a tad!

nice to hear some good news atm and such good hearted ppl! :) really made my week!

So, whens the BBQ round yours then, and I'll load up the little van :)

Guest argy911

count your self lucky .I p/x'ed my Subaru impreza wrx which i paid £8,000 for a bmw that was an ex right off and a vaxhall astra that blew up on me as I was driving along ,the con rod came out side of the side of the engine .I ended up scraping the astra and lost about 4 grand .

your lucky that people are willing to help you.

I am sure with the weather turning around we could set up some tents or something in the garden, knew it wouldn't take long for everyone to start catching onto the angle I was coming from.

If need be we could have the whole engine out and stripped in a couple hours, it isn't really a massive job if you know what your doing that is.

Should be seeing some good weather soon too.

Great to see your willing to take the mobile work shop Barney, great stuff.

Might need to hang onto that hoist, if its okay with Stu!!!

I'd be happy to pop over and offer assistance be it extra hands or electrics :)

Gav, if you are heading down, can I bagsy shotgun? ;) Not sure what use I can be, but can turn a spanner and point at stuff in a meaningful way :D

Gav, if you are heading down, can I bagsy shotgun? ;) Not sure what use I can be, but can turn a spanner and point at stuff in a meaningful way :D

u sound as usless as me so u can help me on bbq dutys lol!

u sound as usless as me so u can help me on bbq dutys lol!

I was kidding mate :D I'm better off behind a laptop than a BBQ ;)

Just checking with Ryan if he'll supply the Solaris software so that sensor inputs can be verified...