car went bang!!! :(

L33

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On this forum we promote good traders, and point people in the direction of good work......can we legally have a section of reviews of bad traders so we know not to go there?

Legally that would be a nightmare to control. If we have belief that a trader really is at fault we let controversial discussions carry on, but if we dont have that confidence we generally stop the discussions.

Legally we can be called to court for allowing discussions that can damage a business. I dont fancy a day in court or finding punative damages against us.

So a 'bad trader' section would need some very careful discussion.

thing is im already at a huge loss by there mistakes in the first place! so a few more wouldnt hurt!

i no you think im being harsh but the sh!t ive had with this car i really cant take any more!!

they were a bunch of muppets!

lost my high stall torque converter which i had to buy for another 500 quid as they denyed it ever turned up when a few months previous i rang them as it came with the BL box and they said it was all there but then denyed ever saying that

my gear box was leaking and i posted pics on here of the 2 diff colour sealants and the ripped gasket they used to bodge back on so i had to redo all that and they denyed taking it apart when they rang and charged me for a gear box flush as there was "metal shards" in the gear box sump which is normal for a BL if you search threads

when i got the car back both rear lights had NO fixings in yet they shoud never of been removed

the cover for the fuel pumps on the boot had been angle grinded so they could fit the fat braided fuel hose but it was bare sharp metal which was cutting into the fuel line! ryan G spotted it and used some rubbed vac pipe to fit all around the cut to prevent it

b4 the car went to them i had a brand new aux tensioner fitted, when i got the car back i had some old skank one that sounded duff as it was making a high pitch noise but they swear they gave me the other one along with all the other spare engine bits which they didnt!

the wiring for all my gauges was a complete hash when i pulled the dash apart

my down pipe touches my fire wall is it? at the back of the bay and they said u mite hear a bit of rubbing now and again just where the turbo is to big and rubs on it?!

red engine warning light was on and they said o thats cuz of ryan G tinkering with the ecu, even with the solaris its still there so has nothing to do with him

my new uk brakes squeel like mad when stopping where they didnt use copper slip - amature!!

and the build its self took 14 months!!! and about 5k on labour, but apparently i should be greatful as they didnt charge me storage?!

off the top of my head thats all i can remember

also and i hope he dont mind me using his name, but when the car was waiting to have its run in map done they told me ryan was due on a monday, i rang up on a friday asking how it was going as i didnt hear any thing and they said ryan hasnt turned up all week they will get hold of him

reading all the stuff on here it didnt sound rite so i rang ryan myself and the reason he wasnt there is because he was never contacted in the first place!

so all they do is lie, scam, bodge and just hash things up!

Ah fuuuck sake mate what a nightmare.

I used toyotaGT for my bpu on my old car years ago and james was great - ever since ive not heard much positive.

Really feel for you dude :(

dont sell it off cheap just like that, not after everything u been through.

U would make more breaking it with all the quality parts fitted, but see if its fixable first eh.

I really feel for you. I had a similar experience (spookily similar, actually) a couple of years ago with a car of mine. That was with a different company, I hasten to add, but the principle was identical, as was the standard of workmanship by the sounds of it. I had a list typed up by an independant inspector that was 2 pages of A4 of all the bodge-jobs and cut corners, the worst of which was the discovery that the chassis had been drilled in a supporting part in order to allow for a socket to be put through the hole to allow access to a bolt on a bodged and incorrectly aligned engine mount!

The best thing I ever did in those circumstances was getting another car (my Supra, as it turned out), so whereas I would agree with the "don't be too hasty" advice, I will also say in the long run it could be the right move. My advice would be to get everything checked out independantly first - it costs more in the short term but could do a lot of good in the longer run. I lost over £1200 in total so I know how it feels!

I hope it works out for you, anyway, whatever you decide on.

I'll go with you...

lol, They need it by the sound of things.

Like said above Lee, independent assessment and then see if you can go along the lines of trading standards, Also im sure they could do with a visit from the ministry. If they are bodging cars like this the Ministry will catch them out and then they are in no end of shit.

Sorry to see this Lee.

Im sorry to say but i see this coming, everything just looked a bit of a bodge in the engine bay, to give it back to you in the way they did was shocking.

First thing you need to do is find out whats wrong with it, then take legal advice.

That is real shit news Lee.

I hope you get these issues sorted and continue with the supe as i think yours is a stunner.

I can understand you not wanting to carry on with it as i would feel the same but you need to get it sorted properly and start to enjoy it.

These guys sound like bloody cowboys too, take them to the cleaners fella.

That is real $#@! news Lee.

I hope you get these issues sorted and continue with the supe as i think yours is a stunner.

I can understand you not wanting to carry on with it as i would feel the same but you need to get it sorted properly and start to enjoy it.

These guys sound like bloody cowboys too, take them to the cleaners fella.

10k and its yours ;) just ignore the rite up :)

Like people have said, stop and take stock.

1st things 1st, to bring any claim you need to be able to link the error/fault of the person to the damaged caused. Sometimes it's obvious but it is not so easy with engines. You need to be able to prove that the garage caused the problems. There can be many reasons why a fault can occur and it might not be the negligence of the garage (i.e. you bottomed the car etc). Have a reputable garage check the damage and look for causes. Ask for it in writing. If they won't put it in writing I would advise that you get an independent engineers report to support your claim. Also lots and lots and lots of digital photos.

You also need to draw the distinction between poor service and breach of contract. For example you can't sue for someone not ringing you back but you could sue them for running you over. You need to keep in mind the difference. I don't think from your posts that you are doing this at the moment. Look at my Envy dispute threads, I'm not saying they are perfect examples but if you make a list of the problems and evidence them it all helps.

Indeed, perhaps it is time for those who have fallen foul of their work to stand up together and get compensation.

Erin Brockovich here we come.

It's not really sensible here. Each person's problem is a seperate problem with seperate breaches and circumstances.

They applied for trader status and got rejected. I would have hoped that was sufficient indication of problems..?

With respect to the mods on the forum, I don't actually think it is. People don't see these things unless they live on the site so not everyone will know. Whether you can do more or whether you should do more has got nothing to do with me though.

I would like to see more done. Envy cost me thousands and I am still very bitter about how they appeared to have such a good reputation on here but reality was very different.

Legally we can be called to court for allowing discussions that can damage a business. I dont fancy a day in court or finding punative damages against us.

As Branners says, an 'avoid' thread etc could be a nightmare. It is ok to state facts which can be backed with evidence, but poor Branners has a duty not to let unfounded or inaccurate criticism run riot on his forum.

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

Lee,

Times like these bud are a test and everyone goes through them mate. Last year i went through a ruff patch and my 5 1/2 year reletionship GF left me also but Trust Me everything happens for a reason IMO and you learn from it all. Things will get better!!

Now lets find out whats happened.

Firth thing i would do is give StuartW a shout on here. He is local to you and knows alot about supra's, im sure he wont mind popping over and looking over it.

Now when the engine turns over does it sound the same as usual ie no bangs and knocks etc.

Next take the cam cover off and see if the cam belt is still in one piece.

Does the Dash red oil pressure light go off when cranking?

Does the RPM counter flicker slighty at all when cranking?

For some reason i have a feeling the timing star might have fell of its pulley and it might of damage the oil pump if the oil pressure light is not going out.

Ryan

The position of the oil is making me think maybe the leak is from the oil pressure sender? They have been known to leak and then suddenly fail, and the oil doesn't stay in for long after that.

It doesn't explain the bang, unless it was the sender unit parting company with the car and ricocheting off the road back into the underside. It might also explain the warning light if the sensor isn't there any more.

I'd kinda expect more oil around the place than that though. Need more pics of the underside, further back.

Another look and I also think it could be the front main seal. The oil spray is quite directional, possibly from coming off the back of the crank pulley at high revs. Can you check the back of the crank pulley for oil?

Edited by Ian C (see edit history)

Guest sinie

bit of a lurker on here, use the forum mainly for information when playing with a mates supra years back,

lee as said on the phone mate,

ill boot round tomorrow, strip the covers off and take a look with you,

will give you a call tomorrow when heading over, ill bring some tools, and well crack on,

chin up mate

cheers ryan

sounded fine last nite when i tried to start just wouldnt actually start so i didnt try again

i will take the cover off tomo when its not pi$$in it down

dash light stayed on i think again will check tomo, same with oil pressure that stayed on 0

and not sure about flickering

that was a brand new oil pump!!